Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2375389 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #820 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
To get back to the thread. Would like to share an chase recon experience. Did a 3bm back on November 4. Got united and freedom approved pretty easily but denied on the marriott card multiple times. In December I got a new denial letter from my numerous phone calls which extended the life of my application to January. Denied again in January but again received a new denial. Just called now and moved around credit and got approved without a new pull.

Only problem is she said I won't receive a sign up bonus because I have signed up for so many cards in last 6 months. I think she was just bluffing to see if I still wanted the card but we'll see
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #821 on: February 03, 2012, 01:18:14 PM »
that is pure bs

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
that is pure bs

That's what I assume as well. I figure worse comes to worst I'll just ask them to match me to a current offer.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline joann

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 06, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
Recently did a 3 BM for CO/UA/SP I got approved only for CO. When I called recon. they told me they cant do a/t because on my report I only have an AMEX Showing I recently started using it (cuz it was moved over from diff. CL)But it shows that I have it since 2009. Is it worth calling again and saying s/t like I need specificly a visa? Or does anyone have experience?

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2012, 01:24:52 PM »
SUCCESS!!

I did a 3bm for SP, SW and UA (the recent accounts that I reported getting were under my wife's name) and got denied on all for too many recent accounts because I got the freedom about 3 months ago.
3 calls to recon and 3 new accounts, it took all of 10 minutes. I called app status to get my app ids (which btw are the same thing as ref numbers) and then called recon with those numbers, no mention on any of the calls was made of the other apps and on the later ones no mention was made of the new approvals.

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »
SUCCESS!
 I called app status to get my app ids (which btw are the same thing as ref numbers)
congrats!
so they would give me a reference no. over the phone ? which Dep ?
I'm going outta my mind not getting the rejection letter yet, and reps say they have no way providing me with the app id,
I'm just say'in©®

Offline moto

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Chase 3bm
« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
I did chase 3bm with the credit cards I'm new to this thing they told me they will get back to me within 10 days and I didn't get anything anyone know what I do next???

Offline creditor

• View Profile
Re: Re: Chase 3bm
« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2012, 02:04:49 PM »
I did chase 3bm with the credit cards I'm new to this thing they told me they will get back to me within 10 days and I didn't get anything anyone know what I do next???
have you read hereor here?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2012, 03:33:53 PM »
congrats!
so they would give me a reference no. over the phone ? which Dep ?
I'm going outta my mind not getting the rejection letter yet, and reps say they have no way providing me with the app id,

Thanks.
I called app status to get my app ids (which btw are the same thing as ref numbers)

Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status) I just waited to speak to a rep and asked for my app ids.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »
Did a 2bm with the Sapphire and AARP a few weeks back. Got the Sapphire approved after multiple calls, and I now just called up for the AARP. She told me I had been declined b/c they allow a maximum of 1 card every 6 (!) months. (HA!)
The lady sounded very suspcious why I had 3 cards already approved recently (2 SW, and the Sapphire) and demanded an explanation. I gave her a good one, and her tone softened, but she told me that there had been no credit pull done for this card (b/c of the 2bm) and she wanted permission to pull it now, and that even that wouldn't guarantee anything. I told her they have it on file from my other application, but she said that wasn't enough. (Is this s/t new?)
I'm told her I would think about it a call back, and am nervous for a few reasons.
1) She'll see my 7 new cards that I opened in November, along with a bunch of others from last year, and my explanation will no longer hold water.
2) They're been cracking down on the AARP card, and I'm concerned that just applying for it may be warning flag.

Any thoughts? Should I just try to find a more sympathetic CS rep? Allow the credit pull?

Just wanted to share the good news that I was just approved for the AARP card, and didn't have to cancel my old United card. I moved CLs around to create a CL of 8,900.
Now to try to play nicely with it and not be banned

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
Just wanted to share the good news that I was just approved for the AARP card, and didn't have to cancel my old United card. I moved CLs around to create a CL of 8,900.
Now to try to play nicely with it and not be banned
Congrats. If you do not charge more that your CL in one month you should be fine.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline creditor

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 06, 2012, 05:48:28 PM »
'probably the most famous/frequent pharse on DDF'

did 2bm SP/CO OPP got approved for SP,   CO OPP said 7/10 days, called recon approved CO OPP

in my case, I was waiting for the denial letter to arrive for a while, when it didn't, I called Chase asked for the app id no.[not wanting them to see both apps by giving recon my ssn] rep said he doesn't have it, called again, samething, until today when i called and asked for the app id, she said hold the line and I was auto transferred to recon Dep who asked me the app id no. when I said I don't have it she asked my ssn, and imidiatly saw both apps, put me on hold and came back sayin to many requests for credit, [amex spg+SP in the past six! yrs]
then offered me on her own to cut to old FM cards by half from 5k  to 2.5k
while I offered cutting 1 freedom and 2.5k from the SP [10K down to 7.5K] and approved it right away

and yeh only 1 pull
I'm just say'in©®

Offline njben

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 06, 2012, 10:34:55 PM »
I did 2bm with CO and United.  Got approved for united.  Received a denial in the mail for continental.  I tried calling and transferring credit from another card and they refused.  They said I was approved for too many cards recently.  My only other card that was approved in the last few months with Chase was Sapphire in October.

Should I try calling them again?

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 06, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
I did 2bm with CO and United.  Got approved for united.  Received a denial in the mail for continental.  I tried calling and transferring credit from another card and they refused.  They said I was approved for too many cards recently.  My only other card that was approved in the last few months with Chase was Sapphire in October.

Should I try calling them again?
Yes.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Red

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 07, 2012, 06:11:18 AM »

Offline moto

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Chase no more 3bm
« Reply #835 on: February 07, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
I did 3bm and chase detected that I tried opening to many accounts so they didn't accept me?

So I guess it stoped working

Offline sky121

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase no more 3bm
« Reply #836 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:16 AM »
I did 3bm and chase detected that I tried opening to many accounts so they didn't accept me?

Didn't accept you?  Do you mean you got denied?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Chase no more 3bm
« Reply #837 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »

Let me guess:

Did you apply for three of the same card?

Did you apply in different tabs of the same browser?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline njben

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 07, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »
Thanks!
it worked!!!! 

Offline joann

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 07, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »
Recently did a 3 BM for CO/UA/SP I got approved only for CO. When I called recon. they told me they cant do a/t because on my report I only have an AMEX Showing I recently started using it (cuz it was moved over from diff. CL)But it shows that I have it since 2009. Is it worth calling again and saying s/t like I need specificly a visa? Or does anyone have experience?
Anyone?