Author Topic: Which FF program should I collect miles on if I'm flying Swiss?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Hi all,

I'm thinking of using Swiss for my next flight. Rumor has it that I can collect miles on any *A program, including Continental. Is that true? If yes, should I just collect miles on my CO account, or is Swiss's program better? Also, would such miles count toward earning Elite status with CO, or only miles flown on CO metal count?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Which FF program should I collect miles on if I'm flying Swiss?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »
Hi all,

I'm thinking of using Swiss for my next flight. Rumor has it that I can collect miles on any *A program, including Continental. Is that true? If yes, should I just collect miles on my CO account, or is Swiss's program better? Also, would such miles count toward earning Elite status with CO, or only miles flown on CO metal count?

Sounds like a good idea. My friend just did this (with a birthright ticket mind you), and got 100% miles credited to CO. It seems they count towards status as well.

If you don't have a CO account, set yours up with an Israel address (using this link) and get 5,000 CO miles free.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »
If you don't have a CO account, set yours up with an Israel address (using this link) and get 5,000 CO miles free.

Thanks! Why are they so generous to Israelis? Also, is there any benefit to keeping the Israeli address even after the bonus miles post?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »
Thanks! Why are they so generous to Israelis? Also, is there any benefit to keeping the Israeli address even after the bonus miles post?

There are other countries with that promo as well, I'm not sure how it works. There might be other benefits for flights to EU originating in Israel as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 02:42:50 PM »
I just signed up with an Israeli address, as instructed. I did not see any mention of a 5,000 mile bonus as I was signing up, and now the balance of my new account is 0. Should I be worried?

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
Still no bonus miles... :-( Do I need to give it more time? Or should I give up?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:09 AM »
Still no bonus miles... :-( Do I need to give it more time? Or should I give up?

My friend got the 5k, YMMV. Worst case you still get the miles for the Swiss flights, and CO miles are good to have ;)