Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374507 times)

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #780 on: January 30, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »
On the fourth call (this one to the credit analysis #) they approved my Sapphire. To do this, I needed to agree to lower the limit on my old United account to 1k. Interestingly, she said she couldn't close it b/c I currently have a balance on it (from my annual fee coming due). So now I am the proud owner of 2 SW cards (1 personal, 1 biz), a Sapphire, and a United.
Now I need to call up about the AARP card in order to go 2 for 2 in this round.

That's funny because I just did that with my SW, it had the annual fee on it and I told the rep to close the card to move the full CL for a new SP. He did just that, although it did take a sm to get the fee refunded.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #781 on: January 30, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »
Back in August, froze E's, applied for Hyatt + SWA.

Pushed both through with recon and just today confirmed only one pull on TU.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #782 on: January 30, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »
Pushed both through with recon
Same phone call or diff phone call?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #783 on: January 30, 2012, 02:03:45 PM »
Same phone call or diff phone call?

Different, surprisingly.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
That's funny because I just did that with my SW, it had the annual fee on it and I told the rep to close the card to move the full CL for a new SP. He did just that, although it did take a sm to get the fee refunded.
YMMV I guess.
It seems that the reps make things up as they go along.

Online Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
Different, surprisingly.
Is it better to do it in the same call. In the call I just had, I decided to wait till a diff call since I didn't want to give one shpiel, and then introduce a much different one.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #786 on: January 30, 2012, 02:06:16 PM »
Different, surprisingly.
It just depends if the rep will do their own pull or just look at the last pull, thus the YMMV.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #787 on: January 30, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »
Is there any way of getting approved for a card that they say they are not willing to give you more credit?
(meaning i did a 3bm and they split an old cl to approve 2 of my cards saying we cant allow you more credit is there a chance i can still get the 3rd approved?)
TIA!

I keep calling recon for my 3rd card and they say they cant approve so many (a 3rd card) within 30 days.

But what they did tell me was, i was able to close one of my existing accounts (the first 2 of a 3bm) and get the new one approved.

Is it possible to wait for one of my (2 weeks old) cards to post its miles then transfer the cl to get the new one approved? or by that time the application of my 3rd card will fall of? or will i lose my milles?

Tia! really appreciate it!
sir: are you really looking to get AA'd by Chase ? especially after posting your recent experience with them?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 30, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
It just depends if the rep will do their own pull or just look at the last pull, thus the YMMV.

Or maybe even if they do multiple pulls, the CBs might consider it one pull if they're in close enough proximity.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline lcyitz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 30, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »
sir: are you really looking to get AA'd by Chase ? especially after posting your recent experience with them?

The 3bm i did was before they asked for my 1099 etc.

And it seems the reason  they sent me the 1099 etc. was like a rejection from the reconsideration, because they did approve me a day after they wrote the (1099 etc.) letter, on a different phone call.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #790 on: January 30, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
The 3bm i did was before they asked for my 1099 etc.

And it seems the reason  they sent me the 1099 etc. was like a rejection from the reconsideration, because they did approve me a day after they wrote the (1099 etc.) letter, on a different phone call.
but you state there that the account has posted already online, +you called Chase and they said it was approved,
in any case alotof luck
I'm just say'in©®

Offline lcyitz

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 30, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »
To be clear the rejected me one day and approved me the next.

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »
To be clear the rejected me one day and approved me the next.
OMG you either need to read or edit our posts, you write on jan/25 that you JUST got a letter for the 1099
then right after ou write that the account has posted 2 DAYS AGO  meaning on the 23rd
in other words you got approved on the 23rd and  received the letter on the 25th
so NO your not clear at all
I'm just say'in©®

Offline lcyitz

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 30, 2012, 07:51:18 PM »
Sorry for not being clear i will try to explain:

They rejected me one day the next day they approved me, now when they rejected me they sent out a letter letting me know in order to approve the card i will need proof of my income, in the meantime (when the letter was on the way) i got accepted.

Hope that is clear

That was card #2 of a 3bm and now the 3rd as i posted earlier:
I keep calling recon for my 3rd card and they say they cant approve so many (a 3rd card) within 30 days.

But what they did tell me was, i was able to close one of my existing accounts (the first 2 of a 3bm) and get the new one approved.

Is it possible to wait for one of my (2 weeks old) cards to post its miles then transfer the cl to get the new one approved? or by that time the application of my 3rd card will fall of? or will i lose my milles?

Tia! really appreciate it!

Offline lcyitz

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 31, 2012, 12:58:15 PM »
Will calling reconsideration many times with chase be a reason to get AA'd?

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »
Can I call them just to move limits around my accounts, not in connection to opening or closing a card? Or CS?

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
Can I call them just to move limits around my accounts, not in connection to opening or closing a card? Or CS?
you might be able to, but its probably trough another dep
I'm just say'in©®

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
Will calling reconsideration many times with chase be a reason to get AA'd?

No, not unless you've also got other real AA factors (recon isn't an AA factor AFAIK).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 02, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
Did a 2bm with the Sapphire and AARP a few weeks back. Got the Sapphire approved after multiple calls, and I now just called up for the AARP. She told me I had been declined b/c they allow a maximum of 1 card every 6 (!) months. (HA!)
The lady sounded very suspcious why I had 3 cards already approved recently (2 SW, and the Sapphire) and demanded an explanation. I gave her a good one, and her tone softened, but she told me that there had been no credit pull done for this card (b/c of the 2bm) and she wanted permission to pull it now, and that even that wouldn't guarantee anything. I told her they have it on file from my other application, but she said that wasn't enough. (Is this s/t new?)
I'm told her I would think about it a call back, and am nervous for a few reasons.
1) She'll see my 7 new cards that I opened in November, along with a bunch of others from last year, and my explanation will no longer hold water.
2) They're been cracking down on the AARP card, and I'm concerned that just applying for it may be warning flag.

Any thoughts? Should I just try to find a more sympathetic CS rep? Allow the credit pull?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 02, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »
Ugh, here we go again.
My opinion is AARP isn't worth a credit pull unless you can spend absolutely massive amounts on the card within 6 months, though HelpMe will burn me at the stake for thinking that.