Author Topic: Business Credit Card Advice Needed  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Humble

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Business Credit Card Advice Needed
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »
Thanks all for your help.

I think I wanna proceed with applying for Chase Ink, Chase Ink Preferred, and Amex Plum.

Is it still true that it may help applying at once from different browsers? (I currently have only 1 hard inquiry on my personal account), if not, which of the above 3 - if any is worth trying first?

My total credit utilization is currently at 6% (with the max per card, being one chase card 13%), is it necessary to first pay off my balances for better chances of getting approved?
- Natural Stupidity Outsmarts Artificial Intelligence TM

Offline chbochur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »

Thanks all for your help.

I think I wanna proceed with applying for Chase Ink, Chase Ink Preferred, and Amex Plum.

Is it still true that it may help applying at once from different browsers? (I currently have only 1 hard inquiry on my personal account), if not, which of the above 3 - if any is worth trying first?

My total credit utilization is currently at 6% (with the max per card, being one chase card 13%), is it necessary to first pay off my balances for better chances of getting approved?

Does not need to all be the same second, if you'll get approved you'd still get approved if you did it a few minutes apart

I'd suggest paying off balances because it gives you a chance of getting a higher credit line then if you still have the balances

Just a heads up your (probably) not gonna get an instant approval (at least with the chase cards) I suggest calling the chase business reconsideration line after you put in the application and hopefully they can approve you right away.
Good luck

Offline Humble

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2017, 12:37:25 PM »
Thanks for the advice!
- Natural Stupidity Outsmarts Artificial Intelligence TM

Offline yudel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 03:16:54 PM »
Question about a Business card:
If I work for my brother but I'm not an "authorized officer" of the corporation, is there any way for us to apply for a business card (chase southwest in this case) and have the miles deposited directly into my account?
In other words, it seems that I can't really apply under my name since I'm not an authorized officer but if my brother applies then there's no way to make the miles be directed to my account. Is there any way around this? 

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »
Question about a Business card:
If I work for my brother but I'm not an "authorized officer" of the corporation, is there any way for us to apply for a business card (chase southwest in this case) and have the miles deposited directly into my account?
In other words, it seems that I can't really apply under my name since I'm not an authorized officer but if my brother applies then there's no way to make the miles be directed to my account. Is there any way around this?

cant he let you create your own southwest account online account for this card or he can let you "manage" his southwest online account

Offline yudel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 10:22:57 PM »
Sure I can "manage" his account but that won't get the mileage into my account/my name which is better for companion pass and safer if SW decides to crack down.

Online LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 11:37:44 PM »
Why not become an authorized officer? I don't think there's any legal paperwork required.