Author Topic: Turkish Airlines  (Read 268599 times)

Online SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Turkish Airlines
« Reply #1140 on: May 22, 2023, 11:47:17 AM »
How do I go about doing this ?
I can’t figure it out online

To file a formal complaint you need to have sent a registered letter to the airlines country representative (see this list) https://www.gov.il/he/Departments/DynamicCollectors/representatives-for-court-documents?skip=0 after that you can use the consumer protection society or small claims court https://www.gov.il/en/service/filing_a_complaint_to_fair_trade_authority and https://www.consumers.org.il/ (or the ministry see below)
However you can email the ministry for advice (I have heard stories of them being helpful especially against repeat offenders) at sara@mot.gov.il or pniotcrm@mot.gov.il

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 22, 2023, 12:03:09 PM »
To file a formal complaint you need to have sent a registered letter to the airlines country representative (see this list) https://www.gov.il/he/Departments/DynamicCollectors/representatives-for-court-documents?skip=0 after that you can use the consumer protection society or small claims court https://www.gov.il/en/service/filing_a_complaint_to_fair_trade_authority and https://www.consumers.org.il/ (or the ministry see below)
However you can email the ministry for advice (I have heard stories of them being helpful especially against repeat offenders) at sara@mot.gov.il or pniotcrm@mot.gov.il

How do I comment on a DOT claim?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online SHL

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2023, 12:27:10 PM »
How do I comment on a DOT claim?

Go to regulations.gov and search for the case (case number or name of one of the parties) then choose a document to comment on and click comment (generally the original complaint) you can add your name or do anonymously

if you are referring to the above linked case click the link and then the document titled "Meir Libersohn Complaint against Turkish Airlines"

Offline shmuels2

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 12, 2023, 03:05:50 PM »
I transferred 230k from Cap1 to Turkish without the leading "TK" in the account number. Cap1 shows sent, Turkish does not reflect the transfer. Turkish phone reps says you need that TK at the start.

This was for a booking that needed to be made in the next few hours. I can transfer more but don't want to have 460k stranded at turkish if the transfer does go through. Does anyone have any insight here? Can I expect the miles to be bounced back to cap1?

Offline Zali

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 12, 2023, 04:18:48 PM »
I transferred 230k from Cap1 to Turkish without the leading "TK" in the account number. Cap1 shows sent, Turkish does not reflect the transfer. Turkish phone reps says you need that TK at the start.

This was for a booking that needed to be made in the next few hours. I can transfer more but don't want to have 460k stranded at turkish if the transfer does go through. Does anyone have any insight here? Can I expect the miles to be bounced back to cap1?
The reps are wrong. You do not need the TK, in fact Capital One will not let you put in the TK. Sometimes transfers aren't instantaneous. Don't know what happened to you, but it should go through.

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 13, 2023, 11:52:41 PM »
any recent dp of booking ua metal with tk by points, by phone ?

for last week reps are saying they cant even load the flights, seems to be some technical error [hopefully a positive update eventually ?]

Offline Zali

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 18, 2023, 08:54:24 AM »
LGA is now bookable through the Turkish website. Though it appears that EWR is still blacked out. Has anyone been able to book recently?

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 18, 2023, 10:49:45 AM »
LGA is now bookable through the Turkish website. Though it appears that EWR is still blacked out. Has anyone been able to book recently?

right my issue has also mainly been with ewr...

Offline UKinNYS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »
New flights launches with some Promo prices (not including Tlv ;(
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/campaigns/our-detroit-flights-begin-with-special-prices/

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 01, 2023, 02:16:43 AM »
Does anyone know story. Seems like a lot of flights aren't showing up. United showing saver to Hawaii and LAX from NY, but Turkish doesn't show anything at all on any days. Am I missing something or is there a problem going on? Can Turkish book over phone?

Offline Gvann

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #1150 on: August 01, 2023, 08:31:21 AM »
Does anyone know story. Seems like a lot of flights aren't showing up. United showing saver to Hawaii and LAX from NY, but Turkish doesn't show anything at all on any days. Am I missing something or is there a problem going on? Can Turkish book over phone?

They can book over the phone if its really there

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 01, 2023, 09:44:00 AM »
They can book over the phone if its really there

there has been issues in recent weeks booking united airlines flights using tk points, leaving newark at least. calling wont help [and i have booked hundreds of tickets this way]. any dp from last few weeks of anyone actually booking such a ticket ?

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 01, 2023, 02:11:28 PM »
there has been issues in recent weeks booking united airlines flights using tk points, leaving newark at least. calling wont help [and i have booked hundreds of tickets this way]. any dp from last few weeks of anyone actually booking such a ticket ?
Thank you for this. I didn't have luck from Phil either but didn't search extensively. Do you know if there any airports in the area that it is working through?

Offline srepw

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 01, 2023, 02:48:27 PM »
LGA still not working for me

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2023, 03:31:45 PM »
Thank you for this. I didn't have luck from Phil either but didn't search extensively. Do you know if there any airports in the area that it is working through?

i havent had luck with any, but newark is the one i am certain doesnt work as is the one i [used] to use extensively.

Offline nirc

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 09, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »

@srepw Could be because the price of those economy saver awards (X) is 25k, while Turkish can only book them at 22.5k —

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 13, 2023, 10:37:06 PM »
Turkish opened up saver miles (promo) availability for economy and business to/from US cities similar to what they had until end of last year. Since the beginning of the year, they had almost no availability for the entire calendar.

Offline GAM Z.

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 14, 2023, 12:57:54 AM »
I booked a ticket on Turkish using LifeMiles. How can I choose seats and a kosher meal? Turkish is not recognizing the ticket number created by Avianca since it doesn’t start with 235.

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 14, 2023, 02:12:35 AM »
I booked a ticket on Turkish using LifeMiles. How can I choose seats and a kosher meal? Turkish is not recognizing the ticket number created by Avianca since it doesn’t start with 235.

need to call them

Offline lazeryudel

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 14, 2023, 06:53:17 PM »
can you transfer miles from one  tk acc to another?