Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374613 times)

Offline SGF

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz President Circle
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1240 on: May 11, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
I got a letter from chase I signed up for the United plus card and they want a w2 a way I make income however I don't make a income what do I do now??
Anyway around it?
i had the same problem and got them to approve me anyway

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #1241 on: May 13, 2012, 11:13:58 AM »
good point, i think ill do that. and then ill have another card to play around with CL limit.
i just called app status line, and now they both my cards say 7-10 days! before i called one said 2 weeks. -
shall i worry?

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1242 on: May 13, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
i just called app status line, and now they both my cards say 7-10 days! before i called one said 2 weeks. -
shall i worry?
Happened to me, it means not aproved, you could call recon.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 13, 2012, 11:19:02 AM »
Happened to me, it means not aproved, you could call recon.
i already called (4 times in HUCA format) a few days ago  as stated a few posts up.
and i was told to wait until one gets approved to call again. (or both officialy get denied)

i also read on ddf about a few ppl that it didnt mean automatic decline. so im hanging in thin air.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1244 on: May 13, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
i already called (4 times in HUCA format) a few days ago  as stated a few posts up.
and i was told to wait until one gets approved to call again. (or both officialy get denied)

i also read on ddf about a few ppl that it didnt mean automatic decline. so im hanging in thin air.
is one of your apps time sensitive? Can you just wait till you get your letters on the mail? (or is that not possible as you are in bkk?)
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1245 on: May 13, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »
is one of your apps time sensitive? Can you just wait till you get your letters on the mail? (or is that not possible as you are in bkk?)
firstly not possible since im in BKK. - and they dont send emails, so i dont know if i got accepted. so i check every so often on the app status line. - and its not so time sensitive its more like im just eager to know if i got it or not!

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 13, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »
update one says approved now and the other one says 7-10 days  :-[

Offline SPGCont

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
« Reply #1247 on: May 13, 2012, 08:35:54 PM »
Anyone have any luck getting a Sapphire Mastercard while having a Sapphire Visa?

Do you have to get them to close one first?

If they offer to "convert" my Sapphire Visa into a Mastercard will I get the 40k bonus?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1248 on: May 13, 2012, 09:03:24 PM »
Anyone have any luck getting a Sapphire Mastercard while having a Sapphire Visa?

Do you have to get them to close one first?

If they offer to "convert" my Sapphire Visa into a Mastercard will I get the 40k bonus?
Yup.
Nope.
Nope.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPGCont

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Platinum (Life), Alaska Air MVP, Delta Silver, AA, United
« Reply #1249 on: May 13, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Yup.
Nope.
Nope.

So... please share:
What did you tell them when they ask why you need another sapphire?

I tried telling them MC has different benefits than Visa and so they offered to have CC "convert" my sapphire into a MC.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1250 on: May 13, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »
I told them where I shopped that only takes Visa and where they only take MC.

I you fail at that then ask them to close out your Visa and approve the MC app.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SPGCont

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
I told them where I shopped that only takes Visa and where they only take MC.

I you fail at that then ask them to close out your Visa and approve the MC app.

OK. i'll try that.

What about having two united cards open?
Is that possible or do you need to tell them to close one?

Thank so much for the awesome tips btw!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 13, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
What about having two united cards open?
I have 3 :)

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 13, 2012, 10:27:27 PM »
I have 3 :)
Im assuming 1 MC and 1 Visa Ua plus old Co

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1254 on: May 13, 2012, 11:27:58 PM »
Im assuming 1 MC and 1 Visa Ua plus old Co
Or United Club ;)
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 13, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »
I have 3 united cards open and I plan on transferring the credit to the  ua club card is there any reason to leave the other 2 open?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 14, 2012, 03:49:44 AM »
I have a saphire wmc and ink bold I don't need anymore, which would you offer to close to get a southwest pushed through?

Offline jkchan83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 14, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
New DDF member. Just found the site over the weekend and wanted to post my (very recent) experiences. Applied for a UA Club Card and a Sapphire Preferred using 2BM on Sunday. Already have UA Explorer, Freedom, and Amazon cards.

UA Club was approved instantly. Called recon today on the SP. Talked to a really nice rep who asked me why I needed both cards. (Moving miles to UA. Leaving Amex for double UA miles on dining.) Rep helped me move around credit from Freedom and Amazon cards to open SP. Surprisingly, did not offer to move limit from the other UA card, even though it has the 2nd highest current limit (after the new UA Club card).

