Author Topic: Passover Program  (Read 6080 times)

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
Passover Program
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
Wanted to know if there were any passover programs that would allow you to book your own room (either directly w/ the hotel or at a nearby hotel) and then pay to join the program. I called several and none were willing.
Just wanted to know if DDFers who go away for Pesach use any points at all for the hotel or end up paying directly.

Thanks in advanced.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Passover Program
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
Someone should really organize a DDF pesach program (a real one not one that pays @Dan a ton of $  ;) ) where everyone books rooms with points and they just pay for the food/ programs

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:37:29 AM »
Wanted to know if there were any passover programs that would allow you to book your own room (either directly w/ the hotel or at a nearby hotel) and then pay to join the program. I called several and none were willing.
Just wanted to know if DDFers who go away for Pesach use any points at all for the hotel or end up paying directly.

Thanks in advanced.
I've also tried it many times with no luck.

Even without points... For example, a cruise costs 1/4 the price on the same ship as the kosher ones, was hoping to just pay for meals.. no dice.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »
I've also tried it many times with no luck.

Even without points... For example, a cruise costs 1/4 the price on the same ship as the kosher ones, was hoping to just pay for meals.. no dice.

+1

Was hoping there was another way.
Most of these programs do end up selling out there rooms, which has me wondering why they wouldnt want me to get an outside room and just pay for meals. Seems like its just extra profit for them. Unless there is something im missing

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »
Someone should really organize a DDF pesach program (a real one not one that pays @Dan a ton of $  ;) ) where everyone books rooms with points and they just pay for the food/ programs

+1000000 x100000

Offline ADG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »

This person should work for free? take on risks for free... Last year we saw just how much risks are involved.

You are welcome to do something but to say someone should do it, and then call out Dan for trying to make a living (as if his service is costing you anything), makes you sound very childish. Very.

Offline outinstyle

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »
This person should work for free? take on risks for free... Last year we saw just how much risks are involved.

You are welcome to do something but to say someone should do it, and then call out Dan for trying to make a living (as if his service is costing you anything), makes you sound very childish. Very.
I don't believe that's what he meant.

The caterer would take a  deposit and charge for the meals... Just wouldn't require booking the rooms through them....

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 09:54:32 AM »

Pretty sure he was just being sarcastic

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »

First if all I did not take a shot at Dan. I just didn't want people to say that there was one last year.

Second of all I never said anyone should work for free. Just organize a program that was more catered to the DDF lifestyle. He obviously would make $ off if it.  More of a casual program. The only reason there were so many risks involved was because the people were paying tons of $ and expected a service. If you have more of a casual program and again more catered to DDFers it shouldn't be an issue.

(There will probably be other issues of people calling up to complain to try to get there points back for whatever reason but we can start a new thread for that)

Basically a Pesach hotel DO for the most part

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »
Pretty sure he was just being sarcastic
correct. It just flies over people's heads. I'm not great with emoji's did I put the wrong one?

Offline ADG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
Good luck with that...

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 10:15:57 AM »

Thanks in advanced.
There are programs that will let you pay your way with points. But it's not worth the headache and hock to deal with someone booking their own room and paying just for program and food. Either way you wouldnt be saving that much.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 10:16:38 AM »
There are programs that will let you pay your way with points. But it's not worth the headache and hock to deal with someone booking their own room and paying just for program and food. Either way you wouldnt be saving that much.

Which program?

Offline Sport

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »
Which program?
There are a few, you'll see it on their ads I, imagine.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »
You are basically selling your points to them (at probably not such a great rate for you) and using that cash to pay the programs full price so you might as well sell the points on your own.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
You are basically selling your points to them (at probably not such a great rate for you) and using that cash to pay the programs full price so you might as well sell the points on your own.

Oh. Yea thats not what I intended to do when I asked the question

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 01:53:25 PM »
+1

Was hoping there was another way.
Most of these programs do end up selling out there rooms, which has me wondering why they wouldnt want me to get an outside room and just pay for meals. Seems like its just extra profit for them. Unless there is something im missing
there's a lot more costs then just food and hotel room

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »
there's a lot more costs then just food and hotel room
so they can incorporate those costs in his rate

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »
so they can incorporate those costs in his rate
it probably is the room rate is such a small fraction  of the cost so your essentially just asking for a discount and in most cases the program is committed to all the rooms anyway so until they sell out they're losing by not charging you for the room

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
A few years ago I called the program at Atlantis Bahamas and they were willing to do that.
Don't remember their pricing or any other info. It was something ridicules though.