Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374444 times)

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12261 on: January 16, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »
What are these supposed to show? We're you referring to me?
I am 2/24 and was denied even I entered my name in the sole proprietorship.
Y were u denied?
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: January 16, 2019, 09:07:52 PM »
Y were u denied?
They first said too many applications, I clarified it's my second in 24, the then moved over credit from other card. Put me on hold, started interigation abt my business, then said I need to verify my business with tax ID, o said it's sole proprietorship, he said then I need to send on a form from county office, it's called fictitious business statement... And I'll be approved

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: January 17, 2019, 12:03:11 AM »
BTW after doing a bit research a fictitious business statement is like a doing business as... Meaning if the business is different than my name I need this document.
I'll need to educate the chase team I guess.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: January 17, 2019, 12:04:09 AM »
BTW after doing a bit research a fictitious business statement is like a doing business as... Meaning if the business is different than my name I need this document.
I'll need to educate the chase team I guess.
That's what HUCA is for.
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: January 17, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »
That's what HUCA is for.
I actually did huca but the agent repeated what he read on the notes from the previous agent.
And since I knew nothing abt that document I had nothing to argue.
I will huca. Let's hope for the best.

Offline Naftuli19

• View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: January 17, 2019, 12:06:35 AM »
I actually did huca but the agent repeated what he read on the notes from the previous agent.
And since I knew nothing abt that document I had nothing to argue.
I will huca. Let's hope for the best.
Good luck! report back.

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: January 21, 2019, 09:09:43 PM »
Good luck! report back.
So since May, the agent said, even if your full name is in the business name, you still have an issue. If your business name is John Smith toys, you have an issue. So in my case John Smith sole proprietorship is under chase "law" a name that requires legal documentation.
I'll try again tomorrow, but they seem strict.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #12268 on: January 21, 2019, 11:46:31 PM »
So since May, the agent said, even if your full name is in the business name, you still have an issue. If your business name is John Smith toys, you have an issue. So in my case John Smith sole proprietorship is under chase "law" a name that requires legal documentation.
I'll try again tomorrow, but they seem strict.
All that is false, as long as you apply for a sole proprietorship and give your legal name, and the tax ID field you put in your social security you shouldn't have any problems, regarding your business name it's a sole proprietorship meaning you're running your own business therefore you don't have to file for any messy paperwork or paperwork stating that my business name is Joe...

What you have to do now is state to the representative what they have in the memos before they read it to you, hence you're going to explain to them that I have a sole proprietorship business whether selling on Amazon or ebay and I file my taxes together with my personal taxes.
  Hence, I don't have to file any paperwork that I have a business as it's a sole proprietorship building up a small business and I file and pay all the taxes with my own personal tax therefore no other paperwork is needed. Don't let them tell you what the memo said, you go over everything that they have in their memo's and explain to them why and what.
You have to be the one to lead the conversation and don't let them tell you...
 try explaining them to the best of your ability why you need a second business card what are you going to use it for, and your first business card you never had to do any such paperwork.
  As well, colleagues of mine who've applied as a sole proprietorship in the past week () and had no issues or the need to file any messy paperwork.

Also I'm assuming you wrote a decent amount for your income Re the business application.
   If you wrote too little of an amount it will sound very fishy.
Unless you went into a branch and spoke to a banker

Good luck.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: January 21, 2019, 11:50:43 PM »
Wife denied for United Explorer card. Letter says "too many cards last 24 months". Only has a CSP + one store card. She's AU on my 5 cards. Put in for Recon, said she's denied because the CSP on her name is "too short in history" and "too short payment history" (on her name).

We had a mortgage with Chase for 14+- years (sold house though), have a joint Chase account 7+- yrs, a Chase business acct 3+ yrs(she's authorized on it, although just recently added). Her CR shows length of credit as 18+ yrs, average account 6+ yrs.

Does her denial make sense?
 Yes, but you will explain that it's false via your argument above stating she had a mortgage and...

