Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374179 times)

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #920 on: March 02, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
chase recon is so sweet!
i just got approved finally for the 3rd credit card in my 3bm now erev shabbos- lechovod shabbos lol!
my saphire preffered was for the minimum -5k
CO onepass 2k
and just now 1st try on the united world MC -5k!
with only 1 amex PRG for 1yr until now! and i'm 20yrs old. so pretty much noo history besides a long history of declined applications :)
well now time to wait and see if United puts out a better card to match for? or if i got grandfathered into this. :) well anyway good shabbos!
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #921 on: March 02, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
chase recon is so sweet!
i just got approved finally for the 3rd credit card in my 3bm now erev shabbos- lechovod shabbos lol!
my saphire preffered was for the minimum -5k
CO onepass 2k
and just now 1st try on the united world MC -5k!
with only 1 amex PRG for 1yr until now! and i'm 20yrs old. so pretty much noo history besides a long history of declined applications :)
well now time to wait and see if United puts out a better card to match for? or if i got grandfathered into this. :) well anyway good shabbos!
That's pretty great with that kind of history.  Enjoy.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline bem684

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »
That's pretty great with that kind of history.  Enjoy.

Yeah you got very lucky.  I would advise you to be very careful while you build your credit.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #923 on: March 03, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
At any rate there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that people have luck with one department and not the other.

The latest was just posted today and I have read from others saying the exact opposite: http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/18031/comment-page-2#comment-111462
I'm not convicted that the luck he/she had is a result of trying a different 800 number, it could be result of getting a different CSR, who knows? There is no way to prove that. When you call one number after being declined by another, they always tell you that they see you called already for reconsideration, even you asked for it at the other 800 number.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 03, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
I'm not convicted that the luck he/she had is a result of trying a different 800 number, it could be result of getting a different CSR, who knows? There is no way to prove that. When you call one number after being declined by another, they always tell you that they see you called already for reconsideration, even you asked for it at the other 800 number.

So is there a point in calling again if they see that you called already?

I couldnt get them to approve my 3rd card being that they approved 2 and have a short credit history.

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #925 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »
+1 its all dependant on the CSR not the number...
there were CSR that really thoroughly ask questions and stuff.. but for my last card the guy barely spoke to me, just approved 5k and done. no questions bout my job or anything..
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #926 on: March 04, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »
So is there a point in calling again if they see that you called already?

I couldnt get them to approve my 3rd card being that they approved 2 and have a short credit history.
for some reason the almost always tell you how many times you called before. But it dosent matter, a nice CSR will always be happy to help you. (unless you have bad luck to always bump into the same CSR which could make him a bit nervous, I guess...)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #927 on: March 04, 2012, 01:20:19 AM »
I'm not sure what crimes you've been convicted of other than being poor at the recon game by your own admission:

I mean no go it will be "very very" hard to push it through recon, but if 2 weeks, recon might help
Just my experience with various cards and a few ppl. When they said 7-10 (for decision, not "7-10 to receive card in mail) I never had success for approval, and they told me its "automatically" denied by the system, but when they said 2 weeks for decision I got easy approvals or after calling recon a few times. If experience matter.

As I've said I've seen enough anecdotal evidence from people who have tried multiple times with one department and who have success on the first try from the other department to believe that these are indeed 2 different departments.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:13:16 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 04, 2012, 08:45:14 AM »
Ha ha. Here you should apply AsherO's signature: I'm not responsible bla bla bla...

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 04, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
it seems they notate everytime you call. They know that you called before.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 04, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
it seems they notate everytime you call. They know that you called before.
They definitely know that you called. the trick is to give them a knew reason for our call.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 04, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
They definitely know that you called. the trick is to give them a knew reason for our call.
As I noted before if you get them to send you a rejection letter that will extend your application for 30 days and at that point you can call with no qualms
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 05, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »

Whenever I'm asked why I'm calling multiple times, I say "the previous rep I talked to told me to call back if I was able to give some more information".  My "more information" is almost always just repeating whatever I told the last rep, and it usually works.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 05, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
After you get approved for a personal card, how long does it take for the card to appear in your Chase online profile? Or do you have to do that manually when activating it?

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #934 on: March 05, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »
After you get approved for a personal card, how long does it take for the card to appear in your Chase online profile? Or do you have to do that manually when activating it?
If you signed up from your chase acc. it should show up about a day after its aproved.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »
I chose the No option when it asked me if I had a chase account to speed up filling in the account information.

So I won't see it in my chase.com profile until I activate then?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
Why did you choose the "no" option? Any benefit by doing that? (besides keeping busy)

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #937 on: March 05, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
I chose the No option when it asked me if I had a chase account to speed up filling in the account information.

So I won't see it in my chase.com profile until I activate then?
Thats my guess.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 05, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
Why did you choose the "no" option? Any benefit by doing that? (besides keeping busy)

I thought it helped approval chances?

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 05, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
I thought it helped approval chances?
only if you're churning