Topic Wiki

Breakfast no longer free for award stays.

Trip Report by chaim0m

Author Topic: New Points Hotel Jerusalem: TRYP By WYNDHAM  (Read 56285 times)

Offline zow

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: New Points Hotel Jerusalem: TRYP By WYNDHAM
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2017, 10:05:57 PM »
Has anyone been able to book a revenue stay at the TRYP Jerusalem with Visa Checkout? I don't see it a payment option.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2017, 07:05:44 AM »

Offline chaim0m

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2017, 04:45:56 AM »
Hope this is the right place for a review of our 1 night stay at the hotel, didn't feel that it qualified as a TR just a quick getaway.

DW and I decided to take a short vacation for a day and we thought the central location of the hotel would be perfect. Booked 3k+$65 the executive room. We arrived at 4:45pm (check in from 3pm) we noticed the majority of the guests were Israeli not too many tourist maybe because of the time of the year. Check in took a few minutes as there was a line, when it was our turn I asked if I could get an upgrade to the Bat Sheva Suite, I explained that I wrote an email but did not receive a response. The receptionist seemed very nice and spent about 3 minutes clicking away, eventually she said there is one room which is not occupied but for some reason not open for occupancy, she said we could come later and possibly switch given the short nature of our stay we decided to skip that option. about 5pm we go to the room it was clean elegant and had a complimentary bottle of water + some choclates, it was definitely on the small side despite being the biggest room except the suite (according to website 20sqm). There was some issue with bolting the door so we called the desk to fix it, took quite a while for them to come.
The room was on a high floor (8/9) and we had a terrific view from the window (no balcony). As mentioned by @BrooklynCPA the bathroom does not allow for much privacy and the lighting situation is not good for shabbos, the shower was terrific with amazing pressure plus the amenities were very good dead sea products. One thing which we did is to go onto the roof to see the 'historic Jerusalem' view which truly is amazing better than anything I have seen at other hotels, you can see the old city and other directions a real panoramic view of the city, truthfully I would recommend simply going there even if you are not a guest, take the elevator to the 9th floor and you have a fantastic view. The TV is the ususall Israeli garbage with limited options, would recommend bringing your own stuff if you want to watch, you can always connect with an HDMI cable.
In the morning we went to breakfast, the first thing I did was ask to speak to mashgiach, the Arab waiter said he will check, I said is he around and he replied that he was supposed to be but he has a tendency of 'disappearing' (not a good sign IMO), he wasn't there. I spoke with the chef and clarified where the products were from (he was Jewish but did not seem frum). In terms of whether you should eat there ask your LOR I just present to you my experience.
The food was terrific with a great selection of cheeses and cooked items (haloumi skewers)no complaints here, a nice selection of breads etc.
An anecdote - at breakfast if you look at the wall outside there is a beautiful but rather risque quote from sefer shmuel the story of Bat Sheva I guess they took the name seriously...also alluding to the hotels view (in that Dovid Hamelech saw Bat Sheva bathing from his view), make what you want of that...
I am posting a link to my pictures so you can get a sense of what it looks like as well as some of the views (I was not successful in inserting the pictures into the review)
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnumEPNNtPe-hTIaLH6AlXeHCCHe
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:53:03 AM by chaim0m »
travelcm

Offline Live N Learn

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2017, 05:41:30 AM »

I dont give a fork.

How about spoons?
".איזהו חכם, הלומד מכל אדם"

Offline ad120

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2017, 05:54:07 AM »
Hope this is the right place for a review of our 1 night stay at the hotel, didn't feel that it qualified as a TR just a quick getaway.