Will it help to keep calling?
You seem to explain yourself very well why she should be approved that's exactly what you should say to the representative be very clear and state as much possible formation as you could.
  Make sure to put an emphasis on the fact that she's a authorized user on all your card which is causing the application to show as if she had multiple cards in the past.

If yes; what should her argument be? Thanks!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12270 on: January 22, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »
All that is false, as long as you apply for a sole proprietorship and give your legal name, and the tax ID field you put in your social security you shouldn't have any problems, regarding your business name it's a sole proprietorship meaning you're running your own business therefore you don't have to file for any messy paperwork or paperwork stating that my business name is Joe...

What you have to do now is state to the representative what they have in the memos before they read it to you, hence you're going to explain to them that I have a sole proprietorship business whether selling on Amazon or ebay and I file my taxes together with my personal taxes.
  Hence, I don't have to file any paperwork that I have a business as it's a sole proprietorship building up a small business and I file and pay all the taxes with my own personal tax therefore no other paperwork is needed. Don't let them tell you what the memo said, you go over everything that they have in their memo's and explain to them why and what.
You have to be the one to lead the conversation and don't let them tell you...
 try explaining them to the best of your ability why you need a second business card what are you going to use it for, and your first business card you never had to do any such paperwork.
  As well, colleagues of mine who've applied as a sole proprietorship in the past week () and had no issues or the need to file any messy paperwork.

Also I'm assuming you wrote a decent amount for your income Re the business application.
   If you wrote too little of an amount it will sound very fishy.
Unless you went into a branch and spoke to a banker

Good luck.
Thanks for taking the time to type this information.
I did call in again, and basically told them they made no sense, and that the county clerk laughed abt filing such a document with this name... After a few holds he got back that the real issue is my address, since I recently moved, so I can walk into any branch and verify my new address and I'll be good to go...
Recap: So first they said I had too many applications. Then it changed that there's anew rule since May abt business names.
Now it's the address issue.
Let's see what happens.

Offline Shauly101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #12271 on: January 23, 2019, 10:28:17 AM »
i called the 888-338-2586 and they say '' you will receive a letter within 30 days'' what does that mean?

(i applied for the United Biz Card)

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: January 23, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
i called the 888-338-2586 and they say '' you will receive a letter within 30 days'' what does that mean?

on the hotline means it wasnt reviewed yet

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: January 23, 2019, 12:29:15 PM »

Once it moves to 7-10 or 2weeks, take a peek at the wiki.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #12274 on: January 23, 2019, 02:55:36 PM »
Seriously, just make an LLC. Works like a charm, every time.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Danlover111

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: January 23, 2019, 04:28:59 PM »
hope this is the right thread

i would like to apply for the ua biz cc
i got the ink 6 months ago and the csp a little over 3 months ago
should i go for it?

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: January 26, 2019, 09:26:17 PM »
Seriously, just make an LLC. Works like a charm, every time.
A LLC costs money and if you don't otherwise need it, making one wouldn't be the go to thing. You know what I mean.
BTW does chase let you have multiple cards on 1 LLC? If the answer is yes, that'll make things a lot better.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #12277 on: January 29, 2019, 06:07:27 PM »
A LLC costs money and if you don't otherwise need it, making one wouldn't be the go to thing. You know what I mean.
BTW does chase let you have multiple cards on 1 LLC? If the answer is yes, that'll make things a lot better.
Of course. Why wouldn't they?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: January 30, 2019, 06:39:50 PM »
got denied for United business explorer card on recon call for too much overall credit extended relative to income.  They said they cannot allocate from personal to business and the one business card I already have only has $3000 credit limit and that would not be enough for this card.

is my only option to lower my credit lines with my personal chase cards so i can call recon again?

Offline US

• View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: January 30, 2019, 08:05:57 PM »
got denied for United business explorer card on recon call for too much overall credit extended relative to income.  They said they cannot allocate from personal to business and the one business card I already have only has $3000 credit limit and that would not be enough for this card.

is my only option to lower my credit lines with my personal chase cards so i can call recon again?
Try to transfer some credit from personal to your existing business card, when done HUCA for the new app.