Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374622 times)

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
Here's a post I've been meaning to make for awhile.  In the past month, I've gotten 3 chase cards (SW x2, Hyatt) approved for myself, and 2 for a friend of mine with very little credit history.  I had a 20k CL from BA (no idea why) and for some reason the only card I got instantly approved for was SW Premier which they gave me an additional 2k CL for.  First called up for the Hyatt which was a breeze considering all they had to do was move 5k over from the BA but the SW Plus was a little tricker.  First two reps were not having it at all saying it's impossible to have two cards and get two bonuses, yada yada yada.  Called a 3rd time and got a really laid back guy who said "well, I can't approve them both for personal use but do you happen to have a business?"  Baruch Hashem, Shalom al Yisrael all three are now in my wallet.
The friend however was a little more difficult.  He has a Chase Freedom card for only 4 months and he's 29 years old, no other credit history.  Was able to get him approved for a SW Plus with a 2k credit line and B"H after calling 3 times and getting a manager was able to get him approved for a Hyatt as well.  Basically the manager asked, "so it says you put down here your salary is $20k, is that all of your income?" Answer: "Why no, I have a tutoring business on the side which pays me an additional $20k/year" Manager: "Oh that's wonderful, I just ran your numbers and you're all set."  This happened on both cards.  I should also mention that he has something like 50k in the bank with Chase, not sure how much this influenced their decision.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
Update: My wife called and authorized me to speak on her behalf. Request was granted without a problem for the next 24 hours. I asked the rep to please reconsider as the only negative mark on her CR was due to a reporting mistake by BoA (true story). She agreed to approve the card with a $500 CL.

In a sense of her needing this card to boost her credit it was a successful call, but considering I was opening the card for the 0% APR with free BTs its pretty much useless.

I asked the rep to give a higher line but she said that's all she can do. She advised me to use the full CL for the next 5 months, pay the balance in full each time, and then call to request an increase. Has anyone had success with this before? Do we really need to wait that long?

Credit line increases happen all the time, albeit (sometimes) with credit pulls.

Sounds like you actually need the positive history, so I'd say yes, wait at least that long. (Unless you don't care about the pulls, in which case I'd say maybe try in 3 months.) 
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2011, 11:25:14 PM »
Thanks AJK.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #383 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
You're welcome.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2011, 01:57:01 AM »
putpac cant hurt
I did, they said no. Im going to try again..... Anything specific that i should say?
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2011, 02:10:33 AM »
I did, they said no. Im going to try again..... Anything specific that i should say?
why did they say no?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2011, 07:44:37 AM »
31+days read a little

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
I recently did a 3bm of business cards
of course i got denied for all 3 and saw 2 credit hits on my account called for 2 got approved (all regular so far)

Now the strange part: when i called for the 3rd they told me that they never pulled the credit for this app, they saw too many apps and denied without pulling my credit and would need to pull in order to recon
i authorized them to pull again (which is another question if it was worth a credit hit for $400 on the ink cash after one swipe, i think it was )
has this ever happened to anyone

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
just did a 3Bm with chase on wifes account and got pending all 3. called up and was told she needs to fax in copy of s.s. card and proof of address. anyone got this response?

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2011, 02:45:33 PM »
yea
 ime its bec. alot of apps for different people on the same ip

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 06, 2011, 03:09:13 PM »
Now the strange part: when i called for the 3rd they told me that they never pulled the credit for this app, they saw too many apps and denied without pulling my credit and would need to pull in order to recon
i authorized them to pull again (which is another question if it was worth a credit hit for $400 on the ink cash after one swipe, i think it was )
has this ever happened to anyone

just did a 3Bm with chase on wifes account and got pending all 3. called up and was told she needs to fax in copy of s.s. card and proof of address. anyone got this response?

For my recent 3bm (SP SW Freedom)for my wife all 3 were declined.
Sp they asked me to send in the verification info, i was then approved without having to call recon again.
For the freedom they told me to many apps and no credit pull was done, they did a pull (it hasn't showed up yet, but i monitor with credit karma so i don't know how accurate it is) and got approved.

Offline stam

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 06, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
Applied for United, Sapphire, and Ink biz using 3BM, got turned down on all 3.
Called recon, worked out the first 2 with reallocation from previous accounts (was a breeze,thanks Dan!!).
 Got  raked over the coals about my business for the Ink application, and ultimately turned down.
Can I ask to reallocate personal credit to get approved fro the Ink Bold biz card?
How  much available credit would i need? Is there a minimum credit line for the Ink Bold card? (the Chase Sapphire I was told needed to have minimum 5K credit line; anyone know if thats negotiable?
Thanks!!

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
Can I ask to reallocate personal credit to get approved fro the Ink Bold biz card?
How  much available credit would i need? Is there a minimum credit line for the Ink Bold card? (the Chase Sapphire I was told needed to have minimum 5K credit line; anyone know if thats negotiable?
Thanks!!

I got approved for the IB by moving over credit from SP. Not sure if there is a minimum but $3500 is definitely enough

Offline stam

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:36 PM »
I got approved for the IB by moving over credit from SP. Not sure if there is a minimum but $3500 is definitely enough
3500 was enough for IB? or for Sapphire? (is SP Sapphire?)
Thanx for your help!

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:33 PM »
3500 was enough for IB? or for Sapphire? (is SP Sapphire?)
Thanx for your help!

3500 was enough for the IB and SP = Sapphire Preferred

Offline stam

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 06, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »
3500 was enough for the IB and SP = Sapphire Preferred
3500 won't work for me, i need more like 1000...  :-[
 Anyone else have experience with this?
thanx again!

Offline bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 06, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
3500 won't work for me, i need more like 1000...  :-[
 Anyone else have experience with this?
thanx again!

Could be that would work too. Why not just call?

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 07, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
but i monitor with credit karma so i don't know how accurate it is) and got approved.
BTW Credit Karme only shows pulls from trans union and Chase usaly puls from expiran/equfex not trans union so it wont show up in credit karme

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 07, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
BTW Credit Karme only shows pulls from trans union and Chase usaly puls from expiran/equfex not trans union so it wont show up in credit karme
Oh. Thanx.

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 07, 2011, 01:57:38 PM »

depends on the state.  for me, chase pulls from TU.