Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2375459 times)

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #11340 on: March 02, 2017, 04:45:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.  Success.  :)
Great! Did you end up transferring?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline UnstableOne

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: March 03, 2017, 03:31:29 PM »
Applied for IHG card and got denied because:
- You have too many active account or too much available credit.

Currently I have no account with Chase. FICO 781
Have anyone been able to get approval via reconsideration after being denied first for the same reason?

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: March 03, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »

Have anyone been able to get approval via reconsideration after being denied first for the same reason?
Did you apply for multiple cards with it? No reason not to try. Being that neither of the given reasons seen accurate, I'd call to get an explanation at the very least. HUCA until they give it to you.

Offline hide4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: March 03, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
Did you apply for multiple cards with it? No reason not to try. Being that neither of the given reasons seen accurate, I'd call to get an explanation at the very least. HUCA until they give it to you.
Why is it not accurate? Too many active accounts doesn't mean chase accounts. But huca anyway.

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: March 03, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
Why is it not accurate? Too many active accounts doesn't mean chase accounts. But huca anyway.
You're right. But HUCA.

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: March 07, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »

update?

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: March 07, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
financial review
isnt that only amex?!

Offline SrulyS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: March 07, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
financial review
isnt that only amex?!
Is it better to transfer credit from other cards to get an immediate approval or better to let it go into a final review and wait for possible additional credit?  I obviously don't want the headache of a financial review, yet I will be left with very little credit on each of my existing cards.  Thoughts?
He meant to say final review again.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: March 10, 2017, 09:39:53 AM »
Want to apply for a Chase card and also increase the CL on an existing card. Does it matter which one I do first in terms of the system not realizing I did it so that the next one still has a good chance of approval?

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: March 10, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
Want to apply for a Chase card and also increase the CL on an existing card. Does it matter which one I do first in terms of the system not realizing I did it so that the next one still has a good chance of approval?

why would it be any different then applying for 2 chase cards at the same time?

Offline yoshapiro

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: March 10, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
Questions -
A few days ago I applied for the Marriott business Chase Card, which is not bound to the 5/24, after applying they said it was pending review. After a long call with recon they declined the application for 2 reasons - 1) too much credit(I have 3 personal and 1 biz adding up 71k in credit) 2) too many credit cards opened up recently(not with chase).

After this converation I called up the application status number and it went from my application is under review I will here back in 30 days to 7-10 days which according to the wiki meant a denial, like they told me on the phone.

I called up again yesterday and I got a much nicer rep and after a long conversation he told me that he was able to move over 5k from my other business credit card to this credit card I just have to go through verification. So he connected to me to another guy, answered up a bunch of questions and then he told me I need to fax in m ID with the reference number and I will get a decision in 1 - 2 weeks.

So I called the application status number again and it went back to 30 days pending which sounds like a good sign. But I am just confused because the guy told me that he was able to move the credit over, why is my application pending, should I just wait this out? Should I call recon? Should I call verification?

Thanks!

Offline yoshapiro

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: March 10, 2017, 02:25:16 PM »
Questions -
A few days ago I applied for the Marriott business Chase Card, which is not bound to the 5/24, after applying they said it was pending review. After a long call with recon they declined the application for 2 reasons - 1) too much credit(I have 3 personal and 1 biz adding up 71k in credit) 2) too many credit cards opened up recently(not with chase).

After this converation I called up the application status number and it went from my application is under review I will here back in 30 days to 7-10 days which according to the wiki meant a denial, like they told me on the phone.

I called up again yesterday and I got a much nicer rep and after a long conversation he told me that he was able to move over 5k from my other business credit card to this credit card I just have to go through verification. So he connected to me to another guy, answered up a bunch of questions and then he told me I need to fax in m ID with the reference number and I will get a decision in 1 - 2 weeks.

So I called the application status number again and it went back to 30 days pending which sounds like a good sign. But I am just confused because the guy told me that he was able to move the credit over, why is my application pending, should I just wait this out? Should I call recon? Should I call verification?

Thanks!

Wow, maybe the chase reps read this forum, because I just checked my chase account and was approved! But its funny they gave me 5k credit but left the 10k credit on the other card. I guess it was better that I didn't call back! :)

Offline ariIs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: March 10, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »
Stupid question, but for 5/24 does that include 5? Meaning, if I have exactly 5 in the last 24, will they deny?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: March 10, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »
Stupid question, but for 5/24 does that include 5? Meaning, if I have exactly 5 in the last 24, will they deny?
Yes
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: March 12, 2017, 01:05:55 PM »
I just spoke to someone in recon (its Sunday so he couldn't transfer me to a supervisor), he said that I was declined for 5/24.

I told him  that I was sure I had fewer than 5 in the last 24 months and he said I had 6 (2 AMEX, 3 Chase, 1 Citi) and I knew that 1 AMEX and 1 Chase were AU's (the AMEX AU on my own account but they dont need to know that).

Is this a case of DROPR and I should call back tomorrow and hopefully get another rep or a supervisor who will say its not a problem or has Chase changed the 5/24 rule regarding AUs?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11355 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »
I just spoke to someone in recon (its Sunday so he couldn't transfer me to a supervisor), he said that I was declined for 5/24.

I told him  that I was sure I had fewer than 5 in the last 24 months and he said I had 6 (2 AMEX, 3 Chase, 1 Citi) and I knew that 1 AMEX and 1 Chase were AU's (the AMEX AU on my own account but they dont need to know that).

Is this a case of DROPR and I should call back tomorrow and hopefully get another rep or a supervisor who will say its not a problem or has Chase changed the 5/24 rule regarding AUs?

especially if you are your own AU that one will not count since its a double and for the other one say that you are not financially responsible for those cards

Offline htg123

• View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: March 15, 2017, 01:57:01 AM »
just called the application status line and was told 'you will be informed of our decision in writing within 30 days'. I haven't seen a quote like this mentioned in the wiki. Any ideas of some hidden meaning?

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: March 15, 2017, 01:57:54 AM »
just called the application status line and was told 'you will be informed of our decision in writing within 30 days'. I haven't seen a quote like this mentioned in the wiki. Any ideas of some hidden meaning?
Usually those are approved after a few days without you doing anything, you can also call recon and have it pushed through.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline htg123

• View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: March 15, 2017, 01:59:01 AM »
Usually those are approved after a few days without you doing anything, you can also call recon and have it pushed through.
thanks. that was quick  ;)

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: March 15, 2017, 01:59:21 AM »
thanks. that was quick  ;)
We have a like button