Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374673 times)

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #640 on: January 10, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
מצוה הבאה בעבירה  :o

/kidding
+1
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
Savlanut.
Update about this:
Just logged into my wife's Chase account and I can already see the CO and SP and....GET THIS... the BA was replaced by CO with the full CL (20K) and in addition I got a new 10K CL on the SP!!!!!!!!!!
Whoohoooooooooooooooooooooo.

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 11, 2012, 11:40:05 AM »
Update about this:
Just logged into my wife's Chase account and I can already see the CO and SP and....GET THIS... the BA was replaced by CO with the full CL (20K) and in addition I got a new 10K CL on the SP!!!!!!!!!!
Whoohoooooooooooooooooooooo.

Good for you!

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 11, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »
AWESOME STORY! RECON ROCKS!!!

This might be a bit long but I assure you you won't get bored:

Just a short recap: I did this 3BM and had this issue...

So I figured I'll give it a shot and half-heartedly called recon. I called about the CO card since 1)I got a pretty "neutral" response to it considering the circumstances. 2)It won't be around soon.
After asking my about my income (which I said 80K), and line of work, she proceeded to grill me about the delinquency that I have. I told her it was all a big accident and that I paid it last week (not) and that for some reason it doesn't show paid yet. She agreed to give me 5K of my 20K BA CL towards it and I just asked for her to split it in half 10K and 10K, and she approved it.
That boosted my confidence so I tried to push for the SP (the one I got the delinquency response for) on the same phonecall, first she started with excuses about giving to many new cards but after I nudged she did agree to put me on hold and see but ultimately she said they need to see some usage history before they can approve me.

My thumb went straight from the red button on my cell to the green button within a second and I was on the phone again about the SP, was told that I wrote 180K (not 80K) on my application and asked if that's still current, asked about my line of work, asked about the delinquency, repeated the same excuse.
She now offered to either close down a (very old) PC card with 5K CL and replace it with SP. I counter offered to take 5K from my BA to which she agreed...
...Than she came back on the line and said that 10K was just taken from it for the CO and since I currently have a balance of about 8-9K on the BA I don't have 5K available for the SP unless I close my PC which I didn't want to do (the 10K on CO were in "frozen" state since that was processing). I felt like kicking myself for not accepting just the "plain Jane 5K" the previous rep had offered me to move to CO!!
I asked her to extend me an additional 5K and she wouldn't budge, she mentioned all the CL I have from different banks and said Chase is one of the highest etc..
She also asked me why I didn't talk to the previous rep about the SP and I said I didn't have the ref. number handy...

When all hope seemed lost I asked to talk to a supervisor. The nicest guy came on the line and again asked me about my delinquency and what kind of payments I do on my Citi card, to which I responded that at the moment I'm just doing the minimums.
I again explained that I'm not looking for any new credit, all I want is the card and if he can just split the BA regardless of how much I owe. He put me on hold, came back on the line and said he was approving me for an additional 5K! after the 2-4 min hold he came back and said he tried to push it through but it came back "too many requests for credit" but he will try a 2nd time cause in his eyes I'm "credit worthy". And so it was that the 2nd time I was approved!!
In addition he said the card will be expedited and I should get it within 3 business days!!!
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 11, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
@ Fefferkorn, nice success story, annoying fonts notwithstanding :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
@ Fefferkorn, nice success story, annoying fonts notwithstanding :P
Who cares about the fonts after such a story!  :D

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 11, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
Who cares about the fonts after such a story!  :D

Just because you had success with Chase recon (and I applaud you for that), doesn't mean I have put up with your fonts :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 11, 2012, 06:30:59 PM »
Just because you had success with Chase recon (and I applaud you for that), doesn't mean I have put up with your fonts :P
Thank you for applauding, but I don't know much myself, I am actually grateful to you and the rest of the very helpful DDFers for all the info that was put out there and posted my story (yes, to share my excitement and also) to share my experience so maybe someone will benefit through reading my experience.

So which fonts are the annoying ones? the top and bottom lines?  8)

Offline arch

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 12, 2012, 12:52:21 AM »
Update.
My wifes 3BM wasn't as easy as mine. She was not instantly approved, but was (eventually) approved for CO. I called recon for her and got the UN approved.
The SP proved to be the hardest of the bunch. The CSR said that SHE(!) Would not approve 3 cards in 1 month. I called back and tried again twice but to no avail.
My wife then tried herself (she actually is very good with CSRs she used to run a CSR business so she knows how to politly be firm and get what she wants) she spoke to 2 CSRs and wasn't getting anywhere. She then asked for a manager who got the deal done by moving some credit around. It took a total of about 6 calls to get approved, but alls well that ends well.
My sister also just got approved for all 3 with only 1 phone call, so it really is very YMMV.

I just want to thank Dan and all the regulars for all the helpfull insights and responses. Your all doing a great job helping the mileage rookies like myself, and I really appreciate it.
Learner-Churner or Churner-Learner?

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 12, 2012, 03:42:47 PM »
GOT THE INK BOLD!!! 6 OUT OF 6!!
Woooooo(for you AsherO  :P )hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 15, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
Can anyone please help me out with the wording to SM Chase about matching my CO cc to the 50K offer? Thanks in advance!

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 15, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »
Can anyone please help me out with the wording to SM Chase about matching my CO cc to the 50K offer? Thanks in advance!
type 'Can anyone please help me out with the wording to SM Chase about matching my CO cc to the 50K offer?'  in the search box

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 15, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »
Update.
My wifes 3BM wasn't as easy as mine. She was not instantly approved, but was (eventually) approved for CO. I called recon for her and got the UN approved.
The SP proved to be the hardest of the bunch. The CSR said that SHE(!) Would not approve 3 cards in 1 month. I called back and tried again twice but to no avail.
My wife then tried herself (she actually is very good with CSRs she used to run a CSR business so she knows how to politly be firm and get what she wants) she spoke to 2 CSRs and wasn't getting anywhere. She then asked for a manager who got the deal done by moving some credit around. It took a total of about 6 calls to get approved, but alls well that ends well.
My sister also just got approved for all 3 with only 1 phone call, so it really is very YMMV.

I just want to thank Dan and all the regulars for all the helpfull insights and responses. Your all doing a great job helping the mileage rookies like myself, and I really appreciate it.
in the future do recon on saph first, its harder to get 5k app on a 3rd card than first card

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 15, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »
type 'Can anyone please help me out with the wording to SM Chase about matching my CO cc to the 50K offer?'  in the search box
Are you a N00b b'nefesh?

Offline dans fan

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 15, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #655 on: January 15, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »
Are you a N00b b'nefesh?
now thats original!

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 15, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »
now thats original!
Thanks for the compliment, can you please help me figure this out?
Thanks in advance!

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 16, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
i did the 3bm at chase today and they said they will get back to me in 10 -30 days so when do i call  Reconsideration? tia!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #658 on: January 16, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »
i did the 3bm at chase today and they said they will get back to me in 10 -30 days so when do i call  Reconsideration? tia!

Whenever you want? Some have had success waiting for a letter on the chance they may be approved without recon.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #659 on: January 16, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
i think the question was asked here and the answer is as stated there probably from the next morning