Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2374148 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #5820 on: July 07, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
B'H I just had my first HUCA success.
I had applied for 4 Chase cards in early June (Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Ink Plus and SW RR Premier Personal), and got those all approved easily.
On 6/30, I applied for Chase SW Premier BUSINESS, thinking that the 50K offer might disappear the next day. I called today, spent a fair amount of time speaking with an agent, but was declined, and confirmed that status by calling the "status line" (from the wiki). Reason for decline was too many applications within 30d...advised to wait a while (maybe a few months, but couldn't give me specific advice.)
I was dejected, but thanks to all the encouraging words here about HUCA, I decided to call and try again.
I got another agent, came right out and told him I had spoken with another agent earlier, explained that although I had applied for mulitiple cards in the past month, I only had one other business card, and I specifically need the SW business card because I hope to be expanding my business in the coming year and anticipate considerable flights on SW (all true).
He took some time off to review, came back, asked me some revenue questions and anticipated spending questions (same ones I got when I applied for the first business card), and then came back and congratulated me, with a $5k credit line no less.
The moral of the story:  follow the advice of all the smart people here, and HUCA.
Thank you all. ;D

p.s. I earlier posted my question about whether I should HUCA or not in the SW thread.  Should I just delete that post now? (I think it was the wrong place.)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:42 PM »
I had applied for 4 Chase cards in early June (Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, Ink Plus and SW RR Premier Personal), and got those all approved easily.
On 6/30, I applied for Chase SW Premier BUSINESS, thinking that the 50K offer might disappear the next day. I called today, spent a fair amount of time speaking with an agent, but was declined, and confirmed that status by calling the "status line" (from the wiki). Reason for decline was too many applications within 30d...advised to wait a while (maybe a few months, but couldn't give me specific advice.)
I was dejected, but thanks to all the encouraging words here about HUCA, I decided to call and try again.
I got another agent, came right out and told him I had spoken with another agent earlier, explained that although I had applied for mulitiple cards in the past month, I only had one other business card, and I specifically need the SW business card because I hope to be expanding my business in the coming year and anticipate considerable flights on SW (all true).
He took some time off to review, came back, asked me some revenue questions and anticipated spending questions (same ones I got when I applied for the first business card), and then came back and congratulated me, with a $5k credit line no less.
The moral of the story:  follow the advice of all the smart people here, and HUCA.
Thank you all. ;D

p.s. I earlier posted my question about whether I should HUCA or not in the SW thread.  Should I just delete that post now? (I think it was the wrong place.)
Congrats. It might be too late to delete the post. Only have a certain amount of time.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: July 07, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
Recon has really tightened the leash on their representatives. I have HUCAd many times now to push through a Sapphire after getting approved for a Freedom and United in a 3bm but to no avail. they keep repeating the same BS about not being able to approve more than 2 cards in 30 days >:(. I told them that my spouse was approved for all 3 to which they applies "that must have been a fluke". ANY ADVICE???
That's nothing new. They've been rattling off that nonsense for a long time already.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: July 07, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
Congrats :)
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #5824 on: July 14, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »
Was just successful pushing through 3 personal cards in same day. First approved immediately, second took one call, third 4 HUCAs.
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline compddd

• View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:31 PM »
Congrats Smokey Joe!

Offline mordyl19

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • Work Website
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold,
« Reply #5826 on: July 17, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
First time 2BM and first time HUCA. Was denied for both Ink Plus and Ink Bold, with the help and direction of DDF Joey123 had a total of 5 calls to chase business recon.

1st time denied for both cards, 2nd time Ink Plus approved by moving a credit line but Ink bold Denied, 3rd time denied, 4th time denied, Finally 5th time Ink Bold Approved.

Will be receiving both cards shortly as well as the 50k bonuses for each.

I am not 100% sure about this. But I am going to click it anyway.

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #5827 on: July 17, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »

First time 2BM and first time HUCA. Was denied for both Ink Plus and Ink Bold, with the help and direction of DDF Joey123 had a total of 5 calls to chase business recon.

1st time denied for both cards, 2nd time Ink Plus approved by moving a credit line but Ink bold Denied, 3rd time denied, 4th time denied, Finally 5th time Ink Bold Approved.

Will be receiving both cards shortly as well as the 50k bonuses for each.
Well done!

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: July 17, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
Was just successful pushing through 3 personal cards in same day. First approved immediately, second took one call, third 4 HUCAs.
Wow, what topic did u use to distract them ?

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: July 17, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »
Thank you all. ;D

I hope this works for me. I just did a 3bm two weeks ago. I got my amex no problem but was rejected for both my southwest premier and southwest business. I called reconsideration for the SW premier and was told the reason I was rejected was because I applied for two cards at the same time. After shifting a credit line I was approved.

