Author Topic: Car Accident Question  (Read 4601 times)

Offline DMYD

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Car Accident Question
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »

If the Guy Just ran from the accident, whats stopping him from denying that he hit the car besides if there is witnesses?   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:53:38 AM by Dav »

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 09:48:39 AM »
To answer that question, use the part of your body above your shoulders and below your hair.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bigbadmoish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »
if ypu have the plate number you can call different agencies and see if they insure them, then file a claim. if they dispute it, your not in any worse position than you are now.

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 02:54:56 PM »
I thought about calling companies individually, but really don't have time for that. If I have to, I'd rather leave it to GEICO to do what they do. I just received the Police Report, which had no, additional identifiable info beyond the plate. The PO is off today, so I'll be checking in tomorrow and we'll see if he'll share (my guess is no and that nobody there will provide it).

@AJK, did you have anything specific in mind when you said file a request? An actual form. Do I need any additional standing, or need to reference something particular? Thanks.

Offline bigbadmoish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »
I thought about calling companies individually, but really don't have time for that. If I have to, I'd rather leave it to GEICO to do what they do. I just received the Police Report, which had no, additional identifiable info beyond the plate. The PO is off today, so I'll be checking in tomorrow and we'll see if he'll share (my guess is no and that nobody there will provide it).

@AJK, did you have anything specific in mind when you said file a request? An actual form. Do I need any additional standing, or need to reference something particular? Thanks.
3 phone calls 1-geico 2-allstate 3-statefarm 90+% chance its one of those... keep in mind they may not wish to divulge any info but you can tell them to contact their client and let them know you filed a police report

Offline AJK

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »

Contact the DMV, explain the problem. They should have a form you submit to get his insurance info. Probably good to have the police report.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
Got it: http://www.nj.gov/mvc/pdf/Vehicles/DO-11A.pdf
Ouch. 4-5 weeks to process (don't even care about the $15)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:27:53 PM by shael »

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »
Got it: http://www.nj.gov/mvc/pdf/Vehicles/DO-11A.pdf
Ouch. 4-5 weeks to process (don't even care about the $15)
Not sure you as an individual can file that. Seems like number 6 would be closest but it would have to come from your insurance company
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 03:45:04 PM »
It's #3 and it's confirmed; I can file.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 04:57:35 PM »
It's #3 and it's confirmed; I can file.
Would that fall under "investigation in anticipation of litigation"?
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »
Possibly. But more importantly the woman at Certified Information at the MVC provided this guidance.

Offline shael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »
Update: spoke to the PO. Teaneck detectives don't review these cases. They go to the Traffic Bureau. They investigate at their leisure and will only notify me if the person who hit me admits fault. Otherwise I won't hear from them. They won't provide any contact or insurance info, so working with the DMV (or my insurance co) is my only other recourse.

Online ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 10:59:31 PM »
We decided to buyout the lease on my wife's car. We have all the paperwork back but didn't submit the title transfer to the DMV yet. Today, someone hit my wife's parked car (BH all ok). There is pretty extensive damage and it may even be totaled. Should we still submit the title transfer?

Offline myi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2024, 03:27:49 AM »
We decided to buyout the lease on my wife's car. We have all the paperwork back but didn't submit the title transfer to the DMV yet. Today, someone hit my wife's parked car (BH all ok). There is pretty extensive damage and it may even be totaled. Should we still submit the title transfer?
So for starters, the car was parked. Not sure how insurance agencies go about that.
But on the other hand, you own the vehicle and have insurance on it.  All you're missing is the title in your name. Honestly have an adjuster or whomever come down to access the damage and if they are willing to pay you for thr value of the car or more then see what it takes for them to issue you the check. Do they want you to register the car in your name or will they put it in their name after issuing the check. Honestly it's a question you should be asking them. As you own the car but never had a chance to transfer the docs!
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2024, 09:56:44 AM »
So for starters, the car was parked. Not sure how insurance agencies go about that.
But on the other hand, you own the vehicle and have insurance on it.  All you're missing is the title in your name. Honestly have an adjuster or whomever come down to access the damage and if they are willing to pay you for thr value of the car or more then see what it takes for them to issue you the check. Do they want you to register the car in your name or will they put it in their name after issuing the check. Honestly it's a question you should be asking them. As you own the car but never had a chance to transfer the docs!
thanks. we spoke to our insurance and they have no idea lol. honda said to just send in the documents. realistically, if the car is totaled, we won't get the title back until afterwards.