Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2397067 times)

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6120 on: September 02, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »
Having a bad so far, 3 declined!
oy! I'm not one to give advice but you have my sympathy for sure!
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline yudamaan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:06 PM »
I applied today for sp and ue, for the sp I had to verify info and was then approved but my ue card was pending so I called up and they approved it for me but when I check the status of my apps it only says that the sp is approved and the ue is still pending is that normal? I'm pretty new to chase

Offline Novo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase A/A, Amex F/R, Citi A/A. Hertz DNR.
« Reply #6122 on: September 02, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »
I applied today for sp and ue, for the sp I had to verify info and was then approved but my ue card was pending so I called up and they approved it for me but when I check the status of my apps it only says that the sp is approved and the ue is still pending is that normal? I'm pretty new to chase
The pending is because it takes time for them to set up the card with the FF account.
Don't worry, you're good.
I try my best :-\
Quote from: Centro
If you wanna go fast, go alone
If you wanna go far, go together

Offline sm8542

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: September 02, 2014, 03:17:20 PM »
NO till 30 days u can huca away!
but they having notes that they reconsidered it already and don't want to start to look over again

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: September 02, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »
but they having notes that they reconsidered it already and don't want to start to look over again
HUCA: Hang Up Call Again.
A different agent should treat u differently, some are rude and some are really nice!

Offline tageed-lee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: September 02, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »

I usually tell the next agent that i was told to gather more information and call back... Works most of the time... :D

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: September 02, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
I usually tell the next agent that i was told to gather more information and call back... Works most of the time... :D
Not bad! "Gather more information" like what?

Offline avadah

• View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: September 02, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
Someone mentioned upthread that whenever you call recon it extends the application for another 30 days. Can anyone else verify this?

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »
Someone mentioned upthread that whenever you call recon it extends the application for another 30 days. Can anyone else verify this?

It did for me back in April.

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: September 02, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »
Instead of doing a 3BM, I tried a different route.

I applied just for my wife for UA, got pending, called and they just wanted to verify a few transactions on another card and then approved! b"h

Typing this as I'm on the phone and each stage progresses...

Then, I applied for SP, got pending, called and found out that the downgrade I did to my SP yesterday didn't kick in yet, so the app was declined for having the same card already. Frustrating bc last time I did this, it was downgraded the next day and this time I even called first to ask if my card was currently an SP or a regular and they told me regular. Yet, the app system still picked up on me having the same card. Got awkward when the rep asked why I downgraded a card and then applied for that same card the next day. Said that I wanted to still try out the card but didn't want to deal with the AF yet (yeah, not a great answer) and then she rocked me by saying that I only opened my first SP in April so the AF wouldn't hit for a few months still. I gave another "eh" answer by saying that I'm very nervous and OCD with my credit cards and just wanted to extend the length I have to try out this card w/o an AF. So she started reviewing, then got back on the phone and said she needs to pull my CR because the first app never even processed so they haven't pulled yet. I said okay (because that should still be only 1 visible pull on CR today from Chase). Came back on the phone and said I have too many cards or credit or something and then OFFERED to close a card for me - specifically the regular Sapphire that we were just talking about! lol Then she got back on the phone and told me she can't close the Sapphire because I have points in the account - ARGH! Another lesson learned today, etech - get your Chase points into a different account before closing (I just didn't realize she would ask me to close a card). So, I said let me go online and see if I can transfer them now into my Freedom and if that will show up in your system. I did that and gave her the confirmation number of the transfer over the phone. Then she transferred me to fraud verification. Fraud team kept me on hold for a while then came back to verify almost the same details about my Freedom card that they verified with my UA app. Regular rep got back on the phone and in a few minutes, approved me! b"h

Then, I applied for BA, got pending, called and was told they need the fraud verification team again. Again, they asked questions about my Freedom card. But, this time they also want me to fax over a copy of my driver's license :( Had to deal with that before and it's just annoying because first a rep gets it and scans it into their system and then they review it in the order received, so it could take a few days. But, otherwise it looks like that one may get approved.

