Topic Wiki

Hotels providing complimentary Kosher breakfast for globalist:

North America
USA:
Park Hyatt NYC
Andaz 5th Ave
The Confidante Miami Beach (need to order 72 hr in advance)

South America
Colombia:
Hyatt Place Bogota - provided by local certified provider

Europe
Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest - advance order from local provider

Asia

Oceania
« Last edited by Joel on May 04, 2022, 05:32:08 AM »

Author Topic: Hyatt diamond treatment  (Read 130397 times)

Offline chayal101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt diamond treatment
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2014, 05:00:30 PM »
Any suggestions for parking near Andaz 5th Ave?? Closest and cheapest Icon is on Avenue of Americas, $35 for 24 hrs. ( i regret not buying a icon groupon when it was 20% off... :-\)
Anyone have a better idea, Street parking??
Chaya L.

Offline mochada

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
Street parking at night, is doable but may have to search.  Most garages have early bird specials around $10-15.

Offline EMCC

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2014, 03:20:36 AM »
I checked in to the Grand Hyatt about 30 minutes ago for a one night stay. I booked the room right before I arrived at the hotel and they let me know there were no king beds so I booked a twin. When I arrived at the hotel they made me use a diamond suite upgrade certificate to get a king bed. They gave me the "01" suite, the smallest suite in your hotel, fractionally larger than the deluxe room. I had to use a diamond suite upgrade certificate for a 12 hour stay in your hotel.
I thought I had a good relationship with your hotel (around 30 nights in the past 8 month) and a good relationship with most of your staff members. I am a top elite member with other hotel groups and I very rarely get a room lower than a suite when I stay at other hotels. Your hotel is the only hotel in Shenzhen that does not upgrade me to a suite. After I built this strong relationship with your hotel and your staff, I feel cheated that they wouldn't upgrade me to a suite for a 12 hour stay when the only other option was a twin room. I checked in at 11PM! There is no way that they will sell that suite for that night! Why do I even have to ask?
I am so frustrated with the lack of individuality, integrity and commitment your hotel offers to its guests. I understand your hotel is "only" a Grand Hyatt, not a Ritz or a St Regis, but your hotel costs the same and I am a good customer. Why is it that every single small request from your hotel must give me a headache? I am afraid that your hotel and perhaps the Hyatt group has lost a loyal customer.

EMCC

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Shenzhen.

Please accept my apology for the delayed response. I have been travelling overseas and encountered issues with receiving e-mail’s on my smartphone, hence I only received your note on my return today.

We are sorry that we weren’t able to meet your expectations on this occasion. I do hope your stay was enjoyable despite the initial frustration as expressed in your note below. As a Diamond Gold Passport member you are indeed one of our most valuable guests and please rest assured that we are doing our utmost to deliver the service that you expect on every occasion you stay with us. Similar to our other Diamond Tier members and as part of our loyalty program, suite upgrade certificates are issued for you to use when requesting an upgrade. In the absence of certificates, our guests may also use points for upgrades should they wish to do so. We will always do our utmost to allocate the preferred suite type, however this all depends on when the reservation is made and the availability and occupancy of the hotel.

On the night of your reservation and subsequent arrival, we were running very high occupancy and the 01 suite was the only applicable suite category available for you at the time. We do regret you were not pleased with this option. The Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis are reputable organizations and two very fine hotels. If they are providing you with free upgrades during your stays, we respect and understand your decision to stay with them in the future.

Your feedback is very important to us as it serves as a base for us to improve, hence if you have further comments on other similar situations as mentioned in your e-mail, we would greatly appreciate your feedback in order for us to investigate and address them accordingly.

Mr. EMCC, we do value your business and loyalty and hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.

In the meantime, please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you and best regards
"Disclaimer: I don't believe everything I write."  - ChaimMoskowitz

Offline aj26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »
I checked in to the Grand Hyatt about 30 minutes ago for a one night stay. I booked the room right before I arrived at the hotel and they let me know there were no king beds so I booked a twin. When I arrived at the hotel they made me use a diamond suite upgrade certificate to get a king bed. They gave me the "01" suite, the smallest suite in your hotel, fractionally larger than the deluxe room. I had to use a diamond suite upgrade certificate for a 12 hour stay in your hotel.
I thought I had a good relationship with your hotel (around 30 nights in the past 8 month) and a good relationship with most of your staff members. I am a top elite member with other hotel groups and I very rarely get a room lower than a suite when I stay at other hotels. Your hotel is the only hotel in Shenzhen that does not upgrade me to a suite. After I built this strong relationship with your hotel and your staff, I feel cheated that they wouldn't upgrade me to a suite for a 12 hour stay when the only other option was a twin room. I checked in at 11PM! There is no way that they will sell that suite for that night! Why do I even have to ask?
I am so frustrated with the lack of individuality, integrity and commitment your hotel offers to its guests. I understand your hotel is "only" a Grand Hyatt, not a Ritz or a St Regis, but your hotel costs the same and I am a good customer. Why is it that every single small request from your hotel must give me a headache? I am afraid that your hotel and perhaps the Hyatt group has lost a loyal customer.

