Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2396897 times)

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12100 on: September 20, 2018, 07:33:05 PM »
. Update. He Called chase operations rep said he doesn’t see any reason why it was declined he was transferred back to lending, rep said that a letter was sent for him to sign because he is under 21, after he will send it back the application will be continued to be reviewed...
so now he is waiting for this interesting letter..
Big difference from being denied for being <21.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Abe100

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12101 on: September 28, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
My wife had no long credit history besides being an individual on 1 of my cards and a freedom card with a 1K CL and 0.00 Balance

Her score was about 770.

She applied for 2 cards on the same day. Chase Slate and Chase Sapphire. Approved 9,700 on the slate and 17K on the Sapphire. Asked chase to move 16.5K to slate and was granted. Transferred 12.5K of my cards to Slate.

Chase called my wife to inquire about the reason she all of a sudden applied for 2 cards, and then they lowered her CL by 10K.

Is there a way to call chase, and arguments to use, to persuade them to restore her CL? 

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: September 28, 2018, 02:25:33 PM »
My wife had no long credit history besides being an individual on 1 of my cards and a freedom card with a 1K CL and 0.00 Balance

Her score was about 770.

She applied for 2 cards on the same day. Chase Slate and Chase Sapphire. Approved 9,700 on the slate and 17K on the Sapphire. Asked chase to move 16.5K to slate and was granted. Transferred 12.5K of my cards to Slate.

Chase called my wife to inquire about the reason she all of a sudden applied for 2 cards, and then they lowered her CL by 10K.

Is there a way to call chase, and arguments to use, to persuade them to restore her CL?
Be happy she was approved for the cards and move on... No reason to give Chase a reason to look deeper into her history...
Chaya L.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #12103 on: September 28, 2018, 06:34:01 PM »
Be happy she was approved for the cards and move on... No reason to give Chase a reason to look deeper into her history...
+1 They might even close the accounts. $17000 with no history on a single card is a gift, most will be lucky to get $2000.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: September 28, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
+1 They might even close the accounts. $17000 with no history on a single card is a gift, most will be lucky to get $2000.
+1
Riskiest bet I'd take is shut your mouth, I my self would consider lowering the CL more myself

Offline Abe100

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12105 on: September 29, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »

Thanks, everyone for your advice. Just to point out that she was an additional on my SPG with a 15% usage on an 8,100 card. Plus, she had her own freedom with a 1000 CL.
She used that card a bit the last few months to build her score, but I paid it to 0 before applying. her Score was 770 on the chase credit journey website.

I want to move 5,500 from her sapphire CL to her Slate CL, and then transfer more of my own CC Balances to her Slate. I have approx 35K in CC Debt.

We also have a joint Chase checking.

Is that too risky to do? I don't mind much if they close her CL afterwords, as my main goal now is to lower my interest payments.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: September 29, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
Thanks, everyone for your advice. Just to point out that she was an additional on my SPG with a 15% usage on an 8,100 card. Plus, she had her own freedom with a 1000 CL.
She used that card a bit the last few months to build her score, but I paid it to 0 before applying. her Score was 770 on the chase credit journey website.

I want to move 5,500 from her sapphire CL to her Slate CL, and then transfer more of my own CC Balances to her Slate. I have approx 35K in CC Debt.

We also have a joint Chase checking.

Is that too risky to do? I don't mind much if they close her CL afterwords, as my main goal now is to lower my interest payments.
Since interest is a killer the number 1 goal is to lower interest, which can involve taking some risk.

Depending on what your long term plan would be.
If you have a few year plan, and plan on getting some more 0% CCs when this is up, I'd take the risk and hope for the best. If you don't need that long to repay it all I'd open a few 0% cards now and try to keep all the balances under 50% of the credit lines or at most under 75% as that scares banks.
If you have no plan (I suggest working on a budget) I'd suggest being slightly conservative and transfer under 75% of the Slate CL for now, as an Adverse action of any sort can just throw you off more.

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12107 on: October 03, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »
Hi
I have a question on how to proceed
A friend of mine applied for his first chase credit card has a Capital one $500 Amex $2000
He applied for the chase freedom he is a chase customer with 5k+ in the bank.
Has a steady income that chase can see as its deposited In Chase.
The first week after the application it was 30 day msg reconsideration  couldn’t do anything. Today it went to 7-10 day.
He called recon, recon said  reason it was the Declined is because he is under 21...
and should call 18002901316. To further review the application.

