Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374371 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #10740 on: November 24, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
Which "subtleties"? The guy in question would be a first-time Chase customer and he has only low limits in his name.

When the rep said "if he was responsible for the AU cards," that didn't mean he could simply *claim* responsibility. The point was that if those were his own cards, he would be OK.
Exactly, tell them that they're you're cards.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline jsk173

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: November 24, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
Exactly, tell them that they're you're cards.

How would that work, exactly?

"I know it says "Authorized User" on my credit reports, but that's wrong — they're actually my cards"?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: November 24, 2016, 11:37:37 PM »
How would that work, exactly?

"I know it says "Authorized User" on my credit reports, but that's wrong — they're actually my cards"?
You're cards meaning that you're responsible for them. If the rep wants to see that he can handle a lot of credit then that should work. According to the OP, the rep would have approved him if he had claimed responsibility for the CL's on the AU's.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: November 24, 2016, 11:41:46 PM »
You're cards meaning that you're responsible for them. If the rep wants to see that he can handle a lot of credit then that should work. According to the OP, the rep would have approved him if he had claimed responsibility for the CL's on the AU's.

How does one "claim responsibility" for an account marked, on one's credit reports, as an "authorized user"?

You're simultaneously arguing that 5/24 shouldn't count because he's "only" an AU, while somehow claiming he should get credit for the AU cards' CLs. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: November 24, 2016, 11:43:18 PM »
How does one "claim responsibility" for an account marked, on one's credit reports, as an "authorized user"?
During recon, the chase reps ask you if you are responsible for the charges made to the AU's that are on your CR.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: November 24, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
During recon, the chase reps ask you if you are responsible for the charges made to the AU's that are on your CR.

They ask that as part of their general due diligence, not because answering in the affirmative bolsters the person's creditworthiness.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: November 24, 2016, 11:49:33 PM »
They ask that as part of their general due diligence, not because answering in the affirmative bolsters the person's creditworthiness.
If the rep told him that he could approve him right then if he had been responsible then I would tend to believe that. Although normally I would say DROPR, they don't always have to go to a senior lender and it could be that the rep had the power to approve him on the spot.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: November 25, 2016, 12:17:41 AM »
If the rep told him that he could approve him right then if he had been responsible then I would tend to believe that. Although normally I would say DROPR, they don't always have to go to a senior lender and it could be that the rep had the power to approve him on the spot.

People can't disclaim responsibility for cards/debt in their name. It seems unlikely that Chase recon reps are allowing people to *claim* AU accounts and then treat them as if they're actually indicative of a person's creditworthiness.

Regardless, we're back to the guy either being responsible for the AU accounts and being past 5/24, or not being responsible and being under 5/24 — but with a very thin credit profile.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: November 25, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »
Regardless, we're back to the guy either being responsible for the AU accounts and being past 5/24, or not being responsible and being under 5/24 — but with a very thin credit profile.
He said there were multiple AU's, claim responsibility for a few but not all.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: November 25, 2016, 12:42:49 AM »
He said there were multiple AU's, claim responsibility for a few but not all.

LOL. You're just throwing crap at the wall.

"I'm responsible for these two high-limit AU cards that make me look more creditworthy, but I'm totally not responsible for these other two low-limit AU cards that push me past 5/24."

Come on.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: November 25, 2016, 12:55:43 AM »
LOL. You're just throwing crap at the wall.

"I'm responsible for these two high-limit AU cards that make me look more creditworthy, but I'm totally not responsible for these other two low-limit AU cards that push me past 5/24."

Come on.
When was the last time you called chase recon? They ask you about each one, you can say either "yes I'm responsible for that cars" or "no I'm not responsible for that card."

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: November 25, 2016, 01:11:00 AM »
When was the last time you called chase recon? They ask you about each one, you can say either "yes I'm responsible for that cars" or "no I'm not responsible for that card."

They ask that for purposes of calculating 5/24 and assessing a person's indebtedness/spending habits, not so they can give people extra creditworthiness points.

"I'm responsible for these two high-limit AU cards that make me look more creditworthy, but I'm not responsible for these other two low-limit AU cards that push me past 5/24" is a silly argument.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: November 25, 2016, 01:16:56 AM »
They ask that for purposes of calculating 5/24 and assessing a person's indebtedness/spending habits, not so they can give people extra creditworthiness points.

"I'm responsible for these two high-limit AU cards that make me look more creditworthy, but I'm not responsible for these other two low-limit AU cards that push me past 5/24" is a silly argument.
I'm finished with this argument, we can agree to disagree. One last thing though, recon is a fickle beast, what you might consider a "silly" argument, may be exactly what gets you approved. There is no "exact formula" for getting recon to approve you, you listen to what they say and respond in the way you think is what they want to hear. They don't have many rules that they have to follow and many times the regular reps have the power to approve or decline you right there without sending the app to a senior lending officer.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: November 25, 2016, 01:23:50 AM »
All of that is great, but it doesn't change the fact that this woman has already called three or four times and has already told Chase that her husband *isn't* responsible for any of the AU cards, which was apparently noted on the app and quoted back to her in a subsequent call.

She can keep calling, but as I said in my initial reply, it will most likely prove to be a waste of time.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: November 25, 2016, 01:29:52 AM »
most likely prove to be a waste of time.
All it takes is to convince one agent to overlook that, don't underestimate the power of HUCA. Also SROYA.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10755 on: November 25, 2016, 02:06:41 AM »
All it takes is to convince one agent to overlook that, don't underestimate the power of HUCA. Also SROYA.

Overlook what? The fact that the person suddenly wants to claim credit for several AU cards that she earlier said were entirely someone else's responsibility?

Also, there's no "power of HUCA." One's odds of a successful recon drop with each successive recon call. Two or three tries is one thing, but if those fail, the odds of call #5 or #10 working are slim to none.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10756 on: November 25, 2016, 02:12:05 AM »
Overlook what? The fact that the person suddenly wants to claim credit for several AU cards that she earlier said were entirely someone else's responsibility?

Also, there's no "power of HUCA." One's odds of a successful recon drop with each successive recon call. Two or three tries is one thing, but if those fail, the odds of call #5 or #10 working are slim to none.
You've been completely missing the point this whole time. The OP asked a question, I gave her what I thought to be the best advice I could offer as to what she could try to do. I agree it's not an ideal situation and I never said she has a good chance of getting that approval. You haven't given any advice to anything at all, you've just been naysaying everything and making assunptions. Until you have something constructive to say, please stop saying, thank you very much.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #10757 on: November 25, 2016, 02:28:43 AM »
You've been completely missing the point this whole time. The OP asked a question, I gave her what I thought to be the best advice I could offer as to what she could try to do. I agree it's not an ideal situation and I never said she has a good chance of getting that approval. You haven't given any advice to anything at all, you've just been naysaying everything and making assunptions. Until you have something constructive to say, please stop saying, thank you very much.

LOL.

I offered advice in my very first reply: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8398.msg1602122#msg1602122

Getting a $10,000 CL elsewhere and having several of the low-limit AU cards deleted from his credit reports = the best path to a Chase CSR within the next 2-3 months.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10758 on: November 25, 2016, 03:17:19 AM »
you have a lot to learn my friend.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: November 25, 2016, 08:48:44 AM »
you have a lot to learn my friend.
Finally.