EMCC

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=but%20i%27m%20a%20diamond%20member&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCMQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWCqm4H3m3Ew&ei=XjZ3VLL-FOresATj5YL4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGDzEO3Lv5dAcXeGNQDSv7zkEP_vw&sig2=sMoDsL8IXVu4hwjz-JFkOA&bvm=bv.80642063,d.cWc

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #325 on: November 30, 2014, 02:28:13 PM »
has anyone ever tried getting a diamond kosher breakfast at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson?

Offline Platinum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 30, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
When booking a non-refundable rate, do they charge the whole amount at time of booking? Would using a virtual CC work in case I need to cancel?

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2014, 04:45:15 PM »
When booking a non-refundable rate, do they charge the whole amount at time of booking? Would using a virtual CC work in case I need to cancel?
Try it and let us know.

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
Ah...
Definitely inflated prices, eitherway.

Milk n Honey Menu provided by Andaz 5th:
$26 for the southwestern omellete which directly through M&H costs $8.50
$26 for the 3 egg omellete which directly through M&H costs $8
$6 for a bagel(!!!) which directly through M&H costs $1.25

What other options have people been given at Andaz 5th? They claim this is the menu they offer for the $75 kosher brekkie. I believe My Most Favorite was mentioned but who do I speak to?

Offline kindness0217

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Anyone know what hyatt points go for?  I have heard anything from 0.7 to 1.3.  Thanks

Offline tageed-lee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2014, 04:56:12 PM »
Figured this may be a good thread to post this. HT: DOC

Receive 1,000 free Hyatt points if you’ve received a targeted e-mail from Hyatt. All you need to do is click "Accept your gift".

If you can’t find the e-mail, try using the following link:

http://e.hyatt.com/a/hBUfiFOB8hHSgB89jL4AAUOisQw/gpgift?MBR_ACCT=XXXXXXXXXX&MARKETING_CODE=CHSECMTYT1EM14&RECIPIENT_ID=G-XXXXXXX&TERRITORY_EMAIL_VERSION=NA

You’ll need to replace the XXXXXXX’s above with your Hyatt passport number

This is a targeted promotion. You’ll need to have the Chase Hyatt card to have received the promotional e-mail, all cardholders with Diamond status should have received this e-mail. It seems to be hit or miss for cardholders without Diamond status.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
has anyone ever tried getting a diamond kosher breakfast at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson?
Bump

Anyone ever try?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:50 PM »
Anybody get breakfast GH NYC?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 16, 2015, 11:53:20 AM »
Anybody get breakfast Andaz Wall Street (NYC)?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:56:39 AM by AI-TRAVEL »

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »
Tried getting kosher at the HR TST in Hong Kong. They gave me a paper of "kosher" places in the area. And no, they did not say they would pay.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »
anybody know anything about a kosher breakfast in Hyatt Regency New Brunswick?

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2015, 08:48:07 AM »
Tried getting kosher at the HR TST in Hong Kong. They gave me a paper of "kosher" places in the area. And no, they did not say they would pay.
I used that as leverage for an upgrade there. Obviously worded carefully and politely.

Offline Marco Polo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 12, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
I used that as leverage for an upgrade there. Obviously worded carefully and politely.
I was already in a suite...
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline EMCC

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 12, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »
I was already in a suite...
Me too, I got a nicer suite.

Offline eliteflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Just want to comment anecdotally that the much touted and discussed ability to apply a DSU to P+C awards is over-rated. Good luck finding available inventory at any of the desireable award sweetspots. Andaz Maui completely blocks p+c altogether. Andaz Papagayo refused to apply it after I finally confirmed a p+c award. Hyatt coconut point also refuses to apply it to anything but a full paid rate, even though there are still plenty of open suites one week out. GHK still seems to be pretty good about opening space, but I wouldn't be surprised if that ends soon.