Author Topic: Help with Price Protection Claim  (Read 540 times)

Offline Shotguns

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Help with Price Protection Claim
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
I purchased a watch with a Chase Freedom card and file a price protection claim which was denied because I was told watches are not a covered item. However, as a good ddf member I read Visa's terms attached to Chase's website and it says..

The following items are not covered:

Jewelry, antiques, collectible items, rare or one-of-a-kind items,
special order items, custom items, and tailored items.

It does not mention watches as an excluded item implying that watches are included. The benefits coordinator told me that they have an internal document that specifically excludes watches and that if the pdf says something different then deal with Chase. Chase told me to get lost.

What are my options?

PS Please do not say that jewelry includes watches because in baggage protection and purchase protection it mentions both jewelry and watches.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: Help with Price Protection Claim
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »

I purchased a watch with a Chase Freedom card and file a price protection claim which was denied because I was told watches are not a covered item. However, as a good ddf member I read Visa's terms attached to Chase's website and it says..

The following items are not covered:

Jewelry, antiques, collectible items, rare or one-of-a-kind items,
special order items, custom items, and tailored items.

It does not mention watches as an excluded item implying that watches are included. The benefits coordinator told me that they have an internal document that specifically excludes watches and that if the pdf says something different then deal with Chase. Chase told me to get lost.

What are my options?

PS Please do not say that jewelry includes watches because in baggage protection and purchase protection it mentions both jewelry and watches.

Jewelry includes watches, and I don't care what it says by baggage protection.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch