Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374274 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #3980 on: October 14, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
Yes, they said that it will be forwarded to the right person.. But maybe if I send it to the right department from the beginning, I'll get a quicker response

No, that's how it works. I am assuming the response said they would reply within 7 Business days? Just sit tight.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: October 14, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »
YMMV. However you can try asking them not to pull again.
Thanks!

Offline yudel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: October 14, 2013, 02:44:16 PM »
I applied for 2 biz cards (united and SW), denied on both on the grounds that I already had 2 open INK cards. Tried recon they said nothing they can do "It's a new direction we're taking in Chase" no reason for me to have more biz cards, no we're not going to transfer cl.
Called again said my 2 ink's  are MC and I really need a visa. He looked like he might approve but then came back with same line "you have enough cards" I offered to close a card and he said he can't cuz I have a balance.
He did indicate that if I zero out the balance then he could probably close the card and approve the visa...

What do you think?
Should I HUCA? SM? zero out and call back?

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »
I applied for 2 biz cards (united and SW), denied on both on the grounds that I already had 2 open INK cards. Tried recon they said nothing they can do "It's a new direction we're taking in Chase" no reason for me to have more biz cards, no we're not going to transfer cl.
Called again said my 2 ink's  are MC and I really need a visa. He looked like he might approve but then came back with same line "you have enough cards" I offered to close a card and he said he can't cuz I have a balance.
He did indicate that if I zero out the balance then he could probably close the card and approve the visa...

What do you think?

Zero out and call back. SM if HUCA'ing a few times doesn't work.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: October 14, 2013, 03:32:35 PM »

What do you think?

Hmmmm is this affiliated with the new A/A gesheft?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline ice man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: October 14, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »
No, that's how it works. I am assuming the response said they would reply within 7 Business days? Just sit tight.
Ya, OK..I just dont want it to hit 30 days

Offline itsyehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: October 15, 2013, 05:18:24 PM »
So the recon rep is using the term "Card Cap" saying I can only have two new accounts within a thirty day period. They're willing to give me the card I'm reconning for if I close one of the two I already got.

I'm going to HUCA again, and SM if necessary. Has anyone heard them use this specific term before? And is there a good way to get around other than hang up and call at a late hour / weekend?
I remember when a coke was a nickel, and you could buy VRs in OD.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: October 15, 2013, 08:01:35 PM »
So the recon rep is using the term "Card Cap" saying I can only have two new accounts within a thirty day period. They're willing to give me the card I'm reconning for if I close one of the two I already got.

I'm going to HUCA again, and SM if necessary. Has anyone heard them use this specific term before? And is there a good way to get around other than hang up and call at a late hour / weekend?
When you reconsider a application your 30 day cycle that the applications are staying in their system starts again, once your 30 days after getting the first 2 applications is over call recon and get the 3'rd approved.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: October 16, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »

2 cards in 30 days is classic Chase talk. Was the first time I learned the power of HUCA.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: October 17, 2013, 01:53:11 PM »
Is there any reason not to just hit the spending threshold on a card and then close it in order to get a different card approved? And, do you need to wait for the miles to post before closing the card?

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
Is there any reason not to just hit the spending threshold on a card and then close it in order to get a different card approved? And, do you need to wait for the miles to post before closing the card?
Its a very good idea. 
And calm down a bit... Yeah you can churn but not every week, don't close right after opening, and don't open right after closing....

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
If you do it very often the banks will be more hesitant to give you a card. Though this is what people who are churning cards are doing.

Better to wait till they post.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: October 17, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »
Its a very good idea. 
And calm down a bit... Yeah you can churn but not every week, don't close right after opening, and don't open right after closing....

If you do it very often the banks will be more hesitant to give you a card. Though this is what people who are churning cards are doing.

Better to wait till they post.

Okay, I'll wait. I'm not trying to do it for churning. (At least not yet.) I'm referring to closing it b/c the recon rep gave the classic "2 cards per 30 days speech" and the option he gave was closing one of the ones I had open in order to approve the pending one.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: October 17, 2013, 02:04:12 PM »
Okay, I'll wait. I'm not trying to do it for churning. (At least not yet.) I'm referring to closing it b/c the recon rep gave the classic "2 cards per 30 days speech" and the option he gave was closing one of the ones I had open in order to approve the pending one.
HUCA
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: October 17, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
HUCA

Right obvs. I just don't really know what use I have for the BA once I get the 50K. So I figured if HUCA resulted in the same speech, I would offer to close BA.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: October 17, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »
Right obvs. I just don't really know what use I have for the BA once I get the 50K. So I figured if HUCA resulted in the same speech, I would offer to close BA.
If you get the points already, go for it. But if you close it before you get the points, YMMV.

If you met the spend and already paid it, try calling and asking them to post it prior to statement closing.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Super Speed

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #3996 on: October 17, 2013, 02:25:52 PM »
If you get the points already, go for it. But if you close it before you get the points, YMMV.

If you met the spend and already paid it, try calling and asking them to post it prior to statement closing.
Firstly I have never received points if I closed. Before a statement closed and secondly Chase doesn't have that option of making the points available earlier.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: October 17, 2013, 02:34:07 PM »
Why not extend the 30 days that the application stays in the system through reconsideration, then after your point are in your BA account just close the card.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: October 17, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »
Firstly I have never received points if I closed. Before a statement closed and secondly Chase doesn't have that option of making the points available earlier.

Why not extend the 30 days that the application stays in the system through reconsideration, then after your point are in your BA account just close the card.

Oh yeah, I can definitely wait until the statement closes and points post. I guess I was just asking if it was a guaranteed thing to get the points even if you close the card. (Clearly, it's not guaranteed.) The other aspect of my Q was if there was a reason for me to actually keep the card and use it. Seems like there are better point systems for everyday purchases than 1.25 avios/dollar.

Offline @Yehuda

• View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: October 17, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »

2 cards in 30 days is classic Chase talk. Was the first time I learned the power of HUCA.

Ok, so I just got the "2 cards in 30 days" shpiel on 4 HUCAs in a row. I'm starting to think I've hit my limit. I mean I definitely have 4 cards in the past 30 days, but lets not tell our friendly CSR that.  8)