Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374202 times)

Offline MrKaplan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12220 on: January 08, 2019, 04:02:25 PM »
Wife applied for United Explorer, got this message-------"We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible." Is this more likely a decline or pending? She has only one CC of her own (CSP) but is an AU on 4-5 of mine (including my UE).
What did the AS say when you called?

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: January 08, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »
What did the AS say when you called?

This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12222 on: January 08, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »
Call recon it might just be missing info.

Yup. Wife gotta do that, tomorrow when kid aren't home  ;)
It's probably just 5/24 because of the AU's which should be resolved with a call to recon.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: January 09, 2019, 09:38:02 AM »
you gotta call tech support to link your personal card account with your business ink card.
I just did this this week w my ink card. It’s the most backwards thing: you can add personal cards to a business account but not vice versa; for that you need to open a new account for the business ink. Then move all your personal cards over to the business account. Then change the account and password  so it’s the same as your original account. Then delete the ‘new’ account created. The tech rep does it all herself. She makes up an account name and password for you and moves everything back and forth until it’s all together in one account.

I was impressed she chapped to do all that.

Then I asked her why not just allow business cards be added to existing personal accounts-you see how annoying that was to do...? She said “yes yes that is what we need to do. You can’t add business to personal no sir”

So not a genius exactly but she got the job done :D
Just did this all. But not changing the user and password. So now I just have to use the new account in itself.
Got 15k limit without moving around.

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:58 AM »
My wife got the Chase SW personal card yesterday. Think she can get them to match today's offer? Which number to call?

Offline MrKaplan

• View Profile
« Reply #12225 on: January 10, 2019, 10:20:30 AM »
My wife got the Chase SW personal card yesterday. Think she can get them to match today's offer? Which number to call?
SM them

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: January 14, 2019, 01:17:14 PM »
I had the weirdest experience just now. I called them up, the rep asked me a security question and she said my application was approved, even before I had a chance to ask if I can get it reconsidered. Pretty cool

Offline Naftuli19

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12227 on: January 14, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
I had the weirdest experience just now. I called them up, the rep asked me a security question and she said my application was approved, even before I had a chance to ask if I can get it reconsidered. Pretty cool
When did u apply?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: January 14, 2019, 01:19:17 PM »
When did u apply?
Yesterday, it was for the Ink Cash

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #12229 on: January 14, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »
Happens all the time.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: January 14, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »
They just had to review it again
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: January 14, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
Need to verify my business...
 It's a sole proprietorship.
Anybody got this?
Chase United business

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: January 14, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »
Anybody got this?
Chase United business
Does the name of the business match the name on the app?
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: January 14, 2019, 03:00:41 PM »
Anybody got this?
Chase United business

Did you do as Dan writes all the time-apply in your PERSONAL NAME with your SS#?? If you did not then they want to verify the business info with your EIn etc

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: January 14, 2019, 04:47:20 PM »
DP: biz+personal didnt combine inquiries

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: January 14, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »
first for me: applied for hyatt a week ago, still in consideration multiple reps wouldnt provide an update or look into app.... anyone ever had this ? (also applied for 2 biz same day which are still 7-10 with multiple huca)

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: January 14, 2019, 07:50:39 PM »
Wife was denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards opened last 24 months". She only had one card opened though (CSP) and one store card. However, she is an AU on my 5 cards. So figured it would be an easy call and approval. But they put in for Recon, they said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name alone).

Now, we did have a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her report shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Does her denial make sense?? Will it help to keep calling? If yes; what should her argument be? Thanks!

Offline coffeebean

• View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: January 14, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »
Wife was denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards opened last 24 months". She only had one card opened though (CSP) and one store card. However, she is an AU on my 5 cards. So figured it would be an easy call and approval. But they put in for Recon, they said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name alone).

Now, we did have a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her report shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Does her denial make sense?? Will it help to keep calling? If yes; what should her argument be? Thanks!
Regarding the authorized user cards, always mention to the rep that "I am not responsible for the cards/payments"

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: January 14, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »

Did u ask them if u can move over credit from the other card?

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: January 15, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »
Did you do as Dan writes all the time-apply in your PERSONAL NAME with your SS#?? If you did not then they want to verify the business info with your EIn etc
I did as Dan says. First he said too many inquiries, when I said that it's my 2nd in the last few years he said he'll move over credit from other business card. I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, or so it felt, he started asking me all sorts of info abt my business... After a thourogh interview, he put me on hold again, then said it's declined unless I verify my business. I said it's a sole proprietorship, he said then go to your county office and file for something called ( I don't remember)...