Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2375341 times)

Offline Mocha

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
What sort of risk?  I've done it dozens of times.
By risk I mean having them close a mileage account with miles in it because you have two open accounts.
So your saying bank don't correlate SSN's and mileage accounts at all?

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
Is there any reason I shouldn't be closing my CO in favor of the UA?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »
Just closed my CO to open UA. I'm now 4-4 on Recon, all on my 1st try.

When closing a card within the grace period to get back the annual fee, do I need to request the annual fee to be returned, or does it happen automatically?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline shuirub

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »
What's your secret.  I did the 3BM for the CO, UA and Sapphire cards for myself and got the CO and Sapphire approved right away when they called me to confirm some information.  I called both AppRecon and CreditRecon and both said I just opened 2 cards and the limit is only 2 cards within 30 days.  No go.  What do you tell them?  FYI, I don't bank with Chase so no leverage there.

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 30, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »
Weird, I only moved over $4k from my BP to open SW, and I now see they removed that $4K from BP but opened my SW with $5K.
What's your secret.
No secret at all. Just followed the guidelines laid out in these forums.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #485 on: December 30, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »
What's your secret.  I did the 3BM for the CO, UA and Sapphire cards for myself and got the CO and Sapphire approved right away when they called me to confirm some information.  I called both AppRecon and CreditRecon and both said I just opened 2 cards and the limit is only 2 cards within 30 days.  No go.  What do you tell them?  FYI, I don't bank with Chase so no leverage there.

I ran into a similar problem. I waited a couple weeks and then called the other number. Got it pushed through that way.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 30, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
I just aplied and got the sapphire and business Ink Bold last week, Had only freedom till now,
Do you think I can apply now for the CO or I should rather wait 30 days before i apply,
Is the business also considered by them my second card? or its only if you get 2 personla cc in 30 days?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
I just aplied and got the sapphire and business Ink Bold last week, Had only freedom till now,
Do you think I can apply now for the CO or I should rather wait 30 days before i apply,
Is the business also considered by them my second card? or its only if you get 2 personla cc in 30 days?

If you didn't apply together it'll probably count as a 3rd pull, so you should wait the 30 days.

2 card limit is for personal and biz together, not separate.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
If you didn't apply together it'll probably count as a 3rd pull, so you should wait the 30 days.

2 card limit is for personal and biz together, not separate.
Does it help if I freeze Experian? they are the only one i got pulled from.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:22 AM »
Does it help if I freeze Experian? they are the only one i got pulled from.

Freezing + multiple apps sometimes results in multiple pulls, but for one app it'll work to get Chase to pull from a different bureau. Freeze two bureaus for best results (e.g. EX and RQ). But freezing won't help with Chase's 2-approvals-per-month limit, which they don't always enforce.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #490 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »
What sort of risk?  I've done it dozens of times.
CO Fr'd

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 01, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
CO Fr'd
never heard of that.  co cant fry (they can blacklist). chase could

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 01, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »
Either one isn't cool

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #493 on: January 01, 2012, 02:13:37 PM »
u name it Fr'd blacklist

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #494 on: January 01, 2012, 02:41:28 PM »
CO Fr'd
Based on me doing it dozens of times without any consequence I don't think there's much risk.
Anyway it's not CO that would care, they still get paid, it's Chase, and I haven't had any problems there either.
B"AH.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 02, 2012, 04:07:20 PM »
So it's been over two weeks since I called recon for my Freedom and CO apps.  For whatever reason, I got TWO additional letters explaining why my CO card was denied.  The first one stated:

Not enough time has passed since your last account with chase was opened. 

The second letter came more than a week later and said that I was denied for the following:

Credit card balances grew too fast compared to credit limit/time on file.
Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit.

Let me reiterate that both of those letters are for the CO card.  That second letter makes sense because I spent about $10k on my Sapphire card last billing cycle and they just cashed my check last week, so the letter was probably sent before they got the payment.

I have heard nothing about the Freedom app so I called today (twice) to ask about it.  Both reps told me it was still pending.  I am waiting to hear about the Freedom app because I've never had a freedom card and it should be the easier of the two to push through - I'd like to get approved without moving around any credit.  I cancelled my old CO card just a few months ago so they are giving me a harder time about that application.  Once I get approved for Freedom I want to offer to move credit off my Sapphire Preferred to open a CO card, and to do that I "had" to first pay off that $10k charge on Sapphire.

I think it's rather strange that they sent me two letters of rejection when I only requested one reconsideration.  And I'm also a bit troubled by the length of time it is taking to hear back about my Freedom application.

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 03, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
I just did a chase 3BM, CO,UN,Sapphire. Got approved on the co, denied on the rest. Called recon, got a really nice girl name Aisha, she swapped some creditand approved BOTH the UN, and Sapphire.
It seemed that the reason everything went smoothly IMHO was because I have over 60k in credit with them, and (again IMHO) the fact that the CSR was female. I always prefer a Female CSR, theyre nicer  :), the men throw the book at you.
 I am going to try to do the same with my wifes 3BM, not to hopefull tho, cuz she doesnt have any previous cards with them.
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 04, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »
I just did a chase 3BM, CO,UN,Sapphire. Got approved on the co, denied on the rest. Called recon, got a really nice girl name Aisha, she swapped some creditand approved BOTH the UN, and Sapphire.
It seemed that the reason everything went smoothly IMHO was because I have over 60k in credit with them, and (again IMHO) the fact that the CSR was female. I always prefer a Female CSR, theyre nicer  :), the men throw the book at you.
 I am going to try to do the same with my wifes 3BM, not to hopefull tho, cuz she doesnt have any previous cards with them.
Let me know if they will approve you wife without recon, becuz i wanna do the same with my wife, she also has no cards with Chase so far.

Offline Mocha

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
It seemed that the reason everything went smoothly IMHO was because I have over 60k in credit with them.
Be careful there buddy...some people with high credit lines seem to be flagged as risky and are having their accounts closed.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=11216.0

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 04, 2012, 02:37:37 PM »
Be careful there buddy...some people with high credit lines seem to be flagged as risky and are having their accounts closed.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=11216.0
What do you think they consider a high CL? I'm currently at about $60K.