Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374145 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12540 on: February 12, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
Trying to get a friend approved for a basic Chase freedom Card.
 First the rep claims he doesn't have sufficient credit history,
 And some other excuse. Said he was denied and he will have to reapply if he wants to get approved.

Then explained to the rep how reliable I am as an authorized user, I'm liable to pay that bill dot-dot-dot..
And x years old.. and do this and this for a living, making x amount of money per year..
  The rep came back saying okay I'm going to go ahead and try to resubmit the application for another chance, he changed his mind, first time around you have to reapply then he said he can resubmit the application LOL.
   Rep came back saying I'm sorry I can't approve you as the authorized user account that you're currently on has over 50% of the credit being utilized.
   Suggested the owner of that card pays off the balance and then try to have the application resubmitted.

Hence my question, would it help by adding him on my onto my own Credit cards which would make a difference if I call back within 30 days that way I avoid needing to reapply for him, added him to my Barclays credit card which requires the social, would add him to my Chase Ink business as well if that would make a difference?
  What's your guys take?
All my regular Chase cards won't help by adding him as a social is not required on the account, just his name so didn't think of make a difference.
    Or would amex be a good option to trigger his report showing he has other cards he's an authorized user for and responsible for paying the bill for whatever he spends, as I explained being that he's an authorized user that shows he's trustworthy otherwise the owner of the account would have closed his card down already..

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12541 on: February 12, 2020, 02:07:41 PM »
How will chase see any of those changes to his report without pulling again?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: February 12, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »
How will chase see any change on his report without pulling again?
Everything that I'm doing is just to bring out that he's an authorized user not just on one account.
  Till now I only had one card I can claim that he was an authorized user for which had over 50% of the credit being utilized now I can claim he's an authorized user another to three accounts with the credit being utilize less than 5%.

Better question how long does it take for it to show on his credit report that he has an authorized user on another account?
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: February 12, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
How will chase see any of those changes to his report without pulling again?
Being that I'm applying for a Chase card, shall I add him to my ink business and let's see how that goes?
  Just want to make sure that I can remove him as easy as I add him so I don't get all his mail to my home address and have his info stored on my account.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: February 12, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »
Everything that I'm doing is just to bring out that he's an authorized user not just on one account.
  Till now I only had one card I can claim that he was an authorized user for which had over 50% of the credit being utilized now I can claim he's an authorized user another to three accounts with the credit being utilize less than 5%.

Better question how long does it take for it to show on his credit report that he has an authorized user on another account?
That might help, but not for reconsideration, which they use your "old" credit report

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: February 12, 2020, 02:19:10 PM »
That might help, but not for reconsideration, which they use your "old" credit report
That's no good, then will have to get his father to pay off the credit card and I can call back and tell them there's no balance. (think that's my only option here that I'm left with.)
 Will try and see what happens.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: February 12, 2020, 02:21:19 PM »
That's no good, then will have to get his father to pay off the credit card and I can call back and tell them there's no balance. (think that's my only option here that I'm left with.)
 Will try and see what happens.
NO.
Don't think this will help, chase looks at your credit report, wont matter what you tell them, on the report the utilization is 50%.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: February 12, 2020, 02:25:03 PM »
NO.
Don't think this will help, chase looks at your credit report, wont matter what you tell them, on the report the utilization is 50%.
Even to tell them that I'm only responsible for that one card, while its fully paid off.
   Was using his family as support to claim he's reliable and trustworthy to borrow, but if there looking at the picture as a whole then I'm pretty stuck.

I can huca away and see what happens.
 I'm sure each phone call is recorded and noted, so not sure if im going to dig the grave deeper or maybe get one rep who's willing to do it for him.

What's your take?

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: February 12, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
Even to tell them that I'm only responsible for that one card, while its fully paid off.
   Was using his family as support to claim he's reliable and trustworthy to borrow, but if there looking at the picture as a whole then I'm pretty stuck.

I can huca away and see what happens.
 I'm sure each phone call is recorded and noted, so not sure if im going to dig the grave deeper or maybe get one rep who's willing to do it for him.

What's your take?
You can tell them whatever you want, but what you actually do wont have an impact. (unless they pull agian.)

You are rock bottom man! you weren't approved for a credit card :o
you have nothing to lose!

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: February 12, 2020, 02:42:57 PM »
You can tell them whatever you want, but what you actually do wont have an impact. (unless they pull agian.)

You are rock bottom man! you weren't approved for a credit card :o
you have nothing to lose!

so are you suggesting that I add him to my Chase Ink business credit card and then reapply instead of calling back to reconsider his application?

like I said being that he has no credit cards what do I care if I do another pull in a few days?

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: March 30, 2020, 09:07:52 PM »
is the business line closed now? and if yes for how long? is there any other way of doing reconsideration?

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: April 20, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »
Just applied (using @Dan link) for Hyatt and got this back:

Thank you for your request.

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing the World of Hyatt Credit Card.

Does that mean i'm approved or do I need to call recon asap?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12552 on: April 20, 2020, 04:17:41 PM »

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.

wiki:
To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: April 21, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »

24 hours later and finally after 3 long phone calls I got approved by escalation, underwriting checks out. They put through hell, audited every move on my reports.

Was told to call ID verification when they open in the morning, verify my address, and I'm good to go. Fingers crossed.

Now to spend $85K on a (presumably small) CL by 6/30. Did I get that right @Dan?

Offline margol

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: April 24, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
I just applied for the United biz card with the 100k bonus.  Got denied saying that I don't have a deposit account or investment account balances with them.  Haven't gotten the letter yet - I called reconsideration and that's what they said.  Is there anything to do with that besides opening an account with them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #12555 on: April 24, 2020, 04:32:57 PM »
I just applied for the United biz card with the 100k bonus.  Got denied saying that I don't have a deposit account or investment account balances with them.  Haven't gotten the letter yet - I called reconsideration and that's what they said.  Is there anything to do with that besides opening an account with them?

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=115684.0

Offline margol

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: April 27, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »

Same here for Ink cash. Looks like they’re closing the loop.

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12558 on: April 30, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »
If one's business's registered address is a mailbox rental location, but they conduct business out of home (consulting etc) which address would they enter on a business application?

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: April 30, 2020, 06:03:38 PM »
If one's business's registered address is a mailbox rental location, but they conduct business out of home (consulting etc) which address would they enter on a business application?
side note
Not a good time to apply for a chase biz