Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374665 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #420 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:36 PM »
Applied for Ink Bold, Chase Saphire and United using 3BM. Got letters denied for Saphire and United - no letter about Ink. Interestingly, I waited about 2 weeks before calling today, and the first lady tells me just a few days ago I was approved for Ink Bold for $30K. I called about Saphire so she lowered Ink to $20K and approved Saphire for $10K on the spot. At the same time (while I was on the phone) I called from a second phone about the United. Lady realized I had just gotten an approval from someone else just a few minutes ago - even called me on it - and I made nothing of it and she didn't mind. She moved $2.5K from another card I had to make room for the United and approved on the spot. I don't plan on using the united besides for the bonus, and I'll probably merge my CO OPP with the united anyway so I took the low credit limit.

Just wanted to share. Thank you Dan!
-Eli

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »
Applied for Ink Bold, Chase Saphire and United using 3BM. Got letters denied for Saphire and United - no letter about Ink. Interestingly, I waited about 2 weeks before calling today, and the first lady tells me just a few days ago I was approved for Ink Bold for $30K. I called about Saphire so she lowered Ink to $20K and approved Saphire for $10K on the spot. At the same time (while I was on the phone) I called from a second phone about the United. Lady realized I had just gotten an approval from someone else just a few minutes ago - even called me on it - and I made nothing of it and she didn't mind. She moved $2.5K from another card I had to make room for the United and approved on the spot. I don't plan on using the united besides for the bonus, and I'll probably merge my CO OPP with the united anyway so I took the low credit limit.

Just wanted to share. Thank you Dan!
congrats

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:07 AM »
Just got my new SP along with 2 denials from my recent 3BM. Is calling recon 2 in the same day not recommended? What about doing so the same day as activating my new SP? Denials were for "too many recent requests for credit or opened accounts with us".

I'd say calling the same day is fine, might even be better if it reduces their chances of seeing your other new account(s). I don't think when you activate matters at all.

congrats

+1
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline LAXtraveler

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
Update: Just got off the phone. Approved on the spot with a nice size CL for the CO OPP without moving any other cards around. When she asked for the reference number she was able to see all my pending and open cards and asked about each of them but didn't really seem to care.

Now I'm going to need to call for the United MP and then I should be all good to go.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Update: Just got off the phone. Approved on the spot with a nice size CL for the CO OPP without moving any other cards around. When she asked for the reference number she was able to see all my pending and open cards and asked about each of them but didn't really seem to care.

Now I'm going to need to call for the United MP and then I should be all good to go.
On the phone with them right now. When I gave ref# the first thing he asked was also "Why 3 apps?" so I said for sign-ups.
1 approved. Now on hold waiting for #2.

BTW. He said the only reason why I wasn't approved instantly (I have 767 fico) is 3 apps at the same time
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage, DL Skymiles, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis Preferred, National Executive, Hertz #1 Club Gold
« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
On the phone with them right now. When I gave ref# the first thing he asked was also "Why 3 apps?" so I said for sign-ups.
1 approved. Now on hold waiting for #2.

BTW. He said the only reason why I wasn't approved instantly (I have 767 fico) is 3 apps at the same time

They didn't seem to care it was 3 apps, just mentioned it to me. ("I see you have the new SP, plus OPP, plus MP...")

You think I should have tried getting both approved from the same rep? Maybe that was a mistake.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
They didn't seem to care it was 3 apps, just mentioned it to me. ("I see you have the new SP, plus OPP, plus MP...")

You think I should have tried getting both approved from the same rep? Maybe that was a mistake.
Dunno. All 3 were declined by me. He asked me which I want first, put me on hold for 5 min. Came back and said I can do only one more, which one? Came back 5 min later and said approved, and he can't do another one for another 30 days.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
Dunno. All 3 were declined by me. He asked me which I want first, put me on hold for 5 min. Came back and said I can do only one more, which one? Came back 5 min later and said approved, and he can't do another one for another 30 days.

Crazy how different the reps can be. I got my wife approved for both the SP and Freedom on the same call.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
Crazy how different the reps can be. I got my wife approved for both the SP and Freedom on the same call.
I got 2 on the same call. That's what I wrote. He said he couldn't do the 3rd within 30 days

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2011, 12:51:14 PM »
Ah, missed the word "more" in your reply.

Dunno. All 3 were declined by me. He asked me which I want first, put me on hold for 5 min. Came back and said I can do only one [more], which one? Came back 5 min later and said approved, and he can't do another one for another 30 days.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline LAXtraveler

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
FINAL UPDATE: Approved... SP, CO and MP - 150k here we come!

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2011, 02:16:52 PM »
Hi there, I was declined for the UA & Sapphire Pref., i called reconsideration -to no success, i now tried a second time and she told me I'd have to close my BA if i want to get approved (i dont really care much for that card) but they would take my points away from that card (over 100k points).
So my question is, will they really take away my points?  Is it an empty promise?  Are they able to?  Should i go ahead with this?
I dont want to lose 100k BA points! 

I'd really appreciate if somebody can assist me, asap.

Also, after i take care of this, how would i go about getting approved for the Sapphire? no more cards i can close..

Thanks in advance

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
If the points are already in your BA account, you have a very good chance that they'll stay there.

I haven't heard of a case where they took them back. Someone will CMIIW.

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »
Hi there, I was declined for the UA & Sapphire Pref., i called reconsideration -to no success, i now tried a second time and she told me I'd have to close my BA if i want to get approved (i dont really care much for that card) but they would take my points away from that card (over 100k points).
So my question is, will they really take away my points?  Is it an empty promise?  Are they able to?  Should i go ahead with this?
I dont want to lose 100k BA points! 

I'd really appreciate if somebody can assist me, asap.

Also, after i take care of this, how would i go about getting approved for the Sapphire? no more cards i can close..

Thanks in advance

If the points are already in your BA account, you have a very good chance that they'll stay there.

I haven't heard of a case where they took them back. Someone will CMIIW.

Thanks!  It's quite a big risk for me to take, as 100k+ miles is quite a bit for me, but i guess i'll experiment..

Anybody out there with any such experience?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
Me :)

I cancelled it after a few months (I think it was no more than 4), and I kept my miles.

I am sure countless others have done so as well.

If yours is older than 6 months I highly doubt you have anything (read: clawback) to worry about.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2011, 03:43:10 PM »
Me :)

I cancelled it after a few months (I think it was no more than 4), and I kept my miles.

I am sure countless others have done so as well.

If yours is older than 6 months I highly doubt you have anything (read: clawback) to worry about.
Clawback is if you return the items you bought. Once it's in an airline/hotel account, they wont take it back unless there is a very good reason (not canceling a card)

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
hey did a 3BM for my wife and got declined on all 3 apps. they had me fax id verification and now i called and was told declined for limited credit because her other cards were only opened within the year. so she tried looked into it again and again she said sorry limited credit. any ideas should i give up on this?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »
Clawback is if you return the items you bought. Once it's in an airline/hotel account, they wont take it back unless there is a very good reason (not canceling a card)

You sure about that? :)

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
I was just told by a recon agent, that they don't look anymore on the score, when approving a card, just the credit history.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »
I was just told by a recon agent, that they don't look anymore on the score, when approving a card, just the credit history.

I don't know about everyone else, but, to me, that makes perfect sense.