Author Topic: Turkish Airlines  (Read 93464 times)

Offline pghtown

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Turkish Airlines
« Reply #690 on: September 23, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »
You do realize that Turkey is still a major trading partner with Israel.

Erdoğan isn't Turkey and Turkey isn't Erdoğan. He is a megalomaniac that wants to replace Saudi Arabia (which replaced Egypt) as leader of the Sunni world, with dreams of restoring the Sultanate.
And there are plenty of fine people in Iran who are not antagonistic towards Israel. Would you fly Iran Air if  they had nice lounges, open availability, and great customer service and flight experience??

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 23, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »
Turkey is a NATO member. Any adverse government action to an innocent traveller will have a monumental impact on the country. It's unlikely to happen any time soon.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #692 on: October 05, 2020, 03:00:14 PM »
I am thinking of flying in a few weeks TLV-NYC-TLV on Turkish. The price is more than $200 cheaper than direct and the free second suitcase would save me an additional 100 or so bucks.
Anyone have experience or knowledge regarding Turkish lately? (Political situation, Covid issues, etc.) I have US and Israeli passports in case that makes a difference for anything.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 05, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »
I am thinking of flying in a few weeks TLV-NYC-TLV on Turkish. The price is more than $200 cheaper than direct and the free second suitcase would save me an additional 100 or so bucks.
Anyone have experience or knowledge regarding Turkish lately? (Political situation, Covid issues, etc.) I have US and Israeli passports in case that makes a difference for anything.
Flew TK recently, great experience. No Kosher meals, like many airlines currently.

Turkey is open to both American and Israeli passport holders.

Offline Pesach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 19, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
There is 3 saver award  flights on united from Ewr to Indianapolis on November 22,  and when you go to book Turkish checking Dans link to star alliance or calling  up Turkish airlines there is nothing available even though its united saver award.