Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374547 times)

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3140 on: June 18, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
Applied for IB and IP.   Got declined for both called recon and was declined again. HUCAed 3 times and the rep told me she could approve me for one but not both. So I chose the ink plus and figured I'd HUCAed again for the bold. She then tells me so I've gone ahead and withdrawn your IB app! What to do?

Do you really think HUCA has success stories only, sometimes HUCA will go against you, especially when greed is involved.

Offline izzchuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
Do you really think HUCA has success stories only, sometimes HUCA will go against you, especially when greed is involved.
looking for solutions, not for ethics.

Offline wierdal832

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
i friend of mine had applied for a bunch of chase cards a few months ago, most of them were declined... yesterday he got like 6 cards in the mail... does that make any sense?

Offline wierdal832

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:55 AM »

never goes against u

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: June 18, 2013, 11:00:08 AM »
looking for solutions, not for ethics.

The solution is to chill out, wait a few months, and try again.  Most of us who've been doing this a long time started out slowly and gradually got into AORs, multiple HUCAs, etc.  I don't know your situation but unless you've already got a history with the Chase business department you shouldn't expect them to give you two new lines of credit in one shot, especially this week when everyone and their mother suddenly opened a business :)

never goes against u

If you have apps pending it could.  The only time you have nothing to lose is if your app was already denied.

Offline izzchuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: June 18, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
The solution is to chill out, wait a few months, and try again.  Most of us who've been doing this a long time started out slowly and gradually got into AORs, multiple HUCAs, etc.  I don't know your situation but unless you've already got a history with the Chase business department you shouldn't expect them to give you two new lines of credit in one shot, especially this week when everyone and their mother suddenly opened a business :)

If you have apps pending it could.  The only time you have nothing to lose is if your app was already denied.
have credit history for 4 years. Did anyone ever have this happen to them I.E. getting apps withdrawn by reps?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:18:09 AM by izzchuck »

Offline bem684

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: June 18, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »
have credit history for 4 years.

That's not the question.  How long have you been a Chase customer?  Have you ever had a business credit card with them before?  4 years is enough to get you most credit cards, but if you have no history with Chase (or with Chase business dept more specifically), they may want you to take one card and sit on it for a few months or a year before they go and give you another line of credit.

Offline izzchuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: June 18, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
That's not the question.  How long have you been a Chase customer?  Have you ever had a business credit card with them before?  4 years is enough to get you most credit cards, but if you have no history with Chase (or with Chase business dept more specifically), they may want you to take one card and sit on it for a few months or a year before they go and give you another line of credit.
have personal history with chase for 2 years with 4 cards open. Have 18k with chase plus the new 5k just given to me from business recon. Maybe I'll apply again for the IB now and offer to shift from personal to biz.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: June 18, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
Many have gotten 3 biz cards with no biz history. Many times reps withdraw an app if they feel you don't need anymore cards.

This week is a little hectic with Chase Recon, maybe freeze your EX and call back next week.

Offline izzchuck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: June 18, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
Many have gotten 3 biz cards with no biz history. Many times reps withdraw an app if they feel you don't need anymore cards.

This week is a little hectic with Chase Recon, maybe freeze your EX and call back next week.
want to get the 60,000 offer though. If I call is there a chance they'll look in the app I just got approved for? Basically, am I taking a risk by calling again?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3150 on: June 18, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »
want to get the 60,000 offer though. If I call is there a chance they'll look in the app I just got approved for? Basically, am I taking a risk by calling again?
Always a chance.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3151 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »
HUCA

Does that mean YOU were successful?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Feivish

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: June 18, 2013, 12:16:40 PM »
Does that mean YOU were successful?
Yes. After a brief hold was approved for both no questions asked.

Offline TDweck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »
I think Im going to stop HUCA, at least this week.  last call, lady said I spoke with a few analysits and nothing has changed.  they are not expiditing my application and I just have to wait.

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: June 18, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »
Both ink Plus and Bold were pending after applying last night, recon told me the Bold is pending (for next 2 weeks) and Plus was denied since I opened Hyatt within 6 months (march) I was surprised to hear that business had a connection to the consumer cards. After describing my business he approved the Plus with 5k limit (and expedited) but said that nothing can be done now with the Bold since its pending. Is this proven? Also will there be more then 1 pull if I call about the Bold in a few weeks?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Both ink Plus and Bold were pending after applying last night, recon told me the Bold is pending (for next 2 weeks) and Plus was denied since I opened Hyatt within 6 months (march) I was surprised to hear that business had a connection to the consumer cards. After describing my business he approved the Plus with 5k limit (and expedited) but said that nothing can be done now with the Bold since its pending. Is this proven? Also will there be more then 1 pull if I call about the Bold in a few weeks?
Was it approved or denied?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline TDweck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:46 PM »

Damn I wish my app was denied.

Offline jeckll

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: June 18, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
Was it approved or denied?
Sounds like it was initially denied but recon approved it after some cajoling.

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: June 18, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
Sounds like it was initially denied but recon approved it after some cajoling.
Correct. Any advice on the Bold? What about pulls (if I wait a few weeks)?

Offline jeckll

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: June 18, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
Correct. Any advice on the Bold? What about pulls (if I wait a few weeks)?
I had a similar situation. First call, approved IB. Second call, no movement. Third call, referenced second call, I said second call wanted me to move some credit around to approve IP (half true), CSR offered to approve if I closed another biz line.

This was all early Monday so I may have gotten lucky with the timing in that many are now reporting strict CSRs with the likely influx of apps. GL