Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2418527 times)

Offline Fan of Dan

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3300 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
had similar with Chase last month (20 "new" cards in past year)-- called the next "night" got approved  after I canceled a SW card -- and then--- 2 weeks later I wanted to redeem sw miles for GC , I found out must have a SW credit card open to redeem   -- got Chase to re open the SW card , went from have to many can not approve ---to re opening a canceled card-- now have even more cards
Well done.  :)

Offline nocknock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: June 25, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »
Not necessarily.
U mentioned u applied for the business cards an got approved on the phone.
Did u apply today for these cards?
I am having difficulty getting a decision on the phone(due to the volume of applications).
No.

Got a letter with a reference number and the reason was too many cards.......... so I called recon and had nice rep, first he told me that its an automatic letter because they didn't even look into my application so i asked him to do it for me and he did both!!!

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: June 25, 2013, 01:20:42 AM »
had similar with Chase last month (20 "new" cards in past year)-- called the next "night" got approved  after I canceled a SW card -- and then--- 2 weeks later I wanted to redeem sw miles for GC , I found out must have a SW credit card open to redeem   -- got Chase to re open the SW card , went from have to many can not approve ---to re opening a canceled card-- now have even more cards

Gosh.. I just closed my southwest card (moved the credit line to another card)
I have 53k rapid rewards points. Are you saying they're useless without the southwest credit card?

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: June 25, 2013, 01:23:43 AM »
In my horrible experience, HUCA doesn't really work as they just say that: "I see that this has been reviewed and denied today etc" ad nauseum.
Felt like im talking to barclay.
As i said before, chase took a nice lesson from barclay.... people are still in denial but thats what more and more ppl starting to realize !!
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline wierdal832

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: June 25, 2013, 01:36:07 AM »
I have 53k rapid rewards points. Are you saying they're useless without the southwest credit card?

the points are NOT useless.  They are in your sw account so it doesn't make a dif if you have the card or not. Your points are safe

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: June 25, 2013, 01:40:24 AM »
What has happened to Chase?

2 days ago I did a 4bm for Personal Sapphire, Personal United, Business Ink Bold, and Business United.
The two personal cards were instantly approved.
Today I called to check on the status of the two business apps. I was told one was denied and the other is in review.
I tried to get either one approved and was told firmly that since I applied and was approved for two other personal cards, they can't approve either of the two business cards. I tried explaining that those were personal not business cards, to no avail. I offered to shift credit from an existing business card, also to no avail.
I HUCA'd and met with the same resistance.
I HUCA'd again and was told that the notes say I already called twice!

I never met such resistance from Chase.

Any ideas? Is this the new normal?
Thanks.

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:07 AM »
You took that quote out of context. SPLP said he wanted to redeem for gc's - which can only be done while the card is open.
I believe he is correct.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »
What has happened to Chase?

2 days ago I did a 4bm for Personal Sapphire, Personal United, Business Ink Bold, and Business United.
The two personal cards were instantly approved.
Today I called to check on the status of the two business apps. I was told one was denied and the other is in review.
I tried to get either one approved and was told firmly that since I applied and was approved for two other personal cards, they can't approve either of the two business cards. I tried explaining that those were personal not business cards, to no avail. I offered to shift credit from an existing business card, also to no avail.
I HUCA'd and met with the same resistance.
I HUCA'd again and was told that the notes say I already called twice!

I never met such resistance from Chase.

Any ideas? Is this the new normal?
Thanks.
+1   But there is still some ppl saying that chase is not barclay style.... as i said before chase learned something from barclay....   i think the best way to go is, when u see the rep is not willing to approve u the first min just nock down the phone right away, so she is not getting a chanse to write down the notes, so u have what to call again... otherwise HUCA is more less worthless.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline metziah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: June 25, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »
You should be able to book tickets just not gc or products

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
Has anyone succeeded in getting one of their Small Business Week applications that were initially denied approved or is everyone just being told it's in review?

EMES

« Reply #3310 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »
In my horrible experience, HUCA doesn't really work as they just say that: "I see that this has been reviewed and denied today etc" ad nauseum.
Felt like im talking to barclay.
+1

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: June 25, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
As i said before, chase took a nice lesson from barclay.... people are still in denial but thats what more and more ppl starting to realize !!

I called a week before the chase small biz promo, and business was as usual. Now because of the promo, they are flooded and do things out of the ordinary. I would wait with my call until next week.

Until now I never had an issue to shift CL as my exposure is at its peak with them (about 120K CL, 100K biz and 20K personal). I always start the call with I am not going to make this hard for you, I just need to shift from here to here or close this and move CL over", they all appreciate it and I always BH got approved. It's also worth noting that my business account is with them, which I'm sure makes it better looking (they actually told me once that they see it).

Offline YakovT

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: June 25, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
Applied for ib, ip, mp biz. only got ib approved thru recon.

huca'd 3 times for the other 2 but no luck. tried everything. they say no b/c of limited history and they just gave me the bold. only have 6 months history with chase and 2 yrs with boa. time to give up?

Offline itsyehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: June 25, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »

HUCA doesn't mean call six hundred times in one day. And relax. Use the thirty days to your advantage.

If there is any truth to what you're lamenting about, it may be because of all the incessant pestering from HUCA fanatics.
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: June 25, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
HUCA doesn't mean call six hundred times in one day. And relax. Use the thirty days to your advantage.

If there is any truth to what you're lamenting about, it may be because of all the incessant pestering from HUCA fanatics.

+1

I've HUCAed probably 40+ times in the past 3 years.  Only two times did I HUCA on the same day.  It's totally unneccesary unless you waited until day 30 to call.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
+1

I've HUCAed probably 40+ times in the past 3 years.  Only two times did I HUCA on the same day.  It's totally unneccesary unless you waited until day 30 to call.

Somebody told me to call "personal" lending services, and they transfer to "biz", which worked for him, so I tried same thing, and this guy was very angry..."Didn't you call in a couple of days ago,and was told to wait..." This trick might work if you never called before, and weren't told to wait. YMMV.

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
What's with all the noobs who are spamming Chase with multiple HUCA in one day and then complaining it's not working?

Be patient!

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:38 PM »
I was thinking of waiting till things settle down a bit at Chase to HUCA but recon will probably be mobbed for the next 30 days anyway so  there's probably no point.

Offline EMceeME

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kotel Plaza Lifetime Gold
« Reply #3318 on: June 25, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
I completely agree with you, I got 2 inks and got denied for UA, I have zero chance of getting approved with HUCA due to chase drowning in noob calls. Gotta be satisfied with what I got.
"I don't ask if it can be done, I ask if it should be done."

-The Alter from Kelm

Offline bem684

• View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 25, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »
I was thinking of waiting till things settle down a bit at Chase to HUCA but recon will probably be mobbed for the next 30 days anyway so  there's probably no point.

I bet it will settle down by the end of this week.  Most people who get rejected don't even HUCA, and those that do will either get approved or give up.  You don't lose anything by waiting another week, but you have a potential gain in the form of happier CSRs.