Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2399722 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #11060 on: January 06, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
Thanks. I'll check it out. But for now, is there any way that I can act as my wife's guarantor or pass over any of my credit to her so that she will be approved?
No but you may very well be able to get recon to approve her.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: January 06, 2017, 04:17:55 PM »
My wife is currently 8/24 but 4 of those will fall off on 3/31, so she'll be 4/24 on 4/1. We want the Southwest CP so she would like to apply for the Chase SWA personal and business cards. Applying for just one of those cards will put her at 5/24, but what if she applies for them one immediately after the other?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #11062 on: January 06, 2017, 04:24:40 PM »
My wife is currently 8/24 but 4 of those will fall off on 3/31, so she'll be 4/24 on 4/1. We want the Southwest CP so she would like to apply for the Chase SWA personal and business cards. Applying for just one of those cards will put her at 5/24, but what if she applies for them one immediately after the other?
You should be able to get 2 at the same time. Obviously YMMV but it's been done many times.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: January 06, 2017, 05:00:15 PM »
You should be able to get 2 at the same time. Obviously YMMV but it's been done many times.

So Chase won't count approved applications that same day? What about if I apply for an AMEX minutes earlier?

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: January 06, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
My wife applied for both Chase Southwest personal cards using the MBM method, and was rejected for both (officially, we will get a written reply within 7-10 days).

I am not sure of my wife's credit, but she has no credit cards of her own (although she is an AU on a few of mine), so it's safe to assume that she has little to no credit (but not bad credit).

If you added her as an AU to five or more cards within the past two years, she's in violation of Chase's so-called "5/24" rule (i.e., five or more cards in the past 24 months) and might have been rejected for that alone.

If she literally has no credit accounts of her own, she's probably going to have a hard time getting approved for one $5,000 Chase card, let alone two. (I believe the Southwest cards have a $5,000 minimum credit limit; not positive.)

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: January 07, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
If you added her as an AU to five or more cards within the past two years, she's in violation of Chase's so-called "5/24" rule (i.e., five or more cards in the past 24 months) and might have been rejected for that alone.

If she literally has no credit accounts of her own, she's probably going to have a hard time getting approved for one $5,000 Chase card, let alone two. (I believe the Southwest cards have a $5,000 minimum credit limit; not positive.)

I will call the reconsideration line and report back. It's definitely not a 5/24 issue because she is only an AU for one of my cards. I'll ask to start her off with a lower line of credit.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #11066 on: January 07, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
I will call the reconsideration line and report back. It's definitely not a 5/24 issue because she is only an AU for one of my cards. I'll ask to start her off with a lower line of credit.
Don't ask for that, just try to get it approved, keep pushing, only use that as a last resort.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: January 07, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
Don't ask for that, just try to get it approved, keep pushing, only use that as a last resort.

What's the harm in asking for that? What other options do I have that would make them change their minds?

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: January 08, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »
What's the harm in asking for that? What other options do I have that would make them change their minds?

If it was simply a matter of offering a lower credit limit, Chase would have done that — and many Chase cards have a minimum credit limit of $5,000, so often there's only so low they can go.

If the only thing on your wife's credit reports is a single AU account, you're probably going to have a hard time getting a Chase recon rep to give her a $5,000 credit limit.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11069 on: January 08, 2017, 12:13:01 AM »
If it was simply a matter of offering a lower credit limit, Chase would have done that — and many Chase cards have a minimum credit limit of $5,000, so often there's only so low they can go.

If the only thing on your wife's credit reports is a single AU account, you're probably going to have a hard time getting a Chase recon rep to give her a $5,000 credit limit.

Update: I was able to get her approved for only one of the two SW cards. I offered to serve as a guarantor or accept a lower credit limit, but they approved her without having to do any of that. I don't know what the credit limit will be, but I imagine $5k. They did ask me to fax them a copy of her drivers license since she has no credit whatsoever, and therefore no record at all. I need both cards though to qualify for the CP, so after spending and paying a few thousand on this card, I'll call and ask for reconsideration on the other card.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #11070 on: January 08, 2017, 02:12:54 AM »
The one AU card is literally the only thing on her credit reports? Not even any old, closed accounts?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: January 08, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »
The one AU card is literally the only thing on her credit reports? Not even any old, closed accounts?

AFAIK, nothing else. Even the Chase rep told me that she has no credit. FWIW, I have good credit and so do her parents, I'd imagine. But IDK is that helps, or if they even see that information.

Offline jsk173

• View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: January 08, 2017, 09:14:40 PM »
None of that matters. All that matters is what's on her credit reports.

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: January 10, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »
Anyone want to try to get me a CRS for $100? I'm at 5 (and am on a bunch of authorized users).. I've HUCA'd and am totally burned out..

Offline mdrills

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
« Reply #11074 on: January 10, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »
applied for CSR last night. Got pending (as usual...dont remember the last card i got without a pending)
Is there a reason to wait before calling recon or should I just be calling now?
I just got rejected for SW due to getting the bonus within 24 months.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
Anyone want to try to get me a CRS for $100? I'm at 5 (and am on a bunch of authorized users).. I've HUCA'd and am totally burned out..

How does this work?

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #11076 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:24 PM »
applied for CSR last night. Got pending (as usual...dont remember the last card i got without a pending)
Is there a reason to wait before calling recon or should I just be calling now?
I just got rejected for SW due to getting the bonus within 24 months.

you can call right away...
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:46 PM »
None of that matters. All that matters is what's on her credit reports.
She has no CR.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #11078 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:59 PM »

when did you apply last ?
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline YankelTodres

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: January 10, 2017, 05:35:21 PM »
Hi all -

Here goes my experience with the Chase recon team, but first a little background is called for. I'm relatively new to the game, only have two cards (BofA CashRewards ($1500) and AMEX Delta ($2000). The BofA card is 8 months old and the AMEX 5 months old. My credit score based on CreditKarma and FICO score from BofA is around 710-715. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve (and Chase Sapphire Preferred at the same time) and received "This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision", essentially a decline. I called recon line the next day and was told that my credit history is too short and that I cannot be approved for that card. I called again today, spoke to a somewhat hostile agent, and was told the same thing.

Is there any hope for approval? What is considered a sufficient credit history length? Seems I have no choice but to wait and apply again but wouldn't want to wait too long nor apply again too soon. Any advice on how to proceed, what to apply for in the interim or how long to wait would be appreciated.

Thanks!