Is it true that under 21 chase can deny a appreciation? Then why didn’t Capital one or Amex?
Anyone had any idea on how to proceed?

**UPDATE**

Received letter asking to verify all personal info sign and send back via fax

Approved for $1700 CL

(Not another mention about -21)

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: October 04, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »
I applied for the ink preferred this afternoon and got the pending 30-day message. when I check the application status page on the website there's nothing pending.anyone know how long it takes for an application to show up?

Offline Dzla2

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: October 15, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I applied for a Sapphire Preferred and World of Hyatt card within the same hour. I did a second application for the World of Hyatt card, after getting aproved, because I forgot to do it from a separate browser than the one I had signed up for Preferred on.
I was told to do the applications for both cards from separate browsers to increase my chances of the account not getting shut down.
I received the Preferred in the mail but without any notice the Hyatt card was closed on me.
I called the regular Chase number and they were no help
so I called the Reconsideration line and they told me that there was a second application for the same card (which is what i had done for the hyatt card) and for that and other reasons the account was closed and couldnt be reopened. I then explained that if my credit score is unworthy fro these cards why let me keep the Preferred? I am clearly in good enough credit standing for the cards it was just a mistaken second application, but they said they werent going to do anything.

A few days later I tried calling some executive line and explained the whole thing over to them and they told me they were going to look into it.

Does anyone have any advice?

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: October 15, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: October 18, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »

I applied for the Ink Preferred on 10/9 and just found out I was declined because they couldn’t verify my business address. I’m a physician so I put Dr <name> MD as my business address (which I’ve done before with 3 prior Chase business cards). I’m employed at a hospital but also do independent contractor work out of my home office. Chase is asking for address verification in the form of a tax form or utility bill with my business name from the application (Dr. DaveInLA MD) matching the address. Unfortunately, all of my home bills only say my name and even my 1099 tax forms only say Dr. DaveInLA, without “MD”. Per 2 different agents in the verification department, that’s not good enough. They both said my only options are to apply again with just my name as the business name, or go through the County Clerk via Secretary is State website to file for a Fictitious (or Assumed) Business Name. I thought I would get an automatic rejection since I just applied for this card but they said I was declined so I can apply again.

My questions—

1. Has anybody done the county clerk thing for the fictitious business name? It sounds complicated and I’m pretty busy. If it’s really complicated, I’ll just apply again with just my name.

2. If I apply again with a new business name, what are the implications for my credit score and also for 5/24? I’m not sure if Chase business cards even count against 5/24.

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: October 24, 2018, 01:02:17 AM »
Applied for the reserve card. Called and got the wait 30 days response. IS that the same as the dreaded 7-10 or more like the 2 weeks?

When i transferred to an adviser after that, I asked him if there is a special department that can look at the application and make the decision on the spot. He said no such thing " you just got to wait" . True or false? Calling Recon should be able to get an immediate response, correct?

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: October 24, 2018, 01:08:07 AM »

Applied for the reserve card. Called and got the wait 30 days response. IS that the same as the dreaded 7-10 or more like the 2 weeks?
Just had that twice. Both times reps told me that it means it wasn't yet processed. Both times was bc they needed to verify info (once address and once business) before proceeding. I got approved for both after verifying.

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: October 24, 2018, 01:09:34 AM »
Just had that twice. Both times reps told me that it means it wasn't yet processed. Both times was bc they needed to verify info (once address and once business) before proceeding. I got approved for both after verifying.

So call recon when it opens a deal with it there?

Offline theblakdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: October 24, 2018, 01:10:52 AM »
So call recon when it opens a deal with it there?
I called status line, they forwarded me to verification dept or lending dept

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: October 24, 2018, 09:14:39 AM »
If it says 30 days for more then 2 days its 99.5% approved

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »
If it says 30 days for more then 2 days its 99.5% approved
+1. If you can afford to wait, just wait it out.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: October 24, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
Have to buy some tickets from Bangkok to Miami and want to cash in on the $4000 spend now. Hard to Ms out of the states... Buying groups don't work... Have to have an address to send things etc. And

Offline beirush228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: October 31, 2018, 11:48:26 AM »
So I didn't end up calling, but Boruch Hashem I see it on my account. Though at this point it doesn't show my credit limit ($0 to be exact). Is that typical or should I be worried about something. (still within 4 or 5 days since applied).