Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374328 times)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1280 on: May 22, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
He did around 2-3 months ago.

Gotta think of a creative way to explain that, could just say he decided he prefers the Chase cards over the other issuers' cards or something.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Fefferkorn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 22, 2012, 12:47:49 PM »
Gotta think of a creative way to explain that, could just say he decided he prefers the Chase cards over the other issuers' cards or something.
I see so there's nothing fullproof to get approved with recon as fullproof as when someone has a currently open card and just asks to shift CL?

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 22, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
I see so there's nothing fullproof to get approved with recon as fullproof as when someone has a currently open card and just asks to shift CL?

The word is foolproof, and you're right, there's no foolproof way to get approved upon reconsideration, even shifting credit isn't foolproof.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 22, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
The word is foolproof, and you're right, there's no foolproof way to get approved upon reconsideration, even shifting credit isn't foolproof.
Thanks for the correction :)
How about if he waits for his IB to come in the mail, can he use it as leverage to shift credit from it to the others?
The IB was done on the same 3BM and it's the only one that got approved with a 9K CL..

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1284 on: May 22, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
Yes, you could move from business to personal.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 22, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »

I had to call 3 different times to move CL from Biz to personal. Don't give up if you are initially
 told it can't be done .

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 22, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
Thanks for the correction :)
How about if he waits for his IB to come in the mail, can he use it as leverage to shift credit from it to the others?
The IB was done on the same 3BM and it's the only one that got approved with a 9K CL..
+1, you don't even have to wait until you receive the card.

Offline tracyinca

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 22, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
If I apply for the Chase Sapphire MC along with another chase card via the 2b method, will this result in 2 pulls if I have to call reconsideration to get the cards approved, or will they only do one pull for both cards?  I currently have the Sapphire Visa, but would like to close it and transfer the credit line to the Sapphire MC.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1288 on: May 22, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
If I apply for the Chase Sapphire MC along with another chase card via the 2b method, will this result in 2 pulls if I have to call reconsideration to get the cards approved, or will they only do one pull for both cards?  I currently have the Sapphire Visa, but would like to close it and transfer the credit line to the Sapphire MC.

YMMV (assuming the rep does not (have to) re-pull).
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 22, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
When churning UA, if I currently have the UA card and end up needing to call recon, is there any way recon will still work? Because they are probably going to say that I already have that same card and cannot be approved for another one.
Bumping this.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1290 on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:07 AM »
Bumping this.

Yes, it's possible. I know I've read people on DDF have multiple UA cards.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1291 on: May 23, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
Yes, it's possible. I know I've read people on DDF have multiple UA cards.
+1 Dan churned it a few times.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1292 on: May 23, 2012, 01:34:34 PM »
+1 Dan churned it a few dozen times.
ftfy
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1293 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:04 PM »

Offline Fefferkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 23, 2012, 01:46:04 PM »
But what do you say when they ask you how come you want it if you currently have an open one?

Offline Armadillo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 24, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
I did a 3bm for united club, british and sapphire mc. Approved right away for ua club. moved credit for ba and just got off my 3rd call trying to convince them why i need both sp mc and visa (which I have for a while).
Questions: I didn't ask for the fee waived on the club card and so far nothing has posted. Does anyone know how long it takes to post the annual fee or maybe they gave it to me fee-free?
Two, has anyone else applied for ba and got points and also got last years?
Three, Each rep insists they don't let both anymore and I have to close out visa to get mc. I know Dan got both- when did that happen and has anyone else been successful recently? Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my UR points active w/o transferring to airline so i can combine with mc points if i cancel visa?
Thanks for listening...

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #1296 on: May 24, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
how come my apps status still says 7-10 business days if it applied on may 8?
should i call recon?

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
should i call recon?
I would call you prob got denied.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #1298 on: May 30, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »
should i call recon?
I would call you prob got denied.
update: so after i called recon the first time a few weeks ago and i HUCA'd a few times then and they basically denied the UA card and just about cleared the BA but they said it needs verification.
so i called back after a few weeks of not hearing anything, and they just said that i dont have sufficient Credit history with chase since i opened the SP only in beginning of april  and they cannot split the 5k limit i got for it. - and they knew i spoke to an agent a few weeks ago.

since the Recon number posted here doesnt work for me i called a diff number chase gave me and apparently its the Credit analyst line. i dont know if that makes a diff though.

anything i can do? or is it a lost case?

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 30, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
update: so after i called recon the first time a few weeks ago and i HUCA'd a few times then and they basically denied the UA card and just about cleared the BA but they said it needs verification.
so i called back after a few weeks of not hearing anything, and they just said that i dont have sufficient Credit history with chase since i opened the SP only in beginning of april   and they cannot split the 5k limit i got for it. - and they knew i spoke to an agent a few weeks ago.

Untrue.  They could lower it if they want to. The system has no problem with the sp going under 5k.