Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2398387 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3880 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
no it's a ba
You should be fine. IME when you are getting a card affiliated with a different rewards program say United or BA they will say 2 weeks until they create a account number for you.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: September 30, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »
CUS will not see your approved until a account number is created for you, however recon. dept should be able to verify that you are approved.

Offline mr. perfect

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 02, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
I just called recon about united and shappire  that was pending (i didn't have the reference number to ask about only one ) and she said she can only do one by shifting cl . And she will have to lower the total credit from 73 k to 60 . And the she did that and then she said she will have to send it for final review ( or some thing ) which will take 24 to 48 .      does any one have any experince  with that final review thing ?     Also what would be if I just told here I don't want here taking my credit away  and hang up (and call later ) would she take it away any ways ?
be smart and don't mess things up please

Offline mr. perfect

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 02, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
any one ?
be smart and don't mess things up please

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #3884 on: October 02, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
any one ?
Your supposed to wait 3 days before reasking your question. In reference to your question if you tell her you don't want any taken away she wouldn't be able to.

Offline Shmulyg

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: October 02, 2013, 11:59:34 PM »
Your supposed to wait 3 days before reasking your question.
And where is that written?

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: October 07, 2013, 02:21:23 PM »
I opened my first Chase case in July - SW consumer.

A few weeks ago I did a 2BM - got SP, rejected for BA. Called recon, they shifted credit and approved BA.

Then 2 weeks ago I tried a 4BM - SW biz, Hyatt, Marriot, United - rejected for all 4. After much HUCA (see story at bottom of page http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/22047 if interested), got approved for SW biz.

My problem is, that every recon for the other 3 cards ends in "Too many apps, too new of a Chase customer." They even said that if they would lower one of my existing cards below 5000 limit (which they're all at) they still won't approve a new card.

Should I just use the cards and little and call back once 30 days pass on the SP and BA (but before my recon period of 30 days passes) or do I just need more HUCA?

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: October 07, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »
Have fun getting A/Aed because you don't know the meaning of restraint or starting slow.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: October 07, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »
Thanks for the advice. (Not sarcastic)

Offline Redbull3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3889 on: October 07, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
Thanks for the advice. (Not sarcastic)

I read your long comment from main site and agree with compddd. It's worth starting slow with chase and showing restraint each time. "They" (reps/supervisors) clearly do have the power to override rejections and give approvals whenever they want (as evidenced by supervisor giving you SW biz). But they also have guidelines and policies about when to make such judgement calls. And while no one can tell you that you 100% won't be able to get a 4bm a week after a 2bm a couple of months after a 1bm, the likelihood is you won't get your first 7 chase cards in the first 3 months with your relationship with them.

I think you made out pretty well getting the SW biz and should chill for a bit.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: October 07, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
I read your long comment from main site and agree with compddd. It's worth starting slow with chase and showing restraint each time. "They" (reps/supervisors) clearly do have the power to override rejections and give approvals whenever they want (as evidenced by supervisor giving you SW biz). But they also have guidelines and policies about when to make such judgement calls. And while no one can tell you that you 100% won't be able to get a 4bm a week after a 2bm a couple of months after a 1bm, the likelihood is you won't get your first 7 chase cards in the first 3 months with your relationship with them.

I think you made out pretty well getting the SW biz and should chill for a bit.

Thanks for reading the whole story! I appreciate both of your experience and advice. I think I will definitely take it. I was hoping to load up for a nice long summer vacation next summer, so I got into all this (especially for the SW companion pass - which I clearly messed up b/c it's only going to last me thru 2014, not 2015 - oh well) but you guys are right, I should relax with them a bit. Do you think I should totally chill, or going for AMEX/Citi is totally different?

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: October 07, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
Thanks for reading the whole story! I appreciate both of your experience and advice. I think I will definitely take it. I was hoping to load up for a nice long summer vacation next summer, so I got into all this (especially for the SW companion pass - which I clearly messed up b/c it's only going to last me thru 2014, not 2015 - oh well) but you guys are right, I should relax with them a bit. Do you think I should totally chill, or going for AMEX/Citi is totally different?
You still have time to do another round of apps to get your vacation.

Plan out where you want to go and stay, along with which miles you need. This way you will know which cards and points you will need to accrue.
You may want to "lay low" for a few months and build a relationship with Chase. In a few months you can go for an AOR. I would say to wait 3+ months.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »
Leave them for your next AOR. They will see 3 pulls in the last 3 months + 5 new accounts... no go..

Offline Ephcc90

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: October 07, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »
I applied for my wife about 3 months ago and was successful with a 2bm for sp and united (first chase cards).  I then applied about a month and a half ago for ip and united business but was unable to push it through despite a few huca and sms (i know I didn't wait long enough:(). When could I apply again for the business cards? If I hadn't applied in the interim I should be fine but now that I did I'm not sure... Any advice?

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: October 07, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »
I applied for my wife about 3 months ago and was successful with a 2bm for sp and united (first chase cards).  I then applied about a month and a half ago for ip and united business but was unable to push it through despite a few huca and sms (i know I didn't wait long enough:(). When could I apply again for the business cards? If I hadn't applied in the interim I should be fine but now that I did I'm not sure... Any advice?
Business is different than personal. What was the reason for decline the cards?
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Ephcc90

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: October 07, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »

Business is different than personal. What was the reason for decline the cards?
The usual want to see how I handle the current accounts...

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: October 07, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »
Leave them for your next AOR. They will see 3 pulls in the last 3 months + 5 new accounts... no go..
You still have time to do another round of apps to get your vacation.

Plan out where you want to go and stay, along with which miles you need. This way you will know which cards and points you will need to accrue.
You may want to "lay low" for a few months and build a relationship with Chase. In a few months you can go for an AOR. I would say to wait 3+ months.
Okay, thanks guys. I guess a few months researching where I want to go, which points I'd need and which cards are offering the right bonuses can't hurt.
So, Lifetime members and guys like Dan are not applying for new cards every week? Or does it work at that point b/c you have so much history with the banks?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: October 07, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »
Okay, thanks guys. I guess a few months researching where I want to go, which points I'd need and which cards are offering the right bonuses can't hurt.
So, Lifetime members and guys like Dan are not applying for new cards every week? Or does it work at that point b/c you have so much history with the banks?
That's a tough question..... Don't think everyone is applying for new cards every week.... You have to know how to play this game safe then your good to go I would say doing AOR every 4+ months is not a problem for a lifetime member :P

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: October 07, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
I don't think any bank wants to see you switching cards so often. You need to find the right timing for yourself. It can also be that people are applying for others, making it seem like every week, but it is with different SS numbers.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3899 on: October 07, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Lol, I was approved for 18 new cards just last week  :D
#12BM
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.