Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2399708 times)

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #440 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:22 PM »
HELP! i was declined on my wifes 3BM with chase and there telling me she has "limited credit" because all of her cards have only been opened within the year even though she has other joint accounts. any was to get an approval?

Offline Steven

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »
HELP! i was declined on my wifes 3BM with chase and there telling me she has "limited credit" because all of her cards have only been opened within the year even though she has other joint accounts. any was to get an approval?
does she have any other chase cc accnts that you can transfer a line of credit to open the new card?

Offline RANDOMONE

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 22, 2011, 02:11:32 AM »
does she have any other chase cc accnts that you can transfer a line of credit to open the new card?
  nope nothing

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
I just spoke to Chase a few hours ago about a denied app for Freedom.  I gave the usual "I always pay on time, I've been a Chase customer for a decade" etc, and she said she can try and put the app through reconsideration.  After about a minute on hold she came back and told me I'd have a decision in two weeks or less. 

Have other people had to wait this long?  I have pushed 3 other cards through over the phone in the past, and all were taken care of on the spot.  What causes such a delay?

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
Information that might be useful:

The denial was for too many recent applications or open accounts.  Since I only have two open accounts, it must be referring to my apps (two in the past six months according to the CSR - but really 5).

I did not offer to close any cards or transfer any credit lines.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2011, 06:17:22 PM »
Does anyone know what is actually going on on the other end of the phone when a rep tells you, "Hold on a moment and I'll try to have your application reconsidered"? 

I've often found that it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes for them to come back on the line with an answer and I have no idea what they did to arrive at that answer.  For instance, I had my Freedom app reconsidered on the phone today and after a minute was told I would get an answer in 2 weeks or less.  Later today I tried for the CO onepass card and after almost 3 minutes on hold I was told they can't approve because of too many credit requests this year, which is exactly why I was denied in the first place on both cards. 

If this is a result of some rigid formula, then how is it possible that a recon can ever come out different than an initial application denial?  And if it's not a straight formula but there is human input involved, can I fight this recon they just did?

One unrelated question.... has anyone ever been told they would not be able to open a new card by transferring credit off an existing account?  I'm just wondering if there are any scenarios where they wouldn't let you do that (assuming you have enough credit on other cards to spare some for the new account).

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 22, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »
Does anyone know what is actually going on on the other end of the phone when a rep tells you, "Hold on a moment and I'll try to have your application reconsidered"? 

I've often found that it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 or 3 minutes for them to come back on the line with an answer and I have no idea what they did to arrive at that answer.  For instance, I had my Freedom app reconsidered on the phone today and after a minute was told I would get an answer in 2 weeks or less.  Later today I tried for the CO onepass card and after almost 3 minutes on hold I was told they can't approve because of too many credit requests this year, which is exactly why I was denied in the first place on both cards. 

If this is a result of some rigid formula, then how is it possible that a recon can ever come out different than an initial application denial?  And if it's not a straight formula but there is human input involved, can I fight this recon they just did?

They review your app and probably have some way of summarizing your credit and other factors which they use to evaluate your app. 'Wait 2 weeks' ostensibly means it requires further review (perhaps by a supervisor?).

You can probably keep asking them to reconsider, though you'd have to make a convincing argument (i.e. ask them to consider something they didn't initially consider).

One unrelated question.... has anyone ever been told they would not be able to open a new card by transferring credit off an existing account?  I'm just wondering if there are any scenarios where they wouldn't let you do that (assuming you have enough credit on other cards to spare some for the new account).

I've been told that. This is what they usually tell people when they repeatedly deny them for too many recent inquiries and/or applications. It basically means even though we won't be extending more credit to you, we're not approving any more apps for you at this time.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 22, 2011, 06:55:41 PM »

I've been told that. This is what they usually tell people when they repeatedly deny them for too many recent inquiries and/or applications. It basically means even though we won't be extending more credit to you, we're not approving any more apps for you at this time.
+1
Happened to me, I must have called recon about 10 times to no avail.

Offline ye

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 22, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
I called them 4 times for my wife's IB app and they keep repeating that you need more extensive credit history for this account and they cannot transfer from her (10k) personal line of credit.

Any suggestions?

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »

+1
Happened to me, I must have called recon about 10 times to no avail.

