Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374270 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #11280 on: February 02, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »
will HUCA on a declined amex trigger an FR especially now that i got chase AAed and my personal credit history is not that long??????? (in short my credit history is bad)
No reason it should trigger an FR.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #11281 on: February 02, 2017, 04:03:30 AM »
will HUCA on a declined amex trigger an FR especially now that i got chase AAed and my personal credit history is not that long??????? (in short my credit history is bad)
wrong thread but does your chase AA show on the report that Amex pulled for you? If not than they can't see it

Why were you AAd?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: February 02, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
It's always worth it, sometimes it can take 10 calls.
On with them now, tried telling them I opened cards with amex but am not satisfied as my banking is not connected the way it would be with chase...I guess well see
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: February 02, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »
On with them now, tried telling them I opened cards with amex but am not satisfied as my banking is not connected the way it would be with chase...I guess well see
I literally had only one card open with chase before applying for 2 SW cards (personal & biz) yet for some reason they declined both. After 5 HUCAs got the personal approved(finally!) They keep giving me different reasons for declining the business card, Maximum credit allotted, not enough business history, to many inquiries for cards in a short time span (#3 in 3 months) Anyone have any advice aside from keep HUCAing?

Offline @jack123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: February 02, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
anyone know if they've been anymore lenient on 5/24 for ink cards than for others? got nowhere despite many many huca's on a sapphire; is there any point in applying for ink preferred?

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: February 02, 2017, 02:28:26 PM »
I literally had only one card open with chase before applying for 2 SW cards (personal & biz) yet for some reason they declined both. After 5 HUCAs got the personal approved(finally!) They keep giving me different reasons for declining the business card, Maximum credit allotted, not enough business history, to many inquiries for cards in a short time span (#3 in 3 months) Anyone have any advice aside from keep HUCAing?
i had the same thing, what i realized was when you call don't tell them you know why you are declined. ..when they ask did you receive a letter say no... to me it looks like they don't see all the reasons why you're declined...on my 10th huca I did this and was approved

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: February 02, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
i had the same thing, what i realized was when you call don't tell them you know why you are declined. ..when they ask did you receive a letter say no... to me it looks like they don't see all the reasons why you're declined...on my 10th huca I did this and was approved
I don't acknowledge the letter, and don't imply that I know why i was declined...I'll just keep HUCAing!

Offline nescafe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: February 02, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
DW applied for Freedom Unlimited and Hyatt. Freedom was approved and Hyatt declined. First rep. said it was declined because she applied for both cards on the same day. HUCA!! Second rep said she was denied because her history isn't long enough

would HUCA work?
would it help if she speaks to our banker who we frequently deal with (we're CPC)?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: February 02, 2017, 11:06:12 PM »
DW applied for Freedom Unlimited and Hyatt. Freedom was approved and Hyatt declined. First rep. said it was declined because she applied for both cards on the same day. HUCA!! Second rep said she was denied because her history isn't long enough

would HUCA work?
would it help if she speaks to our banker who we frequently deal with (we're CPC)?

In your situation I would HUCA. offer to split some credit from the freedom card (I assume that is her only card?) or another card of hers.
It definitely would help to get CPC involved especially if you are legit CPC.

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: February 03, 2017, 12:01:25 AM »
In your situation I would HUCA. offer to split some credit from the freedom card (I assume that is her only card?) or another card of hers.
It definitely would help to get CPC involved especially if you are legit CPC.

She currently has the Freedom & Freedom Unlimited  (which she was just approved)
Additionally, she's an AU on my CSP & my first CC (some Capitol One card)
Asked if splitting her credit would be an option, but he said she still doesn't have long enough credit history. I'll try speaking to my CPC banker tomorrow & see if he can help
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:04:43 AM by nescafe »

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: February 03, 2017, 12:09:33 AM »
She currently has the Freedom & Freedom Unlimited  (which she was just approved)
Additionally, she's an AU on my CSP & my first CC (some Capitol One card)
Asked if splitting her credit would be an option, but he said she still doesn't have long enough credit history. I'll try speaking to my CPC banker tomorrow & see if he can help

Is she over 5/24 now after the freedom unlimited? Why did you do the freedom over the sapphire reserve?

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: February 03, 2017, 12:11:49 AM »
Is she over 5/24 now after the freedom? Why did you do the freedom over the sapphire reserve?

Have the CSR for myself. Actually wanted to get the Hyatt now and figured I'll apply for the unlimited at the same time but seems like that application came in first so she only got approved for that

nowhere close to 5/24

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: February 03, 2017, 12:16:26 AM »
Have the CSR for myself. Actually wanted to get the Hyatt now and figured I'll apply for the unlimited at the same time but seems like that application came in first so she only got approved for that

nowhere close to 5/24

Nice, make sure to plan your strategy to maximize chase cards before getting over the 5/24
CSR would make sense to go for while the sign up bonus is still high in branch IMO.

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:23 AM »
Nice, make sure to plan your strategy to maximize chase cards before getting over the 5/24
CSR would make sense to go for while the sign up bonus is still high in branch IMO.

trying to split cards between DW and myself to avoid 5/24

was considering applying for CSR for DW too but now I'll  have to rethink.....

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:01 AM »
trying to split cards between DW and myself to avoid 5/24

was considering applying for CSR for DW too but now I'll  have to rethink.....

Its a fun game planning which cards to open next  ;D

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11295 on: February 03, 2017, 12:28:05 AM »

would HUCA work?
Does she have 5k to transfer over? Because that's the minimum cl for the Hyatt card

Offline nescafe

• View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: February 03, 2017, 12:37:13 AM »
Does she have 5k to transfer over? Because that's the minimum cl for the Hyatt card
Has nice CL but they said that transferring wouldn't help

Offline keepsmiling123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UR, SPG, MR, UA
« Reply #11297 on: February 04, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »
Applied a few weeks ago for Fairmont Card (day it went dead) for both my wife and I. Got the 30 day message on both apps  and decided to wait it out. I checked her account today and saw she was approved. For me on the other hand, I saw nothing so I called status line which now said 7-10 days. I called recon which said its in verification process now and I have to call tomorrow bc they are closed now. What is Chase verification? Anyone have this w/ a 7-10 day message and been approved?

Called verification hotline, they texted me a code to read back to them, and approved!

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: February 04, 2017, 08:53:18 PM »
30 day message has meant verification for me too recently
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline @jack123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: February 05, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
anyone know if they've been anymore lenient on 5/24 for ink cards than for others? got nowhere despite many many huca's on a sapphire; is there any point in applying for ink preferred?