Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2413139 times)

Offline yoss6400

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AAdvantage,sapfire,freedom,marriott, hertz, avis, united
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #6600 on: October 25, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »
You might get mixed responses.. But if you've already been A/A'ed play it safe and lower the CL

should i send s sm to lower or call
"Credit Cards delaying arguments for 30 Days"

Offline DoGo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: October 27, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
(Update: approved for United , not Ink) After a bunch of HUCAs all i can get is that when the United card (16k spend) is linked it will generate, and then they can close it and approve the Ink (for 5k spend).
Update - I mentioned today that I was told they may be able to shift some credit from United... sure enough they took 5k and approved with expedited ship! Never give up...

Offline shauly

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: October 27, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with calling recon being detrimental towards approvals?

My wife and I have very similar credit histories. Both are relatively short. We both had AU cards for a few years, but only started getting our own cards about a year ago. She had a collections from before we were married (wasn't on the resume..). Every card I've opened for myself since I started playing, I've opened for her at the same time. I applied for Inks for us, both for internet related businesses (side point- several reps told me internet business are viewed as higher risk and are less likely to be approved, so much so that one told me that 98 out of 100 people who call in with my identical business would be declined) with similar incomes, employees, and histories.

Both applications were pending. For mine, I called recon right away, and I got grilled about every aspect of my business before ultimately being declined for the business being too new. Numerous HUCAs including offers to close cards or shift credit didn't help, nor did an SM (waited 6 days for the response that I should call their phone support for better service, thanks guys). Okay, fine, maybe I'm not ready for the Ink yet, and I'm okay with that. But then my wife got an email that she was approved.

So basically my point is, by calling recon I opened myself up to a whole lot more scrutiny, and gave Chase a whole lot more information that they ultimately used to decline me, information that they didn't have for my wife's business. Now I'm sure that a lot of people can pass a recon no problem, and it might be worth it to call in and find out you just have to verify your address instead of waiting two weeks for a letter, but it's worth taking into account that if you are like me and aren't positive you are going to get it approved then maybe it's better to just wait it out..

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: October 27, 2014, 05:48:26 PM »
Update - I mentioned today that I was told they may be able to shift some credit from United... sure enough they took 5k and approved with expedited ship! Never give up...
Can you explain exactly what you did?  Was this a United Business card?  How many cards do you have out right now?  I have called multiple times for recon, and I have been denied for the past 3 months.  They say that they see 8 different cards opened recently.  I asked if I was able to shift CL to the IP from any of my other cards, but they said that that is not possible.  What should I do step by step?   

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: October 27, 2014, 07:13:41 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with calling recon being detrimental towards approvals?

My wife and I have very similar credit histories. Both are relatively short. We both had AU cards for a few years, but only started getting our own cards about a year ago. She had a collections from before we were married (wasn't on the resume..). Every card I've opened for myself since I started playing, I've opened for her at the same time. I applied for Inks for us, both for internet related businesses (side point- several reps told me internet business are viewed as higher risk and are less likely to be approved, so much so that one told me that 98 out of 100 people who call in with my identical business would be declined) with similar incomes, employees, and histories.

Both applications were pending. For mine, I called recon right away, and I got grilled about every aspect of my business before ultimately being declined for the business being too new. Numerous HUCAs including offers to close cards or shift credit didn't help, nor did an SM (waited 6 days for the response that I should call their phone support for better service, thanks guys). Okay, fine, maybe I'm not ready for the Ink yet, and I'm okay with that. But then my wife got an email that she was approved.

So basically my point is, by calling recon I opened myself up to a whole lot more scrutiny, and gave Chase a whole lot more information that they ultimately used to decline me, information that they didn't have for my wife's business. Now I'm sure that a lot of people can pass a recon no problem, and it might be worth it to call in and find out you just have to verify your address instead of waiting two weeks for a letter, but it's worth taking into account that if you are like me and aren't positive you are going to get it approved then maybe it's better to just wait it out..
Good question,

Anyone?

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: October 27, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »
Can you explain exactly what you did?  Was this a United Business card?  How many cards do you have out right now?  I have called multiple times for recon, and I have been denied for the past 3 months.  They say that they see 8 different cards opened recently.  I asked if I was able to shift CL to the IP from any of my other cards, but they said that that is not possible.  What should I do step by step?
its biz card. United gave a very large amount of credit so at first I had someone agree to close my United and instead approve the Ink and notated that as soon as United card generates I should call back.
When I called I mention that  I was told I might be able to Shift credit....

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: October 27, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »

its biz card. United gave a very large amount of credit so at first I had someone agree to close my United and instead approve the Ink and notated that as soon as United card generates I should call back.
When I called I mention that  I was told I might be able to Shift credit....
What do you mean by "generates?" Meeting thresh and getting points OR actually coming into existence?

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: October 27, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
What do you mean by "generates?" Meeting thresh and getting points OR actually coming into existence?
It takes time for it to be connected with United account.

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: October 28, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »

It takes time for it to be connected with United account.
Oic and how does one know when the United card is generated? Is there a notice? Also, did you meet thresh and collect for United to maximize your earning before closing?
And in my case, I've been fighting for an IP for 3 months now. Is there a chance that I would get approved for a United Biz if I can't even get the IP approved? If so, I'd rather apply for UB and if approved, meet the thresh, and close for IP. Is this doable assuming that I am approved for UB?

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: October 28, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »

you make a good point; sometimes it may be worth it to get a decision first

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: October 28, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »

you make a good point; sometimes it may be worth it to get a decision first
If you're okay with another pull. It would be very interesting to see percentages of approvals for people who waited for the decision.

Offline DoGo

• View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
Oic and how does one know when the United card is generated? Is there a notice? Also, did you meet thresh and collect for United to maximize your earning before closing?
And in my case, I've been fighting for an IP for 3 months now. Is there a chance that I would get approved for a United Biz if I can't even get the IP approved? If so, I'd rather apply for UB and if approved, meet the thresh, and close for IP. Is this doable assuming that I am approved for UB?
i didn't end up closing it... Read my posts...
Sorry I don't know what would help you, I was just sharing..

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: October 28, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
After several unsuccessful HUCA's, I tried SM.
In the answer it said:
Please note that we were unable to approve your request.
A letter has been sent which includes more detailed
information.
Does this mean I have another 30 days to work on it? or maybe or they referring to one of the 3 letters I already received about this card.

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: October 28, 2014, 04:38:36 PM »
After several HUCA's and declines, I tried SM.
In the answer it said:Does this mean I have another 30 days to work on it?
yup

Offline eli.f

• View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: October 28, 2014, 04:40:17 PM »
yup
Clarified my question above. Still a 'yup'?

Offline D93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6615 on: October 28, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Clarified my question above. Still a 'yup'?
wait to see if a new letter arrives, if it does, then still a "yup"

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: October 28, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »
Ive done lots of HUCA to get my IP card approved. One time I called back like 20 min after I got denied again and I didnt realize it was the same lady wo denied me and she said "Did'nt I tell you your credit history is too short? Calling again wont help!". Next time I will listen for a name of the rep.

Offline A European

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »

I never called business recon yet, and am up to my 4th card and wife's 1st all approved with out calling...

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #6618 on: October 28, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
Biz recon unsuccessful for the wife on the 70k ink.

Offline daganster

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
« Reply #6619 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »
Biz recon unsuccessful for the wife on the 70k ink.
Did you apply for any other cards?