YMMV?  @rd - Did you try the same recon number each time or try the other credit analyst number afterwards?  Application recon didn't like the 3 times I used that reason with them, but the credit analyst people seemed to be okay with it each time.  My denials all were for too many recent inquiries & accounts.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2011, 09:27:17 PM »
YMMV?  @rd - Did you try the same recon number each time or try the other credit analyst number afterwards?  Application recon didn't like the 3 times I used that reason with them, but the credit analyst people seemed to be okay with it each time.  My denials all were for too many recent inquiries null accounts.

I like to say recon is always YMMV, at least IMHO.

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 23, 2011, 04:14:59 AM »
YMMV?  @rd - Did you try the same recon number each time or try the other credit analyst number afterwards?  Application recon didn't like the 3 times I used that reason with them, but the credit analyst people seemed to be okay with it each time.  My denials all were for too many recent inquiries & accounts.

I tried one then the other and then back to the first. After a few days they started to get angry and told me to stop calling because nothing I say will change the fact that I'm not going to get approved. One guy did mention to me that my credit was fine it's just that I had too many recent inquiries and recent accounts with them, and I should wait 6 months and try again. However I did manage to push through a freedom app between all this.

This 6 month thing seems to hold water. I did a 3bm for my wife (for the SP, SW and freedom) just outside of 6 months of her getting CO and UA, all I had to do was shut down one of them and no problems.

As you and AsherO just said, and I would have to agree it's all YMMV.

Offline spetropo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 23, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »

Chase Denial Question - Had applied for the Sapphire Preferred and United cards.
I received 2 letters, one stated that the Sapphire was approved but with a reduction in credit on my Chase Freedom.
Just got my Sapphire today.

The other letter said that they could not approve the United Card because "not enough time has passed since your last account with us was opened"
I had called chase for another reason and asked the girl to look into this and when she looked up the reference number she said it was still in consideration.

So with that, should I wait or call the number on the denial letter? Should I tell them i can relinquish my CO card since they are merging?
Thanks
S

Edit - Called the Recon number and they told me I had way to much activity on my report so even closing the CO card or reducing credit lines would not help. She basically said to sit tight for a while.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #453 on: December 24, 2011, 06:47:25 PM »
A friend in CLE did a 2BM for CO/Sapphire.  Instant approval for Sapphire, CO was denied.  Recon denied the CO, but after telling credit analyst about the free bag benefit on the CO card it was approved.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 27, 2011, 01:00:23 PM »
Did a Chase 3BM on 12/20 - all 3 pending review. My CO annual fee hit on 12/1, so I would need to call recon for my new 3BM by 12/31 in order to use the CO closure as leverage (otherwise I'll just have to close it with nothing to show for it but 68K miles). Problem is, I didn't grab the app IDs.

How long does it typically take to get the denial letters? If I haven't gotten the letters yet by 12/31, can I call recon blindly without the app IDs, or is too risky to bring attention to all 3 at once.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:59 PM »
How long does it typically take to get the denial letters? If I haven't gotten the letters yet by 12/31, can I call recon blindly without the app IDs, or is too risky to bring attention to all 3 at once.

These days it seems even with appIDs Chase sees all your apps, anyone have recent experience to the contrary?

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 27, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
I recently applied for the CO card and the Freedom card in a 2bm, but was denied on both for too many recent applications.  I called recon for Freedom first since I thought it would be easier and good practice for the harder CO fight (I closed an active CO card 3 months ago so they keep asking why I want to open another one).  They put Freedom through a reconsideration process with a two week wait for an answer. 

Later that same day I called about the CO card and they also put it through recon, but gave me an immediate "no" for that one.  I got a letter in the mail several days later stating that the CO card was denied due to "not enough time has passed since your last account with us was opened".  Should I take that to mean that my Freedom application  was approved?  The most recent account I know I got approved for was in late July or early August.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 28, 2011, 01:52:59 PM »
Just called recon for my SW. Got it approved by moving $4K CL over from my BP (who needs $6K for gas?). The rep did mention that you can only get 2 Chase cards per 30 days. Now on to getting the United approved. The card I need to close won't show a balance of $0 til tomorrow - any harm in waiting a day between recon calls?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 28, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »
Just called recon for my SW. Got it approved by moving $4K CL over from my BP (who needs $6K for gas?). The rep did mention that you can only get 2 Chase cards per 30 days. Now on to getting the United approved. The card I need to close won't show a balance of $0 til tomorrow - any harm in waiting a day between recon calls?

You can definitely get more than 2 chase cards within 30 days. You can also close a card with a balance on it.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 28, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
You can definitely get more than 2 chase cards within 30 days. You can also close a card with a balance on it.
Not according to "Myra". She said balance must show $0 before they can close it. Clueless rep?