Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374773 times)

Online ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12240 on: January 15, 2019, 12:25:34 AM »
Does the name of the business match the name on the app?
Yes its *John Smith* sole proprietorship

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: January 15, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
Regarding the authorized user cards, always mention to the rep that "I am not responsible for the cards/payments"
Yes- she mentioned that. That is why I thought it would be a quick call and approval.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: January 15, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »
Did u ask them if u can move over credit from the other card?
Thanks, that is a good idea. No, she didn't ask anything  ;) She's not really very good at these things. I'm looking for as many pointers I can get here on DDF before calling back. I wish I could talk for her as an authorized person but I'm afraid s/o else talking for her won't work well on a recon call?

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: January 15, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
I did as Dan says. First he said too many inquiries, when I said that it's my 2nd in the last few years he said he'll move over credit from other business card. I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, or so it felt, he started asking me all sorts of info abt my business... After a thourogh interview, he put me on hold again, then said it's declined unless I verify my business. I said it's a sole proprietorship, he said then go to your county office and file for something called ( I don't remember)...
Too many inquiries has nothing to do with how many CC's you have. Why don't you call back and clarify what they needed you to get from the county (assuming they say the same thing)?

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12244 on: January 15, 2019, 04:44:51 PM »

Thanks, that is a good idea. No, she didn't ask anything  ;) She's not really very good at these things. I'm looking for as many pointers I can get here on DDF before calling back. I wish I could talk for her as an authorized person but I'm afraid s/o else talking for her won't work well on a recon call?

I've called for other people although they do say that they use voice verification,
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: January 15, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »
Wife denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards last 24 months". She only had one card opened (CSP) and one store card. She is an AU on my 5 cards. Figured would be an easy call and approval. But they put in for Recon, they said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name alone).

We did have a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her report shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Does her denial make sense?? Will it help to keep calling? If yes; what should her argument be? Thanks!

Any other thoughts on this?? TIA!

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: January 15, 2019, 04:50:00 PM »

I've called for other people although they do say that they use voice verification,

A male for a female name?? I guess anything can work in today's crazy world  ;)
I did once call up under her name, the (Black) woman sounded surprised but I insisted it was my name! But that was regular CS, I don't even think for a CC.

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #12247 on: January 15, 2019, 04:52:25 PM »
A male for a female name?? I guess anything can work in today's crazy world  ;)
I did once call up under her name, the (Black) woman sounded surprised but I insisted it was my name! But that was regular CS, I don't even think for a CC.
Both
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Online ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: January 16, 2019, 01:56:37 PM »
I did as Dan says. First he said too many inquiries, when I said that it's my 2nd in the last few years he said he'll move over credit from other business card. I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, or so it felt, he started asking me all sorts of info abt my business... After a thourogh interview, he put me on hold again, then said it's declined unless I verify my business. I said it's a sole proprietorship, he said then go to your county office and file for something called ( I don't remember)...
So the letter they need is a fictitious business name statement...
Anybody else got this for a sole proprietorship?

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: January 16, 2019, 02:48:53 PM »
I have an LLC and they requested proof of business ie IRS letter. I told them that I already have a Chase checking account and a Chase credit card on the business name. Got some push back that they have to follow protocol. After a few minutes of me pushing back, was put on hold and got approved.

Online ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: January 16, 2019, 02:51:00 PM »
I have an LLC and they requested proof of business ie IRS letter. I told them that I already have a Chase checking account and a Chase credit card on the business name. Got some push back that they have to follow protocol. After a few minutes of me pushing back, was put on hold and got approved.
Was that for a sole proprietor?
I guess not. Right?

Offline yoelkon

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: January 16, 2019, 02:52:26 PM »
Was that for a sole proprietor?
I have an LLC which has its own ein # sole owner as well. Needed to add my SSN which is the norm for Chase.

Online ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: January 16, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »
I have an LLC which has its own ein # sole owner as well. Needed to add my SSN which is the norm for Chase.
Looks like they have gone strict abt business applications.. actually gone crazy

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: January 16, 2019, 03:43:59 PM »
Wife denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards last 24 months". Only has a CSP + one store card. She's AU on my 5 cards. Put in for Recon, said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name).

We had a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her CR shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Does her denial make sense?? Will it help to keep calling? If yes; what should her argument be? Thanks!

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #12255 on: January 16, 2019, 04:35:19 PM »
Wife denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards last 24 months". Only has a CSP + one store card. She's AU on my 5 cards. Put in for Recon, said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name).

We had a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her CR shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Could have sworn I saw an identical post up thread
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: January 16, 2019, 04:40:57 PM »
Could have sworn I saw an identical post up thread

You have the time to take jabs but no time to respond? Nothing to add? NP, just stay quiet and allow others who may be interested in helping do so. When you have a question; you want others to answer, correct? Care for your fellow brother.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: January 16, 2019, 04:43:01 PM »
You have the time to take jabs but no time to respond? Nothing to add? NP, just stay quiet and allow others who may be interested in helping do so. When you have a question; you want others to answer, correct? Care for your fellow brother.
people aren't inclined to help in these situations

Offline Dovdovmoneytree

• View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: January 16, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »
people aren't inclined to help in these situations

Not sure what "these situations" mean. Bottom line; if I didn't hurt you; why does it irk you so? Personally; I try to answer any questions I can. And it doesn't drive my wild if s/o reposts something hoping to catch someone's eye who didn't notice the first post. All the best.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: January 16, 2019, 04:53:08 PM »
Not sure what "these situations" mean. Bottom line; if I didn't hurt you; why does it irk you so? Personally; I try to answer any questions I can. And it doesn't drive my wild if s/o reposts something hoping to catch someone's eye who didn't notice the first post. All the best.
It most certainly is annoying, and as a side note I did have in mind to read and see if I can respond to your post when I have time, not everyone is available on demand.