Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374910 times)

Offline Armadillo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #840 on: February 08, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »
Anyone?
Yes you should try again and say you need a visa or anything else that comes to mind

Offline miles

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Air Canada, UA PLT, ANA, Delta Platinum, AA, BA, Aerosvit, A/A by Chase closed all accounts
« Reply #841 on: February 08, 2012, 10:20:15 PM »
SUCCESS!!

I did a 3bm for SP, SW and UA (the recent accounts that I reported getting were under my wife's name) and got denied on all for too many recent accounts because I got the freedom about 3 months ago.
3 calls to recon and 3 new accounts, it took all of 10 minutes. I called app status to get my app ids (which btw are the same thing as ref numbers) and then called recon with those numbers, no mention on any of the calls was made of the other apps and on the later ones no mention was made of the new approvals.
my appid from the browser page was wrong

Offline zush12345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 12, 2012, 11:10:13 AM »
hi everyone
i did a 3bm for my wife sp,co,ua and she got immediately approved for sp.i called chase recon and they closed her freedom card and i asked her will she be now approved for all cards and she said yes.today i call and on file they only see one approval,and 2 declines with the closed freedom card!he said i should call the credit line tomorrow and sort it out.any suggestions how i should go about,or should i wait a bit more maybe it didnt show up yet on the computer?im really upset since she clearly told me all of the applications have been approved.
really mad :-[

Offline SPLP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 12, 2012, 02:04:12 PM »
hi everyone
i did a 3bm for my wife sp,co,ua and she got immediately approved for sp.i called chase recon and they closed her freedom card and i asked her will she be now approved for all cards and she said yes.today i call and on file they only see one approval,and 2 declines with the closed freedom card!he said i should call the credit line tomorrow and sort it out.any suggestions how i should go about,or should i wait a bit more maybe it didnt show up yet on the computer?im really upset since she clearly told me all of the applications have been approved.
really mad :-[

Try not to be upset , I have found chase to be very cooperative ,start out  asking  what cards were approved , if the tell u only 1 card -- tell them just the truth ,they have notes and the call my even be recorded  , if can not get it corrected on first call  ,elevate it to a supervisor --do not know who you spoke to --if it was a csr --they many times give wrong info --stay cool now and when u call

Offline zush12345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
i dont remember her name,she cancelled the freedom card to allow both cards,and i specifically asked her if the other cards were approved and she said yes.is it possible it did go through but id didnt show up on the general clerks computer?

Offline SPLP

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 12, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
i dont remember her name,she cancelled the freedom card to allow both cards,and i specifically asked her if the other cards were approved and she said yes.is it possible it did go through but id didnt show up on the general clerks computer?

YES, possible clerk did not -can not see   ---As long as u understood what she told you ,it will work out--any chance she told u --close freedom and approve "the" card and when u asked are they approved -- u meant "all" 3 and she meant the "one" card  ---like i said i think all calls are recorded have them pull the call "if" needbe --call them tomorrow ,do not wait

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 14, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »

Only problem is she said I won't receive a sign up bonus because I have signed up for so many cards in last 6 months. I think she was just bluffing to see if I still wanted the card but we'll see

received my card and called to activate it. Confirmed that the esign up bonus is on the account
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:21:35 AM by Ergel »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #847 on: February 14, 2012, 11:54:59 AM »
I recently got approved for co opp with 7,000 CL and denied for UA. Called a few times and got yelled at for calling too many times. Yesterday I had the guts to call one more time and they took 2,000 from co and approved me for UA.All the other times they told me they cant approve UA with a CL less then 5,000.My point never give up!
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline zush12345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 14, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
yeah but what should i say?i got 5k on the sp,and they wouldnt budge.is there anything i can say that usually changes their mind?

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #849 on: February 14, 2012, 01:58:00 PM »
My worst situation is when I need to answer them why I'm calling for the 10th time on the same card with no new arguments
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #850 on: February 14, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
yeah but what should i say?i got 5k on the sp,and they wouldnt budge.is there anything i can say that usually changes their mind?
definitely ask for a supervisor, a friend had the same situation as you, they didn't budge, a supervisor approved it right away witout even cutting another cards CL,
keep us posted!
I'm just say'in©®

Offline mileshocker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
Did a 3bm im Nov for SW,SPP,Hyatt instant approval for hyatt pushed other 2 w.recon, just froze experian and trans applied for CO/UA got both approved through recon!
Thanks Dan!

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #852 on: February 16, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »
Has anyone got approved for less then $5k on SP?

Offline creditor

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Has anyone got approved for less then $5k on SP?
what makes you think that'll work ?
I'm just say'in©®

Offline zush12345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 16, 2012, 12:40:28 PM »
im gonna try it soon,they asked me also why i needed so many cards etc..what do i say about the policy of no more then 1 card every x amount of days?

Offline sunhao39685

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond Priority Club Plat Hilton Gold Marriott Silver
« Reply #855 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
I applied the chase amazon cc but they decined me. I called reconsider number and they told me my credit report is good but not long enough.what should I do?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #856 on: February 16, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »
The better question is why apply for the Amazon card?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 16, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
+100

Offline sunhao39685

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond Priority Club Plat Hilton Gold Marriott Silver
« Reply #858 on: February 16, 2012, 03:00:01 PM »
because I get declined couple times and I have read Amaon CC is easy to apply and I wanna build my credit history.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 16, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »
im gonna try it soon,they asked me also why i needed so many cards etc..what do i say about the policy of no more then 1 card every x amount of days?

I'm not sure what to say in that situation.  My strategy would probably be to keep calling back until I got a rep who didn't say no more than 1 card every x days.