I then called the business line and after a long talk was told that my business was too new and that I got my ink bold to recently (back in March). Any advice? I would love to have the second southwest so I can get the 100k miles.

Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline sm8542

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: July 18, 2014, 12:21:22 AM »
M'kasket in m'HUCA'd in mgeit a karahud (avrum frieda)

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: July 18, 2014, 01:24:04 AM »
I hope this works for me. I just did a 3bm two weeks ago. I got my amex no problem but was rejected for both my southwest premier and southwest business. I called reconsideration for the SW premier and was told the reason I was rejected was because I applied for two cards at the same time. After shifting a credit line I was approved.

I then called the business line and after a long talk was told that my business was too new and that I got my ink bold to recently (back in March). Any advice? I would love to have the second southwest so I can get the 100k miles.
shift credit again. 'I don't want any more credit from Chase. But I need a 2nd card to separate spending. (inventory vs biz expenses,....)'
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Mountain Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: July 18, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »
shift credit again. 'I don't want any more credit from Chase. But I need a 2nd card to separate spending. (inventory vs biz expenses,....)'

I tried that. I called once and did a HUCA. Both reps said that I have too many new chase credit cards in the past year (only 2). They also said that my company is too new, my chase ink bold hasn't been around long enough to establish a payment history (3 months) and that my company isn't earning enough ( I said roughly $8,000).

I'd like to call again tomorrow. I'm just not exactly sure what to say to change the mind of the third rep who will know I already called twice. Should I reiterate I'm being conservative in my assumptions? If I keep calling is there any penalty to my other cards? Will it do any good? Thanks in advance.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: July 18, 2014, 02:07:40 AM »
I tried that. I called once and did a HUCA. Both reps said that I have too many new chase credit cards in the past year (only 2). They also said that my company is too new, my chase ink bold hasn't been around long enough to establish a payment history (3 months) and that my company isn't earning enough ( I said roughly $8,000).

I'd like to call again tomorrow. I'm just not exactly sure what to say to change the mind of the third rep who will know I already called twice. Should I reiterate I'm being conservative in my assumptions? If I keep calling is there any penalty to my other cards? Will it do any good? Thanks in advance.
Keep calling. Nothing to lose. There's no penalty to your other cards.

Offline mordyl19

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • Work Website
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold,
« Reply #5834 on: July 18, 2014, 11:28:12 AM »

I did a 2bm yesterday of the Bold and Plus. I ran into a similar situation of the company is too new and not enough revenue.... However after calling 5 times and kept reiterating my great credit, my other chase cards in great standing, this is a complement to my business, it would really allow me to expand, I understand its a new biz but businesses need to start somewhere....yada yada yada i have both approved. Also maybe spread your call times out by an hour or so that might help.
I am not 100% sure about this. But I am going to click it anyway.

Offline Mountain Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: July 20, 2014, 04:20:43 PM »
I did a 2bm yesterday of the Bold and Plus. I ran into a similar situation of the company is too new and not enough revenue.... However after calling 5 times and kept reiterating my great credit, my other chase cards in great standing, this is a complement to my business, it would really allow me to expand, I understand its a new biz but businesses need to start somewhere....yada yada yada i have both approved. Also maybe spread your call times out by an hour or so that might help.

So I tried another call on Friday and thought I was getting somewhere but didn't. I'll try another call on Monday. I really want to get a companion pass  >:(.

As a side note my wife got an offer from Southwest for 50,000 points plus a $50 statement credit. I wonder would the points be able to post to my rapid rewards if I'm a secondary card holder and could I get them to match the $50 for the southwest card I was accepted for?

Offline Super Speed

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis First, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum.
« Reply #5836 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:45 PM »
So I tried another call on Friday and thought I was getting somewhere but didn't. I'll try another call on Monday. I really want to get a companion pass  >:(.

As a side note my wife got an offer from Southwest for 50,000 points plus a $50 statement credit. I wonder would the points be able to post to my rapid rewards if I'm a secondary card holder and could I get them to match the $50 for the southwest card I was accepted for?
You can try to get matched but you won't be able to have your wifes points post to your account.

Offline zlt123

• View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: July 22, 2014, 09:32:25 AM »
did anyone have any recent sucsess in recon to get the sapphire visa aproved if they currently have the MC

Offline sammy n

• View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:10 AM »

did anyone have any recent sucsess in recon to get the sapphire visa aproved if they currently have the MC
I did Abt 4 months ago.

Offline zlt123

• View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »
what did you tell tham? i tried HUCA 5-6 times they all read the notes and all say the same it is impossible to have both. Dis they let you keep the MC? i even tried by closing another card and shifting over the credit but it didnt help.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:43:13 AM by zlt123 »