Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2411460 times)

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
Re: Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1320 on: June 01, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »
I just got denied because they want my proof of income and I don't want to send them because I don't have
In how long can I reapply for the card?
you can also call the verification department and see if they can do it over the phone 1800-278-8830
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1321 on: June 03, 2012, 09:04:19 AM »
If I need to close a card for leverage to open a new one, do I first need to pay off the outstanding balance of the old one or they'll close it even its not paid?
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 03, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »
If I need to close a card for leverage to open a new one, do I first need to pay off the outstanding balance of the old one or they'll close it even its not paid?

They might not let you close it (I'm not sure), but they won't let you move any credit that's not available, and they might act like sticklers and not allow you to move any credit at all because the CL isn't entirely available.

Why don't you just pay it all off, should take only a day or two for the payment to post).
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline compddd

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 03, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »

I recently had them close one of my sapphire preferreds so I could get my UA Explorer approved and I had some outstanding balance on the sapphire when they did it.

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1324 on: June 03, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »
They transfered the outstanding balance to the new card?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
No they closed it and moved the CL. The closed card still showed up in my Chase Online profile with the balance outstanding that I needed to pay.

Offline Yitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 10, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
Applied for BA & United. When you call SM do you ask them to reconsider the 2 of them on the same call?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:20 PM »
What's SM's phone number?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #1328 on: June 10, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »
if i did a 3bm and need to call reconsideration do i give them my social, or is there some other number to give them?
(If i give social do all the apps show up?)

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 10, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »
if i did a 3bm and need to call reconsideration do i give them my social, or is there some other number to give them?
(If i give social do all the apps show up?)

You should first call the application status line and give them your ss and ask for your application reference numbers.

Then call the recon line and give them only one reference number per phone call.

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1330 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »
You should first call the application status line and give them your ss and ask for your application reference numbers.

Then call the recon line and give them only one reference number per phone call.
Tried that, they can still see all the apps.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #1331 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
since they can see all the apps do you try pushing through multiple apps on the same phone call?? Thats if u get a nice agent

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 11, 2012, 09:59:35 AM »
since they can see all the apps do you try pushing through multiple apps on the same phone call?? Thats if u get a nice agent
Better not to.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 13, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »
Tried calling recon about a Hyatt card, they told me its still in verification process, can't help me.anyone have experience with this?
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline Shmelly

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 13, 2012, 03:35:25 PM »
I've called Chase recon on 7 cards, including 2 today. Each time they've granted my request on the 1st try with no sweet talking, excuses, etc. On every call I've simply said "I was denied for this card, can you approve it by shifting over a portion of the CL/closing a different card in order to open it?". That's it - no preliminaries, no nothing. Why are some people given so many issues?
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. - Dr. Seuss

Offline JEWDA

• View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 13, 2012, 03:35:29 PM »
Tried calling recon about a Hyatt card, they told me its still in verification process, can't help me.anyone have experience with this?
If they can't help you I don't think anyone here can.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 13, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
I'm looking for info on "verification stage", if this has ever happened to anyone, and what it means

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 13, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Last week I called for Hyatt card to recon and da lady told me the Hyatt card needs first to go through - I don't remember what fancy word she said (maybe verification, not sure) so I hung up and called the other number - credit analyst, and they didn't make me that problem. (not saying they didn't make me other problems.... But it was finally approved after HUCACACACACACA..)

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »
Last week I called for Hyatt card to recon and da lady told me the Hyatt card needs first to go through - I don't remember what fancy word she said (maybe verification, not sure) so I hung up and called the other number - credit analyst, and they didn't make me that problem. (not saying they didn't make me other problems.... But it was finally approved after HUCACACACACACA..)
thnx

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #1339 on: June 13, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
Anyone have a good idea of an ideal plea for a credit card for someone with NO prior credit history? i;m trying to help some friends who got declined due to NO prior credit history (3 chase applications.. calling about one at a time..)
Any ideas??
:) if someone here got approved why did they agree? what was your supporting argument?
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)