Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2398339 times)

Offline satturn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Security Pass
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1160 on: April 10, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
i had done a 3bm about a month and a half after another 3bm. Risky, but i had a need for some points at the time- they originally told me they will not approve any cards due to too many applications. I called again and found a Rep who said he can close 3 accounts to approve one maariot card! I called again and got some one to close my SP and transfer to get the marriot approved. My next issue was due to chase taking a really lomg time to post my bonus points i got from matching my united/co cards- i cannot close them. This left me with really nothing else to close to try to get my next 2 cards approved. I tried calling to get my freedom approved- no luck - they told me that it was a suprise that i got my maa\rriot approved. So - i took Dans advise - and called Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer). I asked straight off the bat when they picked up if i can transfer $500 credit from my CO card (it only had a $1000 limit) to get my freedom approved, she said sure- ill transfer you to application recon (who already denied me a few times) but she spoke to them first and told them what to do- and they approved it! I have yet to try hyatt- any ideas?

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 10, 2012, 12:02:46 PM »
I was approved a new SP MC if I agree to close my old one and move over that CL.
The old account is still showing with the old CL just showing as closed, I think usually they actually move the limit over. I want to call credit allocations if they can move over the credit from my closed account to the new one (basically to double it) or it risky?

Offline ringsher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 17, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
So I have an issue that I haven't yet seen when searching through the forums, but if the answer is out there, please direct me to the proper thread.

After Dan's awesome post, I did the 3BM method about a month ago for 3 chase cards - Hyatt, Sapphire and Freedom. I was approved immediately for the Hyatt card, and denied the other two times due to "too many requests for credit." I called reconsideration for Sapphire (I read somewhere in Dan's posts that you should only call for one card at a time), and I was approved after shifting credit from Hyatt to Sapphire. About a week later, I called reconsideration for the Freedom card, and was informed that due to some sort of Chase regulation, you can only be approved for up to 2 credit cards per month. It seems that I would have to close one of my new cards (I have an old Amazon Visa card that I would be willing to shift the credit line for) to be approved for the Chase Freedom. Otherwise, I can re-apply after 30 days. I don't want to re-apply in 30 days because the bonus for being approved has now been reduced.

Here are my questions:
1) Has anyone experienced the same issue above? Is what the rep said really true? I haven't yet seen anywhere that you can only get approved for a max of 2 cards (otherwise, how is the 3BM method so successful?). Would you suggest I call again, or do these reps save all conversations you made regarding the card (i.e., they would know I called earlier and I am thus aware of the 2-credit-card-approval-per-month limit)
2) This is a general question - I have a Chase Amazon card for about 4 years. If you close an old credit card to shift its credit line for a new card, doesn't the negative impact of closing the credit card outweigh the positive impact of being approved for a new card (because you're closing an old card)?
3) If this somehow works out and I do get approved for the Freedom card, am I going to receive the bonus miles that existed when I signed up for the card, or as of the date of approval? When I applied for the Freedom, the bonus miles (after spending $500) was higher than the bonus available now.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Offline ringsher

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 17, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
Actually, I just saw that Arid posted about the 2-approval-per month limit in this thread too, but doesn't seem to have been successful in getting them to approve the third card.

Offline askmoses

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 20, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
Called business recon for Ink Bold.... she actually first pulled up another app I did for another business card and when I sweet talked my way to approval, she then had to swap pull up the app for bold and approve (YAY!), however now she said she had to officially reject the other app bc she had pulled it up and officially put it under consideration. I'm debating with myself along these lines right now... I really really don't want A/A so I'm wondering if I should bother fighting for the other app (ink cash) at all. I'm unsure of the amount of DDF member who know have A/A pulled on them and I certainly hope it is only a very small fraction.

I'm also thinking of asking my business banker to fill out the special consideration form for me and see if that will open the door on the second app. Any ideas you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
I applied for the Ink Bold
I had a credit freezer on experian
chase called me about a week later... and dint want to approve me.

Should I call recon?

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 23, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
I applied for the Ink Bold
I had a credit freezer on experian
chase called me about a week later... and dint want to approve me.

Should I call recon?
Why wouldn't you?

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 23, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
i already spoke to them once... an di assume that would be considered "recon"
with all the A/A going on... i want to be cautious.

Offline zush12345

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:34 AM »
got the 50k offer for the mileageplus united card..i applied but was denied too much new credit so i cancelled my sapphire preferred and got this one accepted..sweet!

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
i already spoke to them once... an di assume that would be considered "recon"
with all the A/A going on... i want to be cautious.
imo, go ahead with it

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: April 24, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
ill update what happens

Offline HelpMe

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
Fun Fact #14: yeki89 was hesitant at first but took the plunge. Was eventually approved for IB card!
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Yeki89

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:50 AM »
i hope so

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Is chase approving 3 cards at a time still?
« Reply #1173 on: April 24, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
I found some old threads wondering if anyone has recent experience.

I have two cards (sapphire and some old Wamu that became chase) I applied for United, Ink business and Hyatt..

needed to call for all, first two got approved.. Spoke to someone who said if I cancel my wamu they'll approve my hyatt, but then they never did it and when I called back they just said they can't approve any more at this time..

any point trying or am I wasting my time?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Is chase approving 3 cards at a time still?
« Reply #1174 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
I found some old threads wondering if anyone has recent experience.

I have two cards (sapphire and some old Wamu that became chase) I applied for United, Ink business and Hyatt..

needed to call for all, first two got approved.. Spoke to someone who said if I cancel my wamu they'll approve my hyatt, but then they never did it and when I called back they just said they can't approve any more at this time..

any point trying or am I wasting my time?

You can try calling again. Don't close your wamu if that's your oldest card though.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• View Profile
Re: Is chase approving 3 cards at a time still?
« Reply #1175 on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
its my oldest with them, but I have much older credit history with amex

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Is chase approving 3 cards at a time still?
« Reply #1176 on: April 24, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
its my oldest with them, but I have much older credit history with amex
Then cancel it.
Or call again and try to shift part of the credit line.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChikkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 24, 2012, 11:15:54 AM »
if someone said they can't approve more than two is that policy or is there some leverage?

I currently have 4 cards with them thx

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1178 on: April 24, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
if someone said they can't approve more than two is that policy or is there some leverage?

I currently have 4 cards with them thx
They CAN approve more HUCA
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 24, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »
I got approved for my wife for the SP, they said they were going to lower the limit of my united card from $5000 to $1000 but they didn't as they probally wern't able to being that its a signature card and requires $5000 minimum.