Topic Wiki

Hotels providing complimentary Kosher breakfast for globalist:

North America
USA:
Park Hyatt NYC
Andaz 5th Ave
The Confidante Miami Beach (need to order 72 hr in advance)

South America
Colombia:
Hyatt Place Bogota - provided by local certified provider

Europe
Párisi Udvar Hotel Budapest - advance order from local provider

Asia

Oceania
« Last edited by Joel on May 04, 2022, 05:32:08 AM »

Author Topic: Hyatt diamond treatment  (Read 128780 times)

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Hyatt diamond treatment
« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2016, 02:06:15 PM »
What does "acted Jewish" mean?

Even if he "acted Jewish" whatever that means, does it excuse the bad service he received?
If you don't know what that means, it's either because you act Jewish all the time and don't realize  what that is,  or you've never been to Lakewood. P
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 03, 2016, 02:10:41 PM »
If you don't know what that means, it's either because you act Jewish all the time and don't realize  what that is,  or you've never been to Lakewood. P
Considering the negative connotation you're giving the phrase, I'm gonna hope that I don't act Jewish all the time, and since I've spent limited time in Lakewood, why don't you explain what exactly "acting Jewish" is so I know how offended I should be.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline David Smith

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 03, 2016, 02:49:38 PM »

Coming from a BP native...

On a more serious note, the connotations and vibes (which are commonplace here) are unacceptable.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 03, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »

why don't you explain what exactly "acting Jewish" is

Being an over entitled, self centered, rude, shmuck.

Offline benjie1305

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 03, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »
They did not know that I was Jewish or could have known in anyway nor do I "act" in anyway entitled or rude.

They made it clear from Day 1 that they woke up on the wrong side of the bed and weren't gonna do much about that.

So to answer you: No.
Work hard, Play harder!

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 03, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
Why don't we let Benjie tell us what happened before we judge whether he was a jerk or mentsh

Offline benjie1305

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 03, 2016, 04:11:55 PM »
Original booking process:

Booked on website, website had several issues and didn't give me a booking confirmation.

After calling Hyatt to inquire about the booking and finding out if it went through + checking CC for pending charge and seeing nothing for several days I called again and asked if I should go ahead and book again. They said I should as there was no record of mine in their system indicating any sort of booking.

I book again and mention my Diamond Status 3 days prior via a phone call and asking for a complimentary upgrade. Called again the morning of the booking to confirm and they said Yes to it all and being excited to have me. I wrote down the name of the person I spoke to as well after she said she has it all in my notes.

I get to the hotel with my successful booking and upon checking in the story unravels:

They check me in. When I ask about the upgrade they tell me that they are very full this weekend and most likely won't be able to do anything. I let them know how strange that is as I called as a Diamond and spoke to Claudia (the lady I am speaking to at Check-In) twice in the past 3 days about this who was quite sure I would be able to snag one. I get weird looks - from Claudia!! - letting me know that there are no notes on this reservation and that there is no way I could have called to ask about such a thing and that what I am saying does not check out. Ooookkkk. Suuuurreeeee. You don't have a bigger room? That is fine. Don't start getting all nasty with me (which it was) as others there would confirm. Making it seem as if I am lying about this? How rude.  The GM standing a few feet away then comes over and I just happen to mention that I came here and am a Diamond and was wondering if there was any upgrade available. The GM went ahead and put me in a 2BR.

I get my keys and am about to leave. Now they call me back. Because my 2nd room isn't paid for yet. Emmm, what? What 2nd room? She shows that I have 2 rooms at the hotel. So somehow magically the original booking that I confirmed via CC and via calling Hyatt twice had somehow at some point gone through. How that works is beyond me to understand. So they now do not let me check-in until that room is paid for. I explain the redundancy in me having two rooms. They won't have any of it and will not accept that. The GM and Claudia don't think reasoning applies and do not want to confirm this further with anyone. They are not letting me move until the 2nd room is paid for. The GM then breaks out in pure generosity saying that he will give it to me for 50% off. After realizing that this was not going anywhere and them not cooperating and saying the only way to prove this is to get the audio recordings from Hyatt on which I would have spoken to them ( ???) I said here you go, paid it and will most definitely dispute the charge.

(Again - to note - this has nothing to do with being Jewish, looking Jewish or acting Jewish)

Forget any mention of welcoming me as a Diamond or offering a Diamond kit or points as a Diamond welcome gift. No mention.

The conference rooms were booked so eating outside was the only alternative as they don't let you eat in the dining room area. The tables outside were sticky and dirty and I went to ask about getting it cleaned by maintenance - as the front desk suggested that - to hear back from them that most of the crew isn't around anymore this late and can't do it currently. OMG. I asked for Kleenex and paper towels to clean it myself but without the crew at the time they could not provide that. I found my own ways to clean it.

(I won't go on about the actual hotel because IMO that is not part of "Diamond Treatment" )

I asked for late checkout today. She asked by when I wanted to check out to which I let her know 3 to which she said sure and enjoy your day. I end up at the pool for a couple of hours. I head back later to find people in my room putting the room together while all my stuff is around and the sign at the door being "do not disturb". I ask what is going on and call the front desk to find out that they "tried reaching me" (no one called my Cell which they had on file) as 3 suddenly wasn't doable but I had to be out at 2 and they are there to get the room ready.

Again, I can deal with a mediocre hotel (which is at the top list of terms Id give this one) if the customer experience would be great. It sure wasn't here and instead of trying to out-do the mediocracy of the place they perfectly fit in to it.

Work hard, Play harder!

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2016, 05:14:08 PM »
Original booking process:

Booked on website, website had several issues and didn't give me a booking confirmation.

