Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2397269 times)

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #400 on: December 07, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
BTW Credit Karme only shows pulls from trans union and Chase usaly puls from expiran/equfex not trans union so it wont show up in credit karme
depends on the state.  for me, chase pulls from TU.

+1
There is a thread about this topic

http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=6373.0

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
I had one open account with Chase (from this year), and did a 2 BM a week ago, 1 SW, and 1 biz SW.
Was approved for the SW, and called up and they told me I was declined for the biz SW. They told me it was b/c of number of inquiries in last year, and I offered to close an account, or transfer CL, and they told me that n/t would help since the inquiry amount was an automatic red flag.

Is this a typical response, but another call may help better, or is this actually a final no?
(Odd thing is, I do work, and have a real income, and can possibly be considered a biz since I do gov work in Israel)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #402 on: December 07, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
putpac again

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
I had one open account with Chase (from this year), and did a 2 BM a week ago, 1 SW, and 1 biz SW.
Was approved for the SW, and called up and they told me I was declined for the biz SW. They told me it was b/c of number of inquiries in last year, and I offered to close an account, or transfer CL, and they told me that n/t would help since the inquiry amount was an automatic red flag.
Is this a typical response, but another call may help better, or is this actually a final no?

I had the same problem with too many inquiries and the first recon rep rejected me.  I called the credit analyst recon number, stressed that I wasn't looking for an extension of credit, just looking for an everyday spending card.  She then moved some CLs and opened the card.

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2011, 12:27:09 PM »
Oops, just realized yours was for the Business card, so I don't think the "everyday spending" excuse would work.
(and for some reason I can't find the "modify" button on my old post)

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
Oops, just realized yours was for the Business card, so I don't think the "everyday spending" excuse would work.
(and for some reason I can't find the "modify" button on my old post)

I'll stress the 'not looking for extension of credit' aspect and see how it goes.
As it stands, I have no biz accounts with them, so...

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 08, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
I'll stress the 'not looking for extension of credit' aspect and see how it goes.
As it stands, I have no biz accounts with them, so...

And... it worked. Explained my need, they asked me a bunch of financial questions (savings, liquidity, etc), I answered completely honestly, and good to go.
(This means that my churn was good for AMEX Plat (third), Delta Biz AMEX, Discover cash back, SW personal, SW biz, AA Visa, and still need to call about AA AMEX)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 08, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
(This means that my churn was good for AMEX Plat (third), Delta Biz AMEX, Discover cash back, SW personal, SW biz, AA Visa, and still need to call about AA AMEX)

You just applied for all those cards at once?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »
You just applied for all those cards at once?
Yea, but I kinda messed up. My computer (I'm in Israel) messes up the websites sometimes, so my application for the Sapphire didn't process, and I was afraid about doing it again. I'll try that in the spring I guess. Anyhow, it's hard for me to reach all this spend, so perhaps its for the best.
Also, my wife was approved for 4 cards or so (SW personal, US Airway, Sapphire, and s/t else I think. I'm still working on her Plat app since it was denied twice), so I need to be careful about spend

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »
Chase SM said that bonus miles take 6-8 weeks to cmoe through.  The consensus on DDF was that it comes through ight after first statement closes.
Came through within hours. 
+1 again to DDF!

now that the miles for my first card came through, and i have four days left to recon the second SW card that was denied, i called recon and the lady told me that i have to pay off the first card ($10 first spend + $69 fee for first year) and then call back to have it closed and credit line moved to other card.

If I pay the whole amount now, and then close the card in the proccess of recon'ing the second one, in which case the yearly fee from the first will be due to be refunded, will they refund it to the new card?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 09, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
If I pay the whole amount now, and then close the card in the proccess of recon'ing the second one, in which case the yearly fee from the first will be due to be refunded, will they refund it to the new card?

You can get a refund to a closed card.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 10, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »
I must be missing something..........
what good is a refund on a card that's closed and i cant spend on anymore?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 10, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
I must be missing something..........
what good is a refund on a card that's closed and i cant spend on anymore?

You can call them up and request a check for the balance.

Offline YG

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 10, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
That explains it.......
Thanx

Offline moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »
has anyone had any success asking for the SP  in both visa and mc (both have 50k sign up bonuses) the only excuse i could think of is the MC is a world card

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »
After my 3BM at the beginning of the week I got instant approval on 1 and pending on 2. I know generally people say wait for the letter, but what if the letter takes all the way until too close to the 30 day mark? Is there a maximum time period to wait before calling recon even without the letter in hand?

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2011, 08:57:25 PM »
am I imagining things or is the general chase recon line not usually very helpful?

I called and he couldn't take my app id, asked for a reference number or else a social security number.  Then he pulled up both my apps (did 2bm monday night), and told me both were declined due to recently opened card and recent applications (5 months ago). 

I asked if there was anything he could do and he put me on hold a second time.  He came back and said no.  He was borderline snide the whole time.  I hung up and decided not to waste more breath on him.  I will call a different number next time I think.  What number should I call to give them my app id?

Offline TC610

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
am I imagining things or is the general chase recon line not usually very helpful?

You are imagining things.  Last month, recon approved 2 out of 3 apps for me with no problem (see earlier in this thread for my experience).  The credit analyst number got my 3rd app approved.

I asked if there was anything he could do and he put me on hold a second time.  He came back and said no.  He was borderline snide the whole time.  I hung up and decided not to waste more breath on him.  I will call a different number next time I think.  What number should I call to give them my app id?

Instead of only mentioning problems (based on the information in your post, I assume that's what you did...otherwise you left out some info in your post), try to suggest a solution to the analyst.  See other peoples responses in this thread for what they chose to do for "too many recently opened accounts" and "too many inquiries/applications" issues.  Above all, be polite.  Also, most people here recommend calling for one app at a time instead of trying to get 2 apps approved with the same rep.  I've dealt with the recon and credit analyst lines for 6 different apps this year and have never failed to get any app pushed through by the second try.  As usual, YMMV.  Good luck.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »
I wasn't so clear I guess.  I meant to imply that he was a snide CSR in general, that he had no intention of being helpful, and that I realized all this a minute or two into the call.  That is why I didn't suggest anything to him (such as transferring credit off my other cards or closing one of them.)  I'm sure I could do those things with a reasonable rep but I didn't want to get into a boxing match with an anal retentive rep.

I have done this many times as well, and been approved several times.  But my last 5 apps all had to go through recon, and I had to deal with by-the-book hardnose reps several of those times.  I think I'm just frustrated.

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #419 on: December 19, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Just got my new SP along with 2 denials from my recent 3BM. Is calling recon 2 in the same day not recommended? What about doing so the same day as activating my new SP? Denials were for "too many recent requests for credit or opened accounts with us".