Author Topic: Be Careful Using Credit Freezing!  (Read 3625 times)

Offline Simonzx

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Be Careful Using Credit Freezing!
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
Hi you all,
Yesterday I received a notification that my Experian credit report was pulled by Citi. When I checked my report, I found that both BoA and Citi pulled my report in the recent two days, which I had no idea of! I called Citi and had them checked if there was anyone trying to use my identity to apply for anything, but they found nothing. I though of freezing my credit report and disputing this with Experian. I was going to apply for CCs these days anyway, so I froze my Experian credit report.

This morning I applied for three CCs as I planned: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Southwest Premier, using the 3-browser method. Then I found something not good. As Chase always pulls Experian (here in FL), now they can't pull it any more. Then there is no chance that I get instant approval. I called the status checking # and the machine said all three cards are under review. The bad thing is, I can't know when they would pull my credit report. It could happen in three separate days..

What should I do now? :'( Any advice will be appreciated.

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Be Careful Using Credit Freezing!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:59:09 PM »
The 3BM has worked together with freezing. And as always: YMMV.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
Freezing makes 3bm much harder to pull off with one pull.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
Hi you all,
Yesterday I received a notification that my Experian credit report was pulled by Citi. When I checked my report, I found that both BoA and Citi pulled my report in the recent two days, which I had no idea of! I called Citi and had them checked if there was anyone trying to use my identity to apply for anything, but they found nothing. I though of freezing my credit report and disputing this with Experian. I was going to apply for CCs these days anyway, so I froze my Experian credit report.

This morning I applied for three CCs as I planned: Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Southwest Premier, using the 3-browser method. Then I found something not good. As Chase always pulls Experian (here in FL), now they can't pull it any more. Then there is no chance that I get instant approval. I called the status checking # and the machine said all three cards are under review. The bad thing is, I can't know when they would pull my credit report. It could happen in three separate days..

What should I do now? :'( Any advice will be appreciated.

Freezing makes 3bm much harder to pull off with one pull.

+1

Per my experience (this week) after freezing EX and EQ the Lander manually switches to TU which results (resulted in my case) in 3 pulls  :'( :'( :'(

What you could still do, is call in recon now, give them your SSN# and ask them to check the status of your applications. Make sure he/she understands you only wanna check the status.

when he/she pulls them up, you can kindly ask to put them aside and totally remove from your file as they were submitted by error.  Then temporarily unfreeze you EX and do the 3BM again.

As per the Chase Lander I spoke with, you can have them remove the application from your file.

Offline yaakov s

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »
IME and its been reported countless times here ( and again in this thread). When you freeze you usually will get multiple pulls as they manually pull your credit for each card.

Offline Simonzx

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

What you could still do, is call in recon now, give them your SSN# and ask them to check the status of your applications. Make sure he/she understands you only wanna check the status.

when he/she pulls them up, you can kindly ask to put them aside and totally remove from your file as they were submitted by error.  Then temporarily unfreeze you EX and do the 3BM again.

As per the Chase Lander I spoke with, you can have them remove the application from your file.

Brilliant! I just called the recon # and had the rep remove all three applications for me. Thank you so much!

I guess I'll have to dispute the pulls from Citi and BoA before I unfreeze Experian and use the 3BM again..

Offline 123ablack

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
Brilliant! I just called the recon # and had the rep remove all three applications for me. Thank you so much!

I guess I'll have to dispute the pulls from Citi and BoA before I unfreeze Experian and use the 3BM again..

Glad I could help.

Make sure to act quickly as the South West card 50k bonus points can be pulled off any time now.

How about asking the pros here if you should rather gamble and apply right after unfreezing... it probably depends on your EX score and how many inquiries you had (besides the 2).

In any case, GOOD LUCK!!

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »

Are you sure they weren't soft pulls?
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 02:41:20 AM »
@Chaikel
+1

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
So if i freeze experian and do a 3bbm with chase , I would get 3 pulls? anyone ?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:19:30 AM by aryeh1 »