After calling Hyatt to inquire about the booking and finding out if it went through + checking CC for pending charge and seeing nothing for several days I called again and asked if I should go ahead and book again. They said I should as there was no record of mine in their system indicating any sort of booking.

I book again and mention my Diamond Status 3 days prior via a phone call and asking for a complimentary upgrade. Called again the morning of the booking to confirm and they said Yes to it all and being excited to have me. I wrote down the name of the person I spoke to as well after she said she has it all in my notes.

I get to the hotel with my successful booking and upon checking in the story unravels:

They check me in. When I ask about the upgrade they tell me that they are very full this weekend and most likely won't be able to do anything. I let them know how strange that is as I called as a Diamond and spoke to Claudia (the lady I am speaking to at Check-In) twice in the past 3 days about this who was quite sure I would be able to snag one. I get weird looks - from Claudia!! - letting me know that there are no notes on this reservation and that there is no way I could have called to ask about such a thing and that what I am saying does not check out. Ooookkkk. Suuuurreeeee. You don't have a bigger room? That is fine. Don't start getting all nasty with me (which it was) as others there would confirm. Making it seem as if I am lying about this? How rude.  The GM standing a few feet away then comes over and I just happen to mention that I came here and am a Diamond and was wondering if there was any upgrade available. The GM went ahead and put me in a 2BR.

I get my keys and am about to leave. Now they call me back. Because my 2nd room isn't paid for yet. Emmm, what? What 2nd room? She shows that I have 2 rooms at the hotel. So somehow magically the original booking that I confirmed via CC and via calling Hyatt twice had somehow at some point gone through. How that works is beyond me to understand. So they now do not let me check-in until that room is paid for. I explain the redundancy in me having two rooms. They won't have any of it and will not accept that. The GM and Claudia don't think reasoning applies and do not want to confirm this further with anyone. They are not letting me move until the 2nd room is paid for. The GM then breaks out in pure generosity saying that he will give it to me for 50% off. After realizing that this was not going anywhere and them not cooperating and saying the only way to prove this is to get the audio recordings from Hyatt on which I would have spoken to them ( ???) I said here you go, paid it and will most definitely dispute the charge.

(Again - to note - this has nothing to do with being Jewish, looking Jewish or acting Jewish)

Forget any mention of welcoming me as a Diamond or offering a Diamond kit or points as a Diamond welcome gift. No mention.

The conference rooms were booked so eating outside was the only alternative as they don't let you eat in the dining room area. The tables outside were sticky and dirty and I went to ask about getting it cleaned by maintenance - as the front desk suggested that - to hear back from them that most of the crew isn't around anymore this late and can't do it currently. OMG. I asked for Kleenex and paper towels to clean it myself but without the crew at the time they could not provide that. I found my own ways to clean it.

(I won't go on about the actual hotel because IMO that is not part of "Diamond Treatment" )

I asked for late checkout today. She asked by when I wanted to check out to which I let her know 3 to which she said sure and enjoy your day. I end up at the pool for a couple of hours. I head back later to find people in my room putting the room together while all my stuff is around and the sign at the door being "do not disturb". I ask what is going on and call the front desk to find out that they "tried reaching me" (no one called my Cell which they had on file) as 3 suddenly wasn't doable but I had to be out at 2 and they are there to get the room ready.

Again, I can deal with a mediocre hotel (which is at the top list of terms Id give this one) if the customer experience would be great. It sure wasn't here and instead of trying to out-do the mediocracy of the place they perfectly fit in to it.

Sounds bad. But I would have just dealt with corporate after it was obvious that things were going nowhere with the hotel. They also didn't proactively offer me the 500 point welcome amenity, but I was able to get it after the fact by calling. But you'll probably get 10k points or so by calling corporate :)

Offline CS91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 04, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »
Sounds bad. But I would have just dealt with corporate after it was obvious that things were going nowhere with the hotel. They also didn't proactively offer me the 500 point welcome amenity, but I was able to get it after the fact by calling. But you'll probably get 10k points or so by calling corporate :)
You should be able to get way more than 10k. IME, Hyatt is pretty generous when they do something wrong. I wouldn't settle for anything under 20k based on past experience.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 04, 2016, 06:53:53 PM »
You should be able to get way more than 10k. IME, Hyatt is pretty generous when they do something wrong. I wouldn't settle for anything under 20k based on past experience.

You've had much better luck than me

Keep in mind this is a hyatt house with daily rates under $100.

Offline Menachem613

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 04, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »
Sounds like a total disaster.

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2016, 04:17:53 PM »
Disaster!!
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2016, 12:15:35 AM »
Does Andez Wall Street give Kosher Breakfast?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2016, 12:23:03 AM »
Does Andez Wall Street give Kosher Breakfast?
If you push hard enough they might give you an airline style KSML :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #474 on: November 21, 2016, 12:51:13 AM »
If you push hard enough they might give you an airline style KSML :P

How about Park Hyatt NY?
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 21, 2016, 02:12:40 AM »

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 30, 2016, 12:51:34 AM »
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline @Yehuda

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 30, 2016, 02:28:29 AM »
Bump
They have cereal and fruit. Kosher breakfast costs $25.

Offline sedge

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 01, 2017, 12:50:39 AM »
GHK. Waived resort fee and valet fee. Upgrades from std garden view to Grand Club Room. Awesome ocean view. Room wasn't ready till 5. We arrived at 3. Comped Camp Hyatt for the day and bought us dinner and cocktails.

Offline rudswjkbv

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2017, 11:29:43 PM »
Anyone know if there's a chance for a kosher breakfast at the Park Hyatt Chicago?