Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374637 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #12800 on: April 18, 2023, 09:25:02 PM »
You're aware of Chase 5/24 right? If not, google it and there's tons of blog posts talking about it.

Other than 5/24 here are some rules to be aware of:

Yes. None of those rules apply here. I was asking about the specific language that I posted from the declination letter.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: April 20, 2023, 03:56:38 PM »
I called chase to recon my ink card that I applied for on march 17 and I was looking at my email and I got a inquiry from chase even though the rep never mentioned anything about pulling my credit, after reading this forum I realized that the application is only open for 30 days. Is there anything I can do about this? can I call experian to dispute the inquiry? Because I called chase and he said that the rep never has to ask for permission to pull my credit after I say that I want a recon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 04:04:29 PM by Yaakov7 »
כל מקום שאני הולך, אני הולך לארץ ישראל

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: April 20, 2023, 06:42:35 PM »
Call Experian that you have a duplicate inquiry from chase. Don’t mention anything about the reconsideration

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: April 21, 2023, 08:53:10 AM »
Call Experian that you have a duplicate inquiry from chase. Don’t mention anything about the reconsideration
and what about the fact that they are a month apart?

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: April 21, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »
and what about the fact that they are a month apart?
In my experience it worked even if it was a month apart

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #12805 on: April 21, 2023, 10:21:55 AM »
I called chase to recon my ink card that I applied for on march 17 and I was looking at my email and I got a inquiry from chase even though the rep never mentioned anything about pulling my credit, after reading this forum I realized that the application is only open for 30 days. Is there anything I can do about this? can I call experian to dispute the inquiry? Because I called chase and he said that the rep never has to ask for permission to pull my credit after I say that I want a recon
I have the exact same issue. At least i got approved for the card though...
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: April 21, 2023, 04:01:35 PM »
In my experience it worked even if it was a month apart
I called experian and they said that since chase made an inquiry I have to speak to chase and they will contact experian and dispute the inquiry, however if I call chase they're gonna tell me that I applied for a card. when you called experian what was your reasoning for the dispute?

Offline 1najol1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: April 22, 2023, 11:28:53 PM »
I called experian and they said that since chase made an inquiry I have to speak to chase and they will contact experian and dispute the inquiry, however if I call chase they're gonna tell me that I applied for a card. when you called experian what was your reasoning for the dispute?
Duplicate inquiry. I claimed the first one is accurate but the second is a duplicate for the same application

Offline greatdeals

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: April 27, 2023, 05:28:32 PM »
by mistake typed wrong social security number and submitted application what do i do?

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: April 27, 2023, 05:46:52 PM »
by mistake typed wrong social security number and submitted application what do i do?

I would do it again with correct info, the first one will be discarded

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #12810 on: April 28, 2023, 08:09:38 AM »
I would do it again with correct info, the first one will be discarded
Not necessarily. I have been approved with the wrong social, with Wells Fargo. I wonder what would happen if I rack up debt and leave unpaid. I still have the account open. And I have accounts with the correct social.

(It’s WF, so there are likely a bunch of accounts open under that SSN by now. What a disaster.)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #12811 on: April 28, 2023, 10:19:35 AM »
Just happened to me... call the recon line and tell them you made a mistake - they'll amend the application and process it on the spot. 

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: May 04, 2023, 10:32:51 AM »
when chase does ocassionally  overlook the 5/24 rule is it only during the initial application review or do they sometimes overlook/disregard it when calling recon line?  trying to guide somebidy that was rejected for the chase sapphire preferred for:

number of recently opened accounts etc...

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: May 11, 2023, 04:36:00 PM »
when chase does ocassionally  overlook the 5/24 rule is it only during the initial application review or do they sometimes overlook/disregard it when calling recon line?  trying to guide somebidy that was rejected for the chase sapphire preferred for:

I guess no dp's of being approved on a recon call after being disapproved for too many accounts?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: May 11, 2023, 05:29:32 PM »
I guess no dp's of being approved on a recon call after being disapproved for too many accounts?
Are they all his accounts? Or is he a AU on someone else?  If so, he tells recon and they discount it. (Talk quick before they put you on hold.)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Gvann

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #12815 on: May 11, 2023, 08:21:50 PM »
If i applied for the Ink business card during the 90K offer and didnt get approved but did another hard pull and got approved 32 days later would i still get the 90K bonus or does it count as a new appliaction?

If you got approved, you can call chase and ask what your sign up bonus is. If you dont like it, send a secure message explaining the story and maybe they will honor it.

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #12816 on: May 11, 2023, 08:23:44 PM »

Just had it today. applied for a ink preferred about two weeks ago, which was about a month after an ink unlimited which was 2 months after another ink unlimited. Reason for decline two weeks ago was too many active accounts, too many recently approved credit cards and too recently extended credit card from chase. Today they approved it on recon

Offline Gvann

• View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: May 11, 2023, 08:28:48 PM »

And as far as I know, but could totally be wrong, the computer will most likely (like 99.99%chance) never approve you on the spot if over 5/24. Recon usually will not either, unless the agent is in a good mood, you explain very nicely why you need the card even though you are over 5/24 or if its open season on ignoring 5/24 as was the case a couple times over the last wave of ink sign up bonuses

Online HoKo

• View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: May 11, 2023, 08:45:13 PM »
or if its open season on ignoring 5/24 as was the case a couple times over the last wave of ink sign up bonuses

Happened with other cards (such as Southwest) a bit over a year ago as well

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: May 12, 2023, 11:38:29 AM »
And as far as I know, but could totally be wrong, the computer will most likely (like 99.99%chance) never approve you on the spot if over 5/24. Recon usually will not either, unless the agent is in a good mood, you explain very nicely why you need the card even though you are over 5/24 or if its open season on ignoring 5/24 as was the case a couple times over the last wave of ink sign up bonuses

my question though is whether when 5/24 was being overlooked was that on a on recon call as well as automated decision or just automated?