Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2400573 times)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #11040 on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:05 PM »
what does this mean?

Thanks for applying.

We need to review your application a little longer.

We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. If we approve your application, you'll receive your card in the mail in 7-10 business days. Please don't resubmit your application.

Thanks for choosing Chase Ink Business PreferredSM.

Offline sruliL

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
    • My Photos
« Reply #11041 on: January 04, 2017, 06:42:38 PM »
Been trying to get CSR for a couple months now. I tried in November but they said it was too close to when I opened my CSP (September) and they couldn't extend me any more credit. I waited two months and tried now and got application pending. I called recon and they said I was declined. I asked them to take a second look but still got declined because my credit history is too short and "my credit profile does not allow for the minimum credit limit of 10k". I HUCA'd a few times but they are adamant, plus they have on record that I already went through recon so whenever I HUCA they look up my account and say "we already spoke with you...". I asked about moving credit from my CSP but they said that it wasn't possible at this point.
Any ideas for getting approved?
Life's not about doing things good, its about doing good things.

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: January 05, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »
Chase Recon. Rep "We have denied your application due to too many credit cards opened in the past year, and there is no reconsideration for this..."
Me "Well, I don't believe they are all mine, it's possible it's my husband's and you're looking at authorized user accounts..."
Rep "OK... So you're saying the Amex card with $8,000 credit line is your husbands?"
Me: "Sure!"
Rep: A couple of more questions....
After a 5 minute wait hold....
Rep: Ok, so I'm recommending an approval based on the info. you provided, please keep in mind this app. will still be reviewed by a Senior lending rep. and you should get a response with our decision in 1-2 weeks"

Hope it pulls through!...
Chaya L.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: January 05, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »
Just called Application status line, "You will be notified with our decision within 30 days.." What does that mean? It's not in the Wiki...
Chaya L.

Offline shulem92

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: January 05, 2017, 01:05:55 PM »
Just called Application status line, "You will be notified with our decision within 30 days.." What does that mean? It's not in the Wiki...
U gotta wait till the senior lender reviews it probably before you will get an update

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: January 05, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
U gotta wait till the senior lender reviews it probably before you will get an update
I have been approved!! ;D Ye Ye I know I have no patience.. Now gotta call for hubs approval, he's got way more cards than me, definitely over 5/24... Wish me luck!
Chaya L.

Offline shulem92

• View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: January 05, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »
I have been approved!! ;D Ye Ye I know I have no patience.. Now gotta call for hubs approval, he's got way more cards than me, definitely over 5/24... Wish me luck!
Congrats. What was your real number?

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #11047 on: January 05, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
Chase Recon. Rep "We have denied your application due to too many credit cards opened in the past year, and there is no reconsideration for this..."
Me "Well, I don't believe they are all mine, it's possible it's my husband's and you're looking at authorized user accounts..."
Rep "OK... So you're saying the Amex card with $8,000 credit line is your husbands?"
Me: "Sure!"
Rep: A couple of more questions....
After a 5 minute wait hold....
Rep: Ok, so I'm recommending an approval based on the info. you provided, please keep in mind this app. will still be reviewed by a Senior lending rep. and you should get a response with our decision in 1-2 weeks"

Hope it pulls through!...
what did you do to rush the decision?

Offline mdrills

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #11048 on: January 05, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »
Just heard "you will get your response within 7-10 business days" which according to the WIKI means its been declined.
Do I call yet to hear what the recon dept has to say (Im within 5/24) or do i still wait?

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: January 05, 2017, 05:23:54 PM »
what did you do to rush the decision?
Nothing! Just called the Chase status line hr. after my recon. call
Chaya L.

Offline chayal101

• View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: January 05, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
Just heard "you will get your response within 7-10 business days" which according to the WIKI means its been declined.
Do I call yet to hear what the recon dept has to say (Im within 5/24) or do i still wait?
You should call. Good Luck!
Chaya L.

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: January 06, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »
My wife applied for both Chase Southwest personal cards using the MBM method, and was rejected for both (officially, we will get a written reply within 7-10 days).

I am not sure of my wife's credit, but she has no credit cards of her own (although she is an AU on a few of mine), so it's safe to assume that she has little to no credit (but not bad credit).

However, I have 5 Chase credit cards of my own, all in very good standing, and we have a checking and savings account in a Citi bank account. Do I have a chance at a succesful reconsideration? Any recommended strategies or talking points?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #11052 on: January 06, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »
My wife applied for both Chase Southwest personal cards using the MBM method, and was rejected for both (officially, we will get a written reply within 7-10 days).

I am not sure of my wife's credit, but she has no credit cards of her own (although she is an AU on a few of mine), so it's safe to assume that she has little to no credit (but not bad credit).

However, I have 5 Chase credit cards of my own, all in very good standing, and we have a checking and savings account in a Citi bank account. Do I have a chance at a succesful reconsideration? Any recommended strategies or talking points?
look at your wife's report so you can see what her score is and what is on her report to get a better feel.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: January 06, 2017, 11:17:14 AM »
Nothing! Just called the Chase status line hr. after my recon. call
nice I called as well and it said approved! Finally getting a CSR in my house (it's for my wife) so happy! I'm surprised they didn't send an email saying I was approved

Offline mdrills

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #11054 on: January 06, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »
You should call. Good Luck!
any reason to wait a little before calling?
There are differing opinions on whether to call soon after applying or to wait 2-3 weeks.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11055 on: January 06, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »
look at your wife's report so you can see what her score is and what is on her report to get a better feel.

If I look at her report, won't that lower it?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11056 on: January 06, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
If I look at her report, won't that lower it?
No
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11057 on: January 06, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
No

Is there any way to see it for free?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11058 on: January 06, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
Is there any way to see it for free?
To see her report use credit karma for TU and EQ and the experian app for EX. To see her actually fico score use creditscorecard.com, the score that CK gives you is a fako score (ie. not real.)
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11059 on: January 06, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
To see her report use credit karma for TU and EQ and the experian app for EX. To see her actually fico score use creditscorecard.com, the score that CK gives you is a fako score (ie. not real.)

Thanks. I'll check it out. But for now, is there any way that I can act as my wife's guarantor or pass over any of my credit to her so that she will be approved?