The recon experience wasn't nearly as scary as I was expecting.

Need advice on next steps. My goal is to maximize UA miles. I live in Houston, so UA is really the only show in town. Please let me know what you think:

1. Open a Chase checking account to take advantage of Freedom card 10*10 bonus. (Didn't know this existed until this weekend.)
2. Cancel UA Explorer card. Re-open in 18 months(?) for mileage bonus. (I will need to get a new FFN to get the bonus, right?)
3. Use UA Club card for nearly all purchases since 1.5% back is better than Freedom or SP (except for under $10 or for SP 2x categories).
4. Quit using my Discover card, except on 5% categories each quarter.
5. What do I do for gas? I get 4% back on my Amex Costco card. Do I keep using that or switch to UA Club? Other than gas, the rewards are now matched by SP. (Used to be 3% for dining.) Should I even keep this card?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 14, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »
New DDF member. Just found the site over the weekend and wanted to post my (very recent) experiences. Applied for a UA Club Card and a Sapphire Preferred using 2BM on Sunday. Already have UA Explorer, Freedom, and Amazon cards.

UA Club was approved instantly. Called recon today on the SP. Talked to a really nice rep who asked me why I needed both cards. (Moving miles to UA. Leaving Amex for double UA miles on dining.) Rep helped me move around credit from Freedom and Amazon cards to open SP. Surprisingly, did not offer to move limit from the other UA card, even though it has the 2nd highest current limit (after the new UA Club card).

The recon experience wasn't nearly as scary as I was expecting.

Need advice on next steps. My goal is to maximize UA miles. I live in Houston, so UA is really the only show in town. Please let me know what you think:

1. Open a Chase checking account to take advantage of Freedom card 10*10 bonus. (Didn't know this existed until this weekend.)
2. Cancel UA Explorer card. Re-open in 18 months(?) for mileage bonus. (I will need to get a new FFN to get the bonus, right?)
3. Use UA Club card for nearly all purchases since 1.5% back is better than Freedom or SP (except for under $10 or for SP 2x categories).
4. Quit using my Discover card, except on 5% categories each quarter.
5. What do I do for gas? I get 4% back on my Amex Costco card. Do I keep using that or switch to UA Club? Other than gas, the rewards are now matched by SP. (Used to be 3% for dining.) Should I even keep this card?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome and congrats on your approvals!  Did you get the first year fee waived on the UA Club card?

1. Definitely.  And don't forget the 5x categories on top of the 10*10.
2. No need to wait at all, though you will need a new UA FFN to reapply.  Don't cancel, use the card as leverage to get approved for another card (like Freedom, Hyatt, Southwest, etc)
3. Here's my current strategy:
True, as my wife has one as well.

My current strategy is :
-$25+ purchases (including car rentals due to primary CDW), and foreign purchases, excluding dining, airfare, hotels, telecom, cable, office supplies, 5% category, gas, Open Savings Partners, and Gap Inc purchases on United Club.
-Purchases under $25 and 5% categories on Freedom.
-Dining, airfare, and hotels (including foreign purchases in those categories) over $10, and car rental in Israel goes on Sapphire Preferred WMC.
-Purchases at SPG hotels as well as purchases that I want warranty, return, dispute, or purchase protection on goes on Starwood.
-Open Savings purchases go on Starwood Business.
-Hyatt purchases on Hyatt.
-Telecom, cable, office supplies (including gift cards for Amazon, etc), and gas on Ink Classic.
-Gap Inc purchases go on Banana Lifetime Luxe.

I don't have an AMEX PRG right now, but I'll probably shift airfare and groceries there when I get my next one.
Although since then I do have PRG now, so we'll see what happens there.

Offline jkchan83

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
Welcome and congrats on your approvals!  Did you get the first year fee waived on the UA Club card?

1. Definitely.  And don't forget the 5x categories on top of the 10*10.
2. No need to wait at all, though you will need a new UA FFN to reapply.  Don't cancel, use the card as leverage to get approved for another card (like Freedom, Hyatt, Southwest, etc)
3. Here's my current strategy:Although since then I do have PRG now, so we'll see what happens there.

Thank you for your advice. I'm waiting to get the card before trying to get the first year fee waived.

Good catch on the $25 threshold. I was looking at the wrong column and missed that the Freedom is better than the UA Club up to $25 where they are even.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.