Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2400468 times)

Offline yitzf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: 3 bm with chase
« Reply #900 on: March 01, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
Call recon. for the ones that say 7-10
good call
Call in their Automated system. if they say "your application is now being reviewed, we'll notify you in writing in aprox. 2 weeks then you have good chances to get approved, if they say: "7-10 business days", this means that you are denied, and you can call reconsideration right away.
This is a awesome method, i've tried it tons of times, and i found it to be very accurate.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: 3 bm with chase
« Reply #901 on: March 01, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »
I did a 3bm yesterday and called in today and the recording said about all three "your application is now being reviewed, we'll notify you 7-10 business days".
I called recon, they said one was pending and the other two were denied. They said that after the pending one goes through (7-10 days) I can call back and maybe get 1 of the other 2 to go through.
Any advice?

Offline asks

• View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #902 on: March 01, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »
Just wanted to give a big thanks to all DDF'ers for continuous great advice and tips in the forums!
Last week got 2 rejection letters from Chase (SP and Freedom).  called the reconsideration line and  got a CS rep who was way too excited about my having 18+ requests for credit in the past bunch of months and said it would be absolutely impossible to get the SP opened, after keeping me waiting for a painfully long time.
  I offered to close one or two other Chase cc's and move the CL's over and again, he was a brick wall...absolutely not he said bec he was soooo concerned about my " too many requests for credit"...I thanked him anyway and hung up the phone. Next call was to the credit anaslyst reconsideration line and voila!, in less than 7 minutes a got approval and expedited delivery of the card! Same thing with Freedom card, on its way.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 01, 2012, 03:53:20 PM »
in less than 7 minutes a got approval and expedited delivery of the card! Same thing with Freedom card, on its way.

Congratulations!  Did you get both approved by the same analyst, or did you hang up and try with a new analyst for the Freedom?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 01, 2012, 03:53:53 PM »
Just wanted to give a big thanks to all DDF'ers for continuous great advice and tips in the forums!
Last week got 2 rejection letters from Chase (SP and Freedom).  called the reconsideration line and  got a CS rep who was way too excited about my having 18+ requests for credit in the past bunch of months and said it would be absolutely impossible to get the SP opened, after keeping me waiting for a painfully long time.
  I offered to close one or two other Chase cc's and move the CL's over and again, he was a brick wall...absolutely not he said bec he was soooo concerned about my " too many requests for credit"...I thanked him anyway and hung up the phone. Next call was to the credit anaslyst reconsideration line and voila!, in less than 7 minutes a got approval and expedited delivery of the card! Same thing with Freedom card, on its way.

18 requests in how many months? What is that about? How many cards do you have?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 01, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
Congratulations!  Did you get both approved by the same analyst, or did you hang up and try with a new analyst for the Freedom?
Different analyst, was just as easy a process....didnt wanna push my luck trying for two at one shot.

Offline asks

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 01, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
18 requests in how many months? What is that about? How many cards do you have?

A little less than a years time

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 01, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »
Anyone have experience getting denied for a chase business card for too little established credit? I got approved for the freedom but I am hitting a brick wall trying to push my IB app thru. Offering to move over credit isn't working on them in this case.

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #908 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:16 PM »
Just wondering what's the diff between credit analysts and reconsideration?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #909 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
I have an inner feeling its the same thing with different 800 number...
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »

Now I am glad I didn't ask or answer.  ;D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #911 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »
Do you find your inner feelings to be wrong fairly often?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #912 on: March 01, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »
Do you find your inner feelings to be wrong fairly often?
+1 I have an inner feeling that your inner feeling is wrong :D
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #913 on: March 01, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
At any rate there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that people have luck with one department and not the other.

The latest was just posted today and I have read from others saying the exact opposite: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/18031/comment-page-2#comment-111462
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:23 PM »
Just wondering If I closed a card to open a new card, can I call chase to reopen that closed card? or bad idea. Because I have cancelled cards in the past which they readily reopened.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #915 on: March 01, 2012, 09:50:57 PM »
Is this a step-by-step process or you can try recon after a no go with cred anal?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:54 PM »
....or you can try recon after a no go with cred anal?

Oh come on, did you REALLY feel that of all the words your could abbreviate in that sentence, analyst was the best choice?  lol

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2012, 09:39:29 AM »
At any rate there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that people have luck with one department and not the other.

The latest was just posted today and I have read from others saying the exact opposite: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/18031/comment-page-2#comment-111462

I can second that notion: one worked for me after being repeatedly rejected by the other.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #918 on: March 02, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
I can second that notion: one worked for me after being repeatedly rejected by the other.

Is there a second number to call for business recon?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #919 on: March 02, 2012, 09:54:44 AM »
Is there a second number to call for business recon?

Don't know of one.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper