Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2413537 times)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1340 on: June 13, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Last week I called for Hyatt card to recon and da lady told me the Hyatt card needs first to go through - I don't remember what fancy word she said (maybe verification, not sure) so I hung up and called the other number - credit analyst, and they didn't make me that problem. (not saying they didn't make me other problems.... But it was finally approved after HUCACACACACACA..)
from my experience as well as other reports here, credit analyst usually is better than recon

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1341 on: June 13, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
@rcarentals if they have Chase bank accounts try the love and relationship card.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #1342 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »
ok good point, i will use that with one of the friends that has chase,... but any ideas for the other who has both no chase nor credit?
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1343 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
ok good point, i will use that with one of the friends that has chase,... but any ideas for the other who has both no chase nor credit?
Get them a capital one card. Chase is tough on new credit.
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 13, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »
Get them a capital one card. Chase is tough on new credit.
they already applied,... now we're in the dealing with reconsideration stage? trying to be creative and give compelling reasons :)
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #1345 on: June 13, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »
+100 to JEWDA
Ill be honest with you, you'll have a hard time. But still, I wish you good luck!

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 13, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »
whew,... after about 10 calls tonight, between the analst and reconsideration (not sure the real difference as they are both in the lending department...)
i got my friend approved for the united card with a 1k limit. not bad for someone with zero previous credit, only 6 months being an additional user on a card he was not liable for.. and he is only20yrs old..(not that im older but i already have a 12k limit and a amex PRG)  :) lol..

he did a 3bm for the saphire united and freedom, i called like 15 times for the sapphire 2-3 times for the others respectively over the past 3 weeks.. tonight after about 9 calls reconsidering the sapphire, i called once for the united, and, without barely any questions got it approved! i then went on to press for the freedom but was declined,.. so i will probably stop there.. in the meantime i asked them to expedite the card and it will be arriving in "1 to 2 business days" :)
sweet ending to one of the story's...

got 1 more friend to go, who signed up for the same 3,... and 1 more who signed up but was then declined and had all his credit cards closed. he really must've pissed some ppl off there b/c they were barely willing to speak with me every time they started reading the notes :D lmao...

still looking for ideas for someone without a chase checking as the one that just got approved had a chase checking wich might've helped?...

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »
any guys ever called up reconsideration on behalf of a girl?
if so what did you do? say that you are a girl and yet speak with your normal manly voice?
or tell them "i'm calling on behalf of my wife"? lmao dont know what to do???

Offline JEWDA

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #1348 on: June 13, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
any guys ever called up reconsideration on behalf of a girl?
if so what did you do? say that you are a girl and yet speak with your normal manly voice?
or tell them "i'm calling on behalf of my wife"? lmao dont know what to do???
You could either take a chance that they wont realize that shprintza is a girl or get her to call and tell them to speak to you. They wont listen to you for a sec. if you say  "i'm calling on behalf of my wife"
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 13, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
You could either take a chance that they wont realize that shprintza is a girl or get her to call and tell them to speak to you. They wont listen to you for a sec. if you say  "i'm calling on behalf of my wife"
yeh just checked they dont ask your gender on the application.. although i dont know if it says it on your credit report somewhere? :) it would be mad awkward if their like.. um it says here your actually a girl?... :) could get bad... LMAO.. im gonna just hope the dont think "shprintza" is a girls name... :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1350 on: June 13, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »
I call for my wife, have her give permission, and then do the talking.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:05 PM »
i'm on the other side of the world... so unless i do conference calling... wich i am not interested in doing... b/c they have no credit and it's not like their gonna get approved in one call.. so i have HUCAHUCAHUCA.... and it'd be a major hassle to call a million times :)
although so far pronouncing chayah as shayah has been working,.. and they just think its a guys name :D its great!
my method so far is simply to play up whatever small strengths the person DOES have,.. so say they tell me that since i have had a store card but only with 500$ and it was closed 8yrs ago... to the next person i am going on about how u had a card before paid on time etc etc etc.. and im not new to credit.. etc etc.. and alot of other ...... :)
i will huca till i get it!!!!!! :)

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 13, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »
i'm on the other side of the world... so unless i do conference calling... wich i am not interested in doing... b/c they have no credit and it's not like their gonna get approved in one call.. so i have HUCAHUCAHUCA.... and it'd be a major hassle to call a million times :)
although so far pronouncing chayah as shayah has been working,.. and they just think its a guys name :D its great!
my method so far is simply to play up whatever small strengths the person DOES have,.. so say they tell me that since i have had a store card but only with 500$ and it was closed 8yrs ago... to the next person i am going on about how u had a card before paid on time etc etc etc.. and im not new to credit.. etc etc.. and alot of other ...... :)
i will huca till i get it!!!!!! :)
anyone unfamiliar wouldn't know that Chaya is any more a girl than Shaya. (as opposed to 'universals' like Sara)
in theory you could probably insist that it is you and get all insulted...

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 13, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
anyone unfamiliar wouldn't know that Chaya is any more a girl than Shaya. (as opposed to 'universals' like Sara)
in theory you could probably insist that it is you and get all insulted...
Lmao... true that! :)

Offline Yitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 15, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »
Just called Chase for My wife to reconsider the BA and she got it. Will try later for the United. Chase CS has been helpful to me.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #1355 on: June 15, 2012, 09:59:15 AM »
@yitz
did you call app status to get the app reference number? or did u just give social?

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Club, Avis Presidents, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold
« Reply #1356 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »
i tried over the past few days to call the application status number to get the reference number for my app that got declined, and they said they don't have one but they pulled it up with my social so there is no reason for it when i call reconsideration. well obviously i don't want to give my social when calling recon. is there any other way to get the app reverence number??
btw i huca'd a bunch....

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 17, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »
That's funny. Either way, you'll get the ref number when you get the letter in mail.

Offline Crazy tools

• View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 17, 2012, 01:02:30 PM »
figured it would be on the letter in the mail.. is it online anywhere (anyway to check app status online)

did anyone else have to huca for this info?

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 17, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
Not online.