Topic Wiki

So for those interested figured we can make a wiki to synthesize the info everyone has been gracious enough to supply. We'll include brand, size, flavor(s), price, hecksher, and where you can buy it. Oh and if it's shelf stable or the refrigerable type. So right now some of this will be incomplete until y'all chime in. And there's always the option of making it yourself which could possibly be less expensive and/or more tasty.

-Kirkland Signature, 32oz, unsweetened vanilla, $7.99 (on the high end) OU, Costco (prices vary by location; our friends in MI seem to get it for $6.99 and we found it in Costco of Wharton, NJ for $7.69 though it rang up for $7.99 but they adjusted it), shelf stable

-Califia, 48oz, unsure of flavor(s), $3.50, OU (or is 48oz OU-D?), Bingo, Target also has it for 3.99 (in-store only as per website), refrigerable

-Whole Foods 365, 32oz and 64oz (and maybe larger), original/unsweetened/vanilla (w/ or w/o sugar?), $1.99/$3.99 respectively, OU, Whole Foods market?, shelf and refrigerable?

-Friendly Farms, 64oz (or maybe 32oz?), original/original unsweetened/vanilla, $1.99, OU-D, Aldi, refrigerable

-Simply Nature "Organic" (Aldi house brand), 64 oz., original/original unsweetened/vanilla/vanilla unsweetened, $3.49, OU, Aldi, refrigerable

-Trader Joe's, 64oz, sweetened/unsweetened/unsweetened vanilla. $2.99, OU, Trader Joe's; does fresh mean refrigerable?

-Right now Google Express has Almond Breeze (all flavors) on sale from Whole Foods for $1.69/ea. w/ free shipping on $25. If you still have your 25% off coupon it's the best deal I've been able to find so far.

Author Topic: Almond Milk  (Read 27972 times)

Offline shopfdder

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
Re: Almond Milk
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »
Maybe time to split deal requests from new deals?
@Dan @jj1000

SearchGuy, what do you think of a Master Thread where people make requests and then it can spin off into its own topic if warranted?

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 10:38:27 PM »
Found this on a site we enjoy https://www.vitacost.com/simple-truth-unsweetened-almondmilk (we can discuss some of their other "good buys" if you'd like). It's OU.

If you sign up for their mailer you can receive targeted offers. I just got one for $30 off a $100 order (though some items were excluded) plus another coupon for 15% (it didn't stack exactly but gave 30% off even when the order was over $100). Anyway, this would come out to $1.25 with that discount. And yes, that would be A LOT of almond milk and yes, I'm the type of person that would buy that many :)

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2017, 09:03:20 AM »
Found this on a site we enjoy https://www.vitacost.com/simple-truth-unsweetened-almondmilk (we can discuss some of their other "good buys" if you'd like). It's OU.

If you sign up for their mailer you can receive targeted offers. I just got one for $30 off a $100 order (though some items were excluded) plus another coupon for 15% (it didn't stack exactly but gave 30% off even when the order was over $100). Anyway, this would come out to $1.25 with that discount. And yes, that would be A LOT of almond milk and yes, I'm the type of person that would buy that many :)
It's the shelf stable one though.
IMHO refrigerated ones are superior.

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2017, 09:25:11 AM »
It's the shelf stable one though.
IMHO refrigerated ones are superior.

Yes, we've been told. Are all refrigerable ones designated w/ OUD (or made on DE)?

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2017, 09:49:34 AM »

If you sign up for their mailer you can receive targeted offers. I just got one for $30 off a $100 order (though some items were excluded) plus another coupon for 15% (code ONAFF; it didn't stack exactly but gave 30% off even when the order was over $100). Anyway, this would come out to $1.25 with that discount. And yes, that would be A LOT of almond milk and yes, I'm the type of person that would buy that many :)

I take it back, they won't take ANY coupons this (had a bunch of other stuff in my cart). Still a good non-sale price from what I've seen.

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
Yes, we've been told. Are all refrigerable ones designated w/ OUD (or made on DE)?
Aldi organic os OU

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 08:42:52 PM »
Aldi organic os OU

That's a major plus for some!

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2017, 05:26:07 PM »
Figured it would be good to ask here instead of making a new topic since it's not (yet) a request; anyone interested in making a thread for health food and/or organic cleaning products? My wife is basically vegan so we're always on the lookout for dairy free stuff and she likes cruelty free products (e.g., Seventh Generation, Babyganics etc.)

Offline yhaller14

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Sixt plat, national ee, united 1k, hertz pc,
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2017, 06:50:11 PM »
Figured it would be good to ask here instead of making a new topic since it's not (yet) a request; anyone interested in making a thread for health food and/or organic cleaning products? My wife is basically vegan so we're always on the lookout for dairy free stuff and she likes cruelty free products (e.g., Seventh Generation, Babyganics etc.)
My heart goes to u
"In the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2017, 06:59:13 PM »
Check out thrivemarket.com.

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
My heart goes to u

lol thanks...usually means larger portions of fleish/milchigs though

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2017, 07:32:45 PM »
Check out thrivemarket.com.

Yup, ordered there before but didn't like the membership model (they'd have be the Amazon of healthy/organic foods and, well, Amazon just bought Whole Foods anyway, lol).

Do you have a membership there?

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »
I'm not vegan and I truly love a good cheese and I enjoy my meat and chicken but honestly being vegan isn't bad like you'd first imagine.   It pushes you to try new things and really appreciate the flavors and spices etc.

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
I think an organic thread would be interesring though you'd probably have more participants in a different forum but go for it!
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »
I think an organic thread would be interesring though you'd probably have more participants in a different forum but go for it!

People were cholishing over that Enjoy Life chocolate so it's not the bean-sprout-tofu-shitaki-mushrooms lifestyle by any means. What I meant was a thread to post deals on those types of items in one place (since they're usually more expensive and not as many people might buy them).

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2017, 06:00:08 AM »
I'm in a similar situation... Basically have a lot of beets, plantains, and chumus.

Don't mind it though.

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
I'm in a similar situation... Basically have a lot of beets, plantains, and chumus.

Don't mind it though.

If someone else is making the food it tastes better :)

Sounds like you're really make-it-yourself though. We cook a lot at home but still need to buy things like olive oil and also have snacks for the kids.

Btw, if you haven't yet set up a Fresh Direct acct, they have Seventh Generation products and the 50oz. dish soap would be just $3 which I'm pretty sure is an EXCELLENT price. But maybe you make your own dish soap too? If so, please share the recipe  ;D

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »
Just FYI, if you haven't yet created a Fresh Direct account on the current promotion of $50 off of $100 http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=62786.0 then they have the usual selection of almond milks https://www.freshdirect.com/srch.jsp?pageType=search&searchParams=almond+milk&pageSize=30&all=false&activePage=1&sortBy=Sort_Relevancy&orderAsc=true&activeTab=product (and other "alt milks")

For example a Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (all flavors) is $2.49 so 50% off of that.

Offline shopfdder

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2017, 05:13:01 PM »
FYI, since I don't drink the stuff myself, we got the Kirkland brand from Costco and my wife says it actually tastes like almonds (who knew!) and it's the best regularly priced of the bunch.

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2017, 08:05:01 PM »
FYI, since I don't drink the stuff myself, we got the Kirkland brand from Costco and my wife says it actually tastes like almonds (who knew!) and it's the best regularly priced of the bunch.
The OUD one?