Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2397145 times)

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #10720 on: November 23, 2016, 02:11:40 AM »
Wait until it falls off. Even if you miss the 2016 travel credit, you can just get it in 2018 and you may get an auto approval if you're under 5/24.

That's sound advice. That said, best to apply 11/29 or wait until deep in December? If approved on 11/29 and the first statement closes, say, on 1/2/17, then it'll be difficult to get the 2018 credit.

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: November 23, 2016, 02:13:57 AM »
That's sound advice. That said, best to apply 11/29 or wait until deep in December? If approved on 11/29 and the first statement closes, say, on 1/2/17, then it'll be difficult to get the 2018 credit.
That's up to you as to how quickly you can get the credit after receiving the card. You may not get approved right away though so if you're worried about it I would say wait.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #10722 on: November 23, 2016, 02:17:11 AM »
If you wait until too close to the end of the year you're likely to miss $300 in 2016. If you apply immediately in January then you may miss it in 2018. Probably a good idea to give yourself a buffer zone.

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #10723 on: November 23, 2016, 02:18:54 AM »
Any ideas on what reasons I can give, why I never filed taxes for my "business" the past 2 years ?
If you didn't earn $400 net in a single year. I don't know how favorably a CC company will look at extending credit in such a case though.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 02:23:29 AM by Jack out of the box »

Offline Gets

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
I just did a 3bm. Rep said denied since did more than one at a time. Any advice?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10725 on: November 23, 2016, 03:20:31 PM »
I just did a 3bm. Rep said denied since did more than one at a time. Any advice?
HUCA
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: November 23, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »
HUCA untill you get 3
keep in mind you will probably only get one at a time

Offline INTELLIGENTBLONDE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: November 23, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »
 applied for spouse and got denied chase sapphire reserve because of 5/24. i explained that 5 are a/u's he wasnt responsible for. so technically only 2/24. rep checked and agreed. rep told me she can only approve a credit limit of $5k and min for this card is $10k so she didnt approve it. this would be his first chase card so theres nowhere to transfer cl from :( they said other cards that he IS responsible for have too low of a cl.. and if he would be responsible for the a/u cards he would get approved.. because they would see he can handle a higher cl. any advice? (i HUCA'd, got the same answer. and i will continue to HUCA) thanks

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: November 23, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
applied for spouse and got denied chase sapphire reserve because of 5/24. i explained that 5 are a/u's he wasnt responsible for. so technically only 2/24. rep checked and agreed. rep told me she can only approve a credit limit of $5k and min for this card is $10k so she didnt approve it. this would be his first chase card so theres nowhere to transfer cl from :( they said other cards that he IS responsible for have too low of a cl.. and if he would be responsible for the a/u cards he would get approved.. because they would see he can handle a higher cl. any advice? (i HUCA'd, got the same answer. and i will continue to HUCA) thanks
Keep HUCAing, you can always tell them that he's only responsible for the cards with the highest CL.

Offline INTELLIGENTBLONDE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: November 23, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
Keep HUCAing, you can always tell them that he's only responsible for the cards with the highest CL.

they said they have it on recorded line that hes not responsible for any of them..

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: November 23, 2016, 08:06:25 PM »
Just got a rep to put my IP through for a second reconsideration from a senior lending agent with a recommendation to approve. Any reason to keep calling or wait until Friday?

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: November 24, 2016, 02:51:47 AM »

This is probably a waste of time. It's very rare for Chase to give someone their highest CL. Need to get a $10,000 or higher CL elsewhere and then try again.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #10732 on: November 24, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »
This is probably a waste of time. It's very rare for Chase to give someone their highest CL. Need to get a $10,000 or higher CL elsewhere and then try again.
Huh? I think you're missing something.
Also, my highest CL's are from chase and they were 3x what I had from elsewhere when I got them.

Offline davidtron

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: November 24, 2016, 12:24:58 PM »
I had a only a  capital one journey for about a year , upon randomly visiting a chase branch they told me i was pre-approved for the chase reserve. Therefore i assumed that having a low credit cc for a year would likely suffice to get approved for the sapphire reserve . so i went and applied my wife for the reserve, as she has had the chase freedom for about a year . the response was "not enough accounts open for long enough'. So i called to  reconsider and still got the same response . My question is does this go into the category of HUCA or there is no hope with such limited credit?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: November 24, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
I had a only a  capital one journey for about a year , upon randomly visiting a chase branch they told me i was pre-approved for the chase reserve. Therefore i assumed that having a low credit cc for a year would likely suffice to get approved for the sapphire reserve . so i went and applied my wife for the reserve, as she has had the chase freedom for about a year . the response was "not enough accounts open for long enough'. So i called to  reconsider and still got the same response . My question is does this go into the category of HUCA or there is no hope with such limited credit?
Always HUCA, you have nothing to lose. You're assumption was wrong btw, pre-approvals are totally different.

Offline Traveller

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:35 PM »
Does anyone know if there is no such thing as instant approval on Thanksgiving?

Could there be any disadvantage of calling recon before you even know the status for chase personal cards?

When you call the numbers in the wiki to check the status of am application is it a recording or do you reach a live representative?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: November 24, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »
Does anyone know if there is no such thing as instant approval on Thanksgiving?

Could there be any disadvantage of calling recon before you even know the status for chase personal cards?

When you call the numbers in the wiki to check the status of am application is it a recording or do you reach a live representative?
IIRC recon is closed today. Status line is automated.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: November 24, 2016, 11:05:31 PM »
Huh? I think you're missing something.
Also, my highest CL's are from chase and they were 3x what I had from elsewhere when I got them.

I'm not missing anything. It's common knowledge that it's rare for Chase to give someone with a thin credit profile his or her highest CL, especially when such a limit would double the person's current highest CL.

As for telling Chase recon that this person is "only responsible for the AUs with the highest limit," that makes no sense on two levels. First of all, definitionally, an AU isn't responsible for charges. Secondly, if Chase doesn't like the person's credit file with the AUs listed, they won't like them more if they find out he's actually responsible for charges for which his credit report says he's *not* responsible.

"5/24 shouldn't count because those are 'only' AU cards, but he's actually responsible for those AU charges" is a self-contradictory argument.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: November 24, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »
I'm not missing anything. It's common knowledge that it's rare for Chase to give someone with a thin credit profile his or her highest CL, especially when such a limit would double the person's current highest CL.

As for telling Chase recon that this person is "only responsible for the AUs with the highest limit," that makes no sense on two levels. First of all, definitionally, an AU isn't responsible for charges. Secondly, if Chase doesn't like the person's credit file with the AUs listed, they won't like them more if they find out he's actually responsible for charges for which his credit report says he's *not* responsible.

"5/24 shouldn't count because those are 'only' AU cards, but he's actually responsible for those AU charges" is a self-contradictory argument.
You're missing the subtleties of this case, reread the OP and my response.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: November 24, 2016, 11:32:19 PM »
You're missing the subtleties of this case, reread the OP and my response.

Which "subtleties"? The guy in question would be a first-time Chase customer and he has only low limits in his name.

When the rep said "if he was responsible for the AU cards, ..." that didn't mean he could simply *claim* responsibility. The point was that if those were his own cards, he would be OK.

There's always a chance of getting lucky with a recon rep, but the odds aren't good in this case.