So... I would say this worked better than the traditional 3BM. I did submit each app in a new browser just to avoid duplicate apps but again, I applied then called then applied then called, etc. 100K-150K points in one day, not bad! :)

PS If I had to guess, the need for verification on all 3 cards today might have been due to the fact that my wife's Chase account had a fraud issue on it a few months ago.
Wow, impressive. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: September 02, 2014, 09:41:12 PM »
Instead of doing a 3BM, I tried a different route.

I applied just for my wife for UA, got pending, called and they just wanted to verify a few transactions on another card and then approved! b"h

Typing this as I'm on the phone and each stage progresses...

Then, I applied for SP, got pending, called and found out that the downgrade I did to my SP yesterday didn't kick in yet, so the app was declined for having the same card already. Frustrating bc last time I did this, it was downgraded the next day and this time I even called first to ask if my card was currently an SP or a regular and they told me regular. Yet, the app system still picked up on me having the same card. Got awkward when the rep asked why I downgraded a card and then applied for that same card the next day. Said that I wanted to still try out the card but didn't want to deal with the AF yet (yeah, not a great answer) and then she rocked me by saying that I only opened my first SP in April so the AF wouldn't hit for a few months still. I gave another "eh" answer by saying that I'm very nervous and OCD with my credit cards and just wanted to extend the length I have to try out this card w/o an AF. So she started reviewing, then got back on the phone and said she needs to pull my CR because the first app never even processed so they haven't pulled yet. I said okay (because that should still be only 1 visible pull on CR today from Chase). Came back on the phone and said I have too many cards or credit or something and then OFFERED to close a card for me - specifically the regular Sapphire that we were just talking about! lol Then she got back on the phone and told me she can't close the Sapphire because I have points in the account - ARGH! Another lesson learned today, etech - get your Chase points into a different account before closing (I just didn't realize she would ask me to close a card). So, I said let me go online and see if I can transfer them now into my Freedom and if that will show up in your system. I did that and gave her the confirmation number of the transfer over the phone. Then she transferred me to fraud verification. Fraud team kept me on hold for a while then came back to verify almost the same details about my Freedom card that they verified with my UA app. Regular rep got back on the phone and in a few minutes, approved me! b"h

Then, I applied for BA, got pending, called and was told they need the fraud verification team again. Again, they asked questions about my Freedom card. But, this time they also want me to fax over a copy of my driver's license :( Had to deal with that before and it's just annoying because first a rep gets it and scans it into their system and then they review it in the order received, so it could take a few days. But, otherwise it looks like that one may get approved.

So... I would say this worked better than the traditional 3BM. I did submit each app in a new browser just to avoid duplicate apps but again, I applied then called then applied then called, etc. 100K-150K points in one day, not bad! :)

PS If I had to guess, the need for verification on all 3 cards today might have been due to the fact that my wife's Chase account had a fraud issue on it a few months ago.
Wow! Really impressive!
Can u confirm that u only had one pull?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
Can u confirm that u only had one pull?
Was wondering the same.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:32 PM »
I can try to check tomorrow or the next day. Would want to give it time to make sure it shows up properly. (Not sure how long till pulls show up.)

Thanks Yehoshua and clearthinker. It was very satisfying after several failed XBMs during my last round.

Offline tageed-lee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: September 02, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
Just did a "traditional" 3BM for my wife. Part of a 6 card AOR.

I called Recon and the rep. was going to send an approval to the "higher ups" for a pending 5k approval on the Sapphire.
Instead of waiting and worrying etc. I just asked her to move 5k from a diff card and approve it, which she did without any issue.
I will definitely call back for the other 2....       
3 out of 6 and counting.....   :)

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: September 03, 2014, 03:31:30 PM »
Does the ba card have a minimum of 5k cl?

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: September 03, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
So, this is my Experian CR. Does that make you happy? It sure makes me happy. :-)

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »
So, this is my Experian CR. Does that make you happy? It sure makes me happy. :-)

Wow! That's great!

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: September 03, 2014, 04:04:44 PM »
Does the ba card have a minimum of 5k cl?
$2k
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline clear thinker

• View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: September 03, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »

Offline NYHeel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: September 03, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »

Where do you get your Experian credit report? I see my Transunion FICO under Discover and Barclay's site and I can get the report via Credit Karma but how do I get the Experian one?