Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2410916 times)

Offline DoGo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3180 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
yet,  I know plenty of people that got approved after HUCA....
Were their applications denied or pending?

Offline sruly101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: June 19, 2013, 07:45:38 AM »
I work for Chase and can confirm that due to the heavy influx of applications (due to the special offers on Small Business Week), there is an estimated 2 week turn around time for pending credit card applications with no expediting.
Nice.. whats do u there? can u help me out? ;)

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:21 AM »
I work for Chase and can confirm that due to the heavy influx of applications (due to the special offers on Small Business Week), there is an estimated 2 week turn around time for pending credit card applications with no expediting.
mine was approved after a day and a half of pending. HUCA didn't work, it just got approved

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:40 AM »
Nice.. whats do u there? can u help me out? ;)
can I get in line too?

Offline A European

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »
can I get in line too?
Chase Congo ? ;D

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 19, 2013, 07:22:30 PM »
Applied for IP yesterday and got the Pending notification. called recon yesterday and lander said no way he can expedite. have to wait approx 2 weeks for decision. tried my luck again now and the lady lander was very nice but repeated the same message.. it's pending and i have to wait approx 2 weeks for decision. then she added something that might be of interest to everyone;

she said i see you called in yesterday and was told the same thing.. this is not a good thing she added: the lander which will eventually review your application might look at your repeated calls for expediting as a desperate attempt for more credit which is never a good sign.

Take it for what it's worth (I'm not violating any rules by skipping the TIFWIW/FWIW slang, am i? ;))   

Offline Feivish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 19, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
Applied for IP yesterday and got the Pending notification. called recon yesterday and lander said no way he can expedite. have to wait approx 2 weeks for decision. tried my luck again now and the lady lander was very nice but repeated the same message.. it's pending and i have to wait approx 2 weeks for decision. then she added something that might be of interest to everyone;

she said i see you called in yesterday and was told the same thing.. this is not a good thing she added: the lander which will eventually review your application might look at your repeated calls for expediting as a desperate attempt for more credit which is never a good sign.

Take it for what it's worth (I'm not violating any rules by skipping the TIFWIW/FWIW slang, am i? ;))
Rep didn't tell the last part but she did tell me that she see notes and nothing changes, so I guess chase has learned a thing or two from barclays.

Offline Shreknit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:59 PM »
Rep didn't tell the last part but she did tell me that she see notes and nothing changes, so I guess chase has learned a thing or two from barclays.

That's weird because when I called yesterday they gave same speech about not expediting. Called them today and they said it was approved!

Offline mod

• View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: June 19, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
When did you apply?

Offline Feivish

• View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
That's weird because when I called yesterday they gave same speech about not expediting. Called them today and they said it was approved!
Maybe it has to do with the fact that I was originally denied vs pushed off, who knows!

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: June 19, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »

UH OH! NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: June 19, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »
I posted that about a week ago, saying that chase huca .... most of the times they tell u "we see u called before and we told u blah blah.....   some ddf'rs totaly denied it saying that Chase is not Barclays style.... now here you go...
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: June 19, 2013, 11:10:59 PM »
After HUCA I finally reached a rep who would view my apps and give me a response. Unfortunately she declined all 3 of my apps. She said due to many inquiries in last 6 months and a small collection on the account they will not be extending me any more credit. Since January I have 2 Amex pulls, and one each Chase and Citi, as well as the new pull from these apps.

She refused to reallocate some credit from my personal cards or close down and approve the biz apps.

The collection had been on the report for about 2 years and then magically disappeared around 12/2012. I managed to rack up 12 cards until today when I saw the collection had reappeared under a different collection agency.

Do I have any hope in recon having a change of mind? What can I say to persuade them?

Offline Feivish

• View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:40 PM »
After HUCA I finally reached a rep who would view my apps and give me a response. Unfortunately she declined all 3 of my apps. She said due to many inquiries in last 6 months and a small collection on the account they will not be extending me any more credit. Since January I have 2 Amex pulls, and one each Chase and Citi, as well as the new pull from these apps.

She refused to reallocate some credit from my personal cards or close down and approve the biz apps.

The collection had been on the report for about 2 years and then magically disappeared around 12/2012. I managed to rack up 12 cards until today when I saw the collection had reappeared under a different collection agency.

Do I have any hope in recon having a change of mind? What can I say to persuade them?
You can try giving the denial letter to your local banker and have them try to send in special recon, it does work sometimes.

Offline TDweck

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: June 20, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »

For crying out loud!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #3195 on: June 20, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »
You can try giving the denial letter to your local banker and have them try to send in special recon, it does work sometimes.
+1
you need to have minimum 10K in an account with them though

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 20, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »
+1
you need to have minimum 10K in an account with them though

Thanks.

I actually opened a savings account with them last week with over 10K on deposit. Would this work for 3 cards?

Offline magnus

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: June 20, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
Posted in another thread, but perhaps better here.

Applied 6/19 for IB and United Biz.  Both went pending.  I was a little worried due to having a lot of new cards in the last 7.5 months.

Called immediately and got a nice lady who told me the IB was pending, but the UB was rejected due to too many inquiries (which she thought might be because of the IB app).  After the standard interview along with why I wanted both CCs, she was able to approve both cards.  These are my 2nd and 3rd Chase Biz cards

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #3198 on: June 20, 2013, 12:46:08 AM »
Thanks.

I actually opened a savings account with them last week with over 10K on deposit. Would this work for 3 cards?
He can submit the form for all 3- yes. will it get you approved? not guaranteed

Offline YakovT

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 20, 2013, 03:48:50 AM »
The 3 month wait time reccommended to wait between card apps, is that from the date of application or approval? (if they were different). Or does it really not matter?

Also, I waited 6 months on last, can i go straight to 3 months? or gradually go to 5, 4, etc.?