Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374347 times)

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #520 on: January 06, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »
 i did a Aor and the chase were not instant approval. originally when i called application status it said 2 weeks but only for 2 of the cards, couple days later they both changed to 7/10 days, but still no mention of the third card so i called recon, and apparently all my applications were put on hold b/c i mistakenly entered the wrong ssn and the ssn i entered belonged to someone that had a delinquency with chase.(however when i got the letters one said previous delinquency, one said need more info, and one said to many applications, weird)i was required to send in a copy of my ss card and proof of address. i just checked my chase account and saw that i was approved for the continental :) gonna recon the others tomorrow. so far 4/6 on that aor, hopefully will get more tomorrow.

Offline ReadsTheT&C

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 06, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
Opened SW x2 and Hyatt in November, got all the SW points and 2 Hyatt nights (+ anniversary night  ;D) and then moved the credit lines over to my BA Card and closed all three maybe 2 weeks ago.  Applied for United and Continental and I only got a rejection letter for the United for some reason.  First rep (male) I spoke to moved $3000 over from the BA credit line and opened the United card, no problem.  Second rep I spoke to (female), and I could hear it in her voice when she picked up, refused to budge saying she just 'didn't feel comfortable' especially because I'd just opened two Citi Cards recently as well.  Third rep (male) said the same thing and said he was able to see the conversation I just had and felt the same way.  Fourth rep (male) didn't question me at all and just moved $2000 over from the BA credit line to open the Continental.  Does anyone know why some reps are able to see what other reps have done/said in previous conversations and others aren't?  One of life's little mysteries.

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration - closing account to open account - TWICE!
« Reply #522 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »
Obviously the system wasn't updated so fast - worth keeping in mind.
This works when moving CL’s around also.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Shmelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 06, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Does anyone know why some reps are able to see what other reps have done/said in previous conversations and others aren't?  One of life's little mysteries.

I may not work in a bank, but there are times where I chip in to help the CS dept by my company. Being in a position of authority, I can confidently give customers free shipping, discounts, etc that one of my regular CSRs would be afraid to. I'm guessing its the same thing at any company - the more seniority/job security/higher position, the more apt they are to give it to you. That's my theory anyway.
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 06, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
@ff
you want to take care of the delinquency before reattempting. You may be able to recon once you show that its paid even if CR hasn't updated yet, not probable though. I doubt you'll be able to do any card before you have that off your CR.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
@ff
you want to take care of the delinquency before reattempting. You may be able to recon once you show that its paid even if CR hasn't updated yet, not probable though. I doubt you'll be able to do any card before you have that off your CR.
So basically you're saying that the recon people actually look into my credit report at the time of calling an do not rely on the inquiry done at the time of application?
Do I have anything to lose by calling?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #526 on: January 06, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
So basically you're saying that the recon people actually look into my credit report at the time of calling an do not rely on the inquiry done at the time of application?
Do I have anything to lose by calling?

...what makes you think that the negative isn't on the initial pull, even if they don't look at the time of calling?

Just because your denial letter didn't mention it doesn't mean it isn't there.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 06, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »
...what makes you think that the negative isn't on the initial pull, even if they don't look at the time of calling?

Just because your denial letter didn't mention it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Because it should be a "kal vachomer":
Why would they have to resort to a reason of "too many applications for credit" or (in the case of the IB) even agreing to give me the card if I show the proper documentation if there is an outright reason to say a big NO no matter what..

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #528 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »
Because it should be a "kal vachomer":

That's your first problem.

Why would they have to resort to a reason of "too many applications for credit" or (in the case of the IB) even agreing to give me the card if I show the proper documentation if there is an outright reason to say a big NO no matter what..

I certainly do not know how Chase's computer algorithms insta-evaluate applications, and I doubt you do either. Who's to say the trigger for too many recent apps isnt tripped before even evaluating what actually on your CR?

2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »
That's your first problem.

I certainly do not know how Chase's computer algorithms insta-evaluate applications, and I doubt you do either. Who's to say the trigger for too many recent apps isnt tripped before even evaluating what actually on your CR?
I got two (not one) credit inquiries from my 3BM... I would think they looked into me...

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »
I got two (not one) credit inquiries from my 3BM... I would think they looked into me...

Why does the fact that you got two (as opposed to one) inquiries have any bearing on this?

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »
Why does the fact that you got two (as opposed to one) inquiries have any bearing on this?
The fact that I got an inquiry altogether makes me believe that they looked into my CR. As a BY THE WAY, I wrote that being a 3BM and all I got 2 inquiries when supposedly it should have been just one.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »
The fact that I got an inquiry altogether makes me believe that they looked into my CR.

Ah, but you believing does not make it so.

Every time a person applies for new credit, your report gets pulled.

Whether that report is manually reviewed is something else.

As a BY THE WAY, I wrote that being a 3BM and all I got 2 inquiries when supposedly it should have been just one.

Then you need to do more research on what YMMV means.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 06, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »
Ah, but you believing does not make it so.

Every time a person applies for new credit, your report gets pulled.

Whether that report is manually reviewed is something else.

Then you need to do more research on what YMMV means.
Gotcha.
How much time do I have to call recon, I don't know how long it will take me to fix my credit issue, can I call them months down the line regarding my application? Or am I gonna have to reapply after a certain time period?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 06, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
Officially 30 days, IIRC.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »
Officially 30 days, IIRC.
Don't think I will be able to fix my CR by 30 days. Should I specifically NOT call regarding these apps and wait till credit is fixed and reapply? Or can I try to call about my current apps without causing any damage for the future?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 06, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »
Don't think I will be able to fix my CR by 30 days.

Nor do I.

Should I specifically NOT call regarding these apps and wait till credit is fixed and reapply? Or can I try to call about my current apps without causing any damage for the future?

I don't think you're going to do any harm by calling. After all, they've already done the pulls, and (presumably) won't pull again.

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 06, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
I don't think you're going to do any harm by calling. After all, they've already done the pulls, and (presumably) won't pull again.
I'm mainly referring to damaging my relationship with Chase for the future if I call now. Could that happen?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
I'm mainly referring to damaging my relationship with Chase for the future if I call now. Could that happen?

I'm failing to see the basis of your concern. Run me/us through your thought process.

Offline joey89

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
i did a Aor and the chase were not instant approval. originally when i called application status it said 2 weeks but only for 2 of the cards, couple days later they both changed to 7/10 days, but still no mention of the third card so i called recon, and apparently all my applications were put on hold b/c i mistakenly entered the wrong ssn and the ssn i entered belonged to someone that had a delinquency with chase.(however when i got the letters one said previous delinquency, one said need more info, and one said to many applications, weird)i was required to send in a copy of my ss card and proof of address. i just checked my chase account and saw that i was approved for the continental :) gonna recon the others tomorrow. so far 4/6 on that aor, hopefully will get more tomorrow.
Update: was succesful with recon for the freedom card :)