DW and I decided to take a short vacation for a day and we thought the central location of the hotel would be perfect. Booked 3k+$65 the executive room. We arrived at 4:45pm (check in from 3pm) we noticed the majority of the guests were Israeli not too many tourist maybe because of the time of the year. Check in took a few minutes as there was a line, when it was our turn I asked if I could get an upgrade to the Bat Sheva Suite, I explained that I wrote an email but did not receive a response. The receptionist seemed very nice and spent about 3 minutes clicking away, eventually she said there is one room which is not occupied but for some reason not open for occupancy, she said we could come later and possibly switch given the short nature of our stay we decided to skip that option. about 5pm we go to the room it was clean elegant and had a complimentary bottle of water + some choclates, it was definitely on the small side despite being the biggest room except the suite (according to website 20sqm). There was some issue with bolting the door so we called the desk to fix it, took quite a while for them to come.
The room was on a high floor (8/9) and we had a terrific view from the window (no balcony). As mentioned by @BrooklynCPA the bathroom does not allow for much privacy and the lighting situation is not good for shabbos, the shower was terrific with amazing pressure plus the amenities were very good dead sea products. One thing which we did is to go onto the roof to see the 'historic Jerusalem' view which truly is amazing better than anything I have seen at other hotels, you can see the old city and other directions a real panoramic view of the city, truthfully I would recommend simply going there even if you are not a guest, take the elevator to the 9th floor and you have a fantastic view. The TV is the ususall Israeli garbage with limited options, would recommend bringing your own stuff if you want to watch, you can always connect with an HDMI cable.
In the morning we went to breakfast, the first thing I did was ask to speak to mashgiach, the Arab waiter said he will check, I said is he around and he replied that he was supposed to be but he has a tendency of 'disappearing' (not a good sign IMO), he wasn't there. I spoke with the chef and clarified where the products were from (he was Jewish but did not seem frum). In terms of whether you should eat there ask your LOR I just present to you my experience.
The food was terrific with a great selection of cheeses and cooked items (haloumi skewers)no complaints here, a nice selection of breads etc.
An anecdote - at breakfast if you look at the wall outside there is a beautiful but rather risque quote from sefer shmuel the story of Bat Sheva I guess they took the name seriously...also alluding to the hotels view (in that Dovid Hamelech saw Bat Sheva bathing from his view), make what you want of that...
I am posting a link to my pictures so you can get a sense of what it looks like as well as some of the views (I was not successful in inserting the pictures into the review)
Thanks!
That bed seems tiny!

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2017, 06:38:34 AM »
Thanks!
That bed seems tiny!
Yeah it seemed like a US queen sized bed, although I didn't measure or anything...
travelcm

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2017, 02:19:58 PM »

Thanks for the info and nice pictures.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline troner100

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2017, 03:00:07 PM »
i'm looking to book a night in the tryp- jerusalem. (current rate for that night 149$)
i don't have a wyndham account, i see something about 'go fast'?
can someone help me and guide me how to book this the cheapest rate.
thanks

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
No. Just read the thread and figure it out. Its very simple.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
@Chaim018 Thanks for the TR.
Very practical info.

Offline zow

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »
Has anyone been able to book a revenue stay at the TRYP Jerusalem with Visa Checkout? I don't see it a payment option.
BUMP

Offline shapsam

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
"starting tomorrow (Tuesday, February 13, 2018) they are adjusting two aspects of how they sell points. Specifically:
Wyndham Rewards will be increasing the limit on purchased and transferred points from 5,000 points per year to 10,000 points per year
Wyndham Rewards will be increasing the cost per purchased point from $11 per 1,000 purchased points to $13 per 1,000 purchased points"

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2018/02/12/wyndham-rewards-buy-points/

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2018, 08:58:00 PM »
Didn't @Dan say he wouldn't post this? Not that I care

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »
lol. True.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:28 PM »
Under any circumstances? Link?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
Lol they made a request. But not like it wasn’t kept off ddms long enough.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Chief Rabbi of New York

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
anyone know the mashgiach? that I can get reliable info if the kashrus is good
Show Some Respect for Me, I am The Chief Rabbi of New York :)

Offline chaim0m

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2018, 02:44:44 AM »
anyone know the mashgiach? that I can get reliable info if the kashrus is good
When I was there spoke to the chef who indicated that the mashgiach is not around very much...I will be going again in a few weeks and can update.
travelcm