Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374706 times)

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #500 on: January 04, 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
Be careful there buddy...some people with high credit lines seem to be flagged as risky and are having their accounts closed.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=11216.0
Thanks for the tip. I actually use the credit and pay it off all the time, so I dont think they will have a problem with me, But I will try to "tread lightly"
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
Let me know if they will approve you wife without recon, becuz i wanna do the same with my wife, she also has no cards with Chase so far.
Ill keep you posted. I am waiting for her card to come in the mail first.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 05, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
I just did a chase 3BM, CO,UN,Sapphire. Got approved on the co, denied on the rest. Called recon, got a really nice girl name Aisha, she swapped some creditand approved BOTH the UN, and Sapphire.
It seemed that the reason everything went smoothly IMHO was because I have over 60k in credit with them, and (again IMHO) the fact that the CSR was female. I always prefer a Female CSR, theyre nicer  :), the men throw the book at you.
 I am going to try to do the same with my wifes 3BM, not to hopefull tho, cuz she doesnt have any previous cards with them.

Did the same 3BM last week, was also approved only for the CO. When I called today, he said that they only approve 2 in 30 days, so I took the UA. Now I'm going to call back and hope to get a woman to push through my SP.

Offline Wolf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »
Ill keep you posted. I am waiting for her card to come in the mail first.
Thought you didnt apply for her yet, you said she has no chase cards and you want to do a 3bm.

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 05, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »
Did the same 3BM last week, was also approved only for the CO. When I called today, he said that they only approve 2 in 30 days, so I took the UA. Now I'm going to call back and hope to get a woman to push through my SP.
+1

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 05, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »
Nashim Daytin Kallos!

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 05, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
Final update for those who are interested:

Chase Freedom:  Called recon 3 times because app was listed as pending for 3 weeks.  Each time I was told to wait longer.  On the final call the rep said she could try to get an answer for me while I waited.  So I waited.  Then she offered to open the card if I transferred some credit off my Sapphire card, which I did (just the minimum to open the Freedom card - $500).

Chase CO Mastercard:  Called recon at least 5 times (alternated between the two phone numbers and waited days in between calls), got approved on the last time by moving credit over.

That brings my total to 4 chase cards....all of which were opened in the past 12 months :)  I have also shut down two or three chase cards in the past two years.

What I've learned:

After you've called recon 10 or 15 times (I think I've called closer to 20 times in the past two years), you can trust your first impression of the CSR.  I knew within 15 seconds if I was getting a denial on the last few calls.  I also agree with the sentiment that men are much less likely to get your app approved.

And I would add that anyone who answers your call by saying "Hello do you have a reference number...." will probably be harder to work with than one who says "Good morning, my name is Plonit, how can I help you today?" (I'm speaking in generalities of course)

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 05, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »
From your "plonit" comment, can I assume that women where easier to deal with?

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 05, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »
From your "plonit" comment, can I assume that women where easier to deal with?

You don't have to assume.  I stated it earlier in the post :)

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #509 on: January 05, 2012, 06:30:36 PM »
i applied for my wife in Nov for 7 cards now all are approved
did a 3BM with chase UA, CO, Marriott 50K, (also did a 2BM in June and all approved) all E's was frozen the CO, approved with first call he told if i want only a 5k CL he can do it with out moving CL UA approved with Moving 1K Marriott approved with closing BA so now 6 open chase cards UA,CO,FREEDOM,MARRIOT, HYATT,SP,  after unfreezing the E's applied for citi TYP 50k HH 40k both approved on the spot and also did Amex SPG, HH Surpass 70k
6 cards thru Dans link one thru offer got in email

p.s. got SM that they will update the CO, and UA, to 50K

Offline Armadillo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration - closing account to open account - TWICE!
« Reply #510 on: January 05, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
I 2bm applied for a final? continental and a priority club card. I already have a United (Nov), British (May) and Sapphire preferred (Nov) open. I called recon and I was told b/c of all the credit inquiries on my experian chase/amex/barclay's they can't reconsider or move credit. Explaining why they were all necessary didn't help. The only way is to close an account and even then that will only help for one application. I had her close the ba and open the continental. I called back a minute later and got the second card opened the same way - I closed my BA card AGAIN! Obviously the system wasn't updated so fast - worth keeping in mind.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #511 on: January 05, 2012, 10:03:44 PM »
I 2bm applied for a final? continental and a priority club card. I already have a United (Nov), British (May) and Sapphire preferred (Nov) open. I called recon and I was told b/c of all the credit inquiries on my experian chase/amex/barclay's they can't reconsider or move credit. Explaining why they were all necessary didn't help. The only way is to close an account and even then that will only help for one application. I had her close the ba and open the continental. I called back a minute later and got the second card opened the same way - I closed my BA card AGAIN! Obviously the system wasn't updated so fast - worth keeping in mind.

Awe. Some.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #512 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
Wow!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Armadillo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 05, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
Did a 3 Browser Method with Chase, Got the WEIRDEST response!
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2012, 12:23:03 AM »
The following is a follow up from this thread just didn't want to divert the topic there...

So, I did the 3 browser method and got the following answers (all different):

Ink Bold: They ask for supporting documents to show that I'm a legit business.
Continental: Too many requests for credit.
Sapphire Credit report shows delinquency or past due balances(!!).

As soon as I got the Sapphire response I quickly checked my credit report and, indeed, I had a negative account from some collection agency for $270 that I unknowingly defaulted on (for more details on the story check this thread. Needless to say I am working to rectify the situation with the negative account.

My questions are:
1)Curious, if I had a negative account, how come Ink and Continental didn't right away answer the same thing as Sappire?

2)Can I still call recon/mail in documents for IB and CO, or being that I, albeit momentarily, have a negative account recon will see that right away and deny me?

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Did a 3 Browser Method with Chase, Got the WEIRDEST response!
« Reply #515 on: January 06, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
The following is a follow up from this thread just didn't want to divert the topic there...

So, I did the 3 browser method and got the following answers (all different):

Ink Bold: They ask for supporting documents to show that I'm a legit business.
Continental: Too many requests for credit.
Sapphire Credit report shows delinquency or past due balances(!!).

As soon as I got the Sapphire response I quickly checked my credit report and, indeed, I had a negative account from some collection agency for $270 that I unknowingly defaulted on (for more details on the story check this thread. Needless to say I am working to rectify the situation with the negative account.

My questions are:
1)Curious, if I had a negative account, how come Ink and Continental didn't right away answer the same thing as Sappire?

2)Can I still call recon/mail in documents for IB and CO, or being that I, albeit momentarily, have a negative account recon will see that right away and deny me?

No need to start a new thread, this could have been in one of then many 3bm threads which we already have.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 06, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »
This thread is not about the 3BM although it mentions 3BM, thank you.

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:43 AM »
Quick thinking....Nice!

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 06, 2012, 12:34:25 AM »
This thread is not about the 3BM although it mentions 3BM, thank you.
so then put in chase recon >:(

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 06, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
so then put in chase recon >:(
OK, now can you please give me some advice?
